2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

"you would buy something for 1500 if you knew you could sell it for 2000 immediately"

_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.jpg
Duhhh!

Lol honestly back then most sb’s didn’t go too high only select few pairs like unkles luckys Tiffany bison etc..

And even then market was like 5-650 range

Most sb was around 220-350 on the high

like 4 years ago I got DS send helps in my size for 220 shipped on eBay and that wasn’t considered a steal that was like a oh cool 220 lol

Now the hype or rather trendy ness of sb is absurd

nothing about Travis strange love or these Ben and Jerry make them worth the 1K+ they are fetching

now friends and family packaging I can forgive because that’s rare so I could more so see that

but the standard drops

nah no way
Those were the good ol' days

This won't be the most well written response but to make it as simple as possible, I'm tired of walking into my local (Orlando) skateshop and having the fat ****ing owner tell me **** is sold out or I got there too late after I see their clown *** buddies at Status_Orlando buying their stock. I got Halloweens, Infrareds, Travis, and I'll get these for this reason and for this reason only - to get a pair despite anything they put in place to prevent me from getting it. I win, because I have the resources to do so. Screw any other reason.
I feel you but the releases at that shop weren't ever as crazy as they've been the last two years. SB's are just hot right now for a myriad or reasons. Glad you're still able to cop the pairs you want.

To my OGs that hit me up about the brazil Dunk. I will get back to you today. Should confirm how many are coming in.

As for the people crying about the Chunky Dunky's. HYPE KILLS. Nothing new about this. Limited pairs. Always been like that, Always will be. We all know That if they would have made 300,000 pairs of these, most of you wouldn't care about them :lol:

Stop complaining and get your bread up. You want hype releases, you need to pay the price.

Get your bread up. First person I've put on ignore.

I feel you but the releases at that shop weren't ever as crazy as they've been the last two years. SB's are just hot right now for a myriad or reasons. Glad you're still able to cop the pairs you want.

407! What up Brad!

And yeah... I know, I'm kind of steaming. The first pair of SBs I ever bought were OG Skunks at that shop and the line was about 20 people and I thought that was hype (at the time). The way they've done the past few releases kind of sucks IMO. And then for them to let this Status Clown MFer in their shop as people were picking up their pairs of Travis so he could buy them out (most of whom are like 15 year old looking kids).. I'm done with them. All good though, we just work around them.

I remember bud. Doesn’t compare to 400+ people showing up for 12 pairs that are being raffled. Game just different now.

Dont compare? You remember? Lets see. People were literally camping outside of stores for two weeks straight everyday with out them even knowing if the store was releasing the shoe that day. Literally 200 to 300 calls everyday, to where the store had too disconnect the phone for that reason.

The hype has always been there. Can it be different now? Possibly. but it always will there as long as any type of hype attached to the actual release. DUNK SB, KOBE, JORDAN, ECT...

Nike, the marketing geniuses are trying to recreate the cultural SB phenomenon that happened naturally 15-20 years ago.
YOU CAN’T RECREATE NATURAL. IT DOESN’T WORK LIKE THAT.

If you think it wasn't manufactured hype back then too, I don't know what to tell you. Salty or not, agree with how they do it or not, this multi-billion dollar company is in fact a marketing genius.

You must have not been around in 2005 when TIFFS Dropped. Literally just as hyped as these last releases or even more......

BINGO. These two are so comparable to me in terms of hype. But there was no IG and Twitter to make tiffs do what B&J are doing. I got a pair for 220 which at the time was insane to me.

When tiffs dropped it brought out a new consumer, much like B&J did. But Tiffany’s didn’t have IG or Kanye West dropping an SB a few months prior like Travis Scott did with these to push the hype further.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom