2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

The arguments always the same..
“Just want a pair to wear. Backdoor this and rigged that”
When you actually cop:
“They’re just shoes”

Oh and then by Monday all this will be forgotten and it’s on to the next hyped release.
Exactly. The one good thing about hype is it really makes me not give a **** anymore.

Limited SB dunks were never an "easy" cop. I've been buying all types of shoes since about 2004 and most SBs that were super limited were a pain in the *** to cop. backdooring may have been slightly less common but your only chance at buying a very limited SB was camping out 2+ days. Dudes acting like you could just walk into a shop and buy 2 pairs of Pigeon dunks or some ****.
Very true. QS Dunk SBs were never easy. Some were obviously easier than others. But for the most part, prices weren’t this bad right away. Is what it is though. Once dunk hype dies again, and it will eventually, it will be back to regularly scheduled programming.

My sweet spot for shoe releases is probably something like the Fire Red 5 release. Limited, but easy enough to cop if you’re on it.

Very true. QS Dunk SBs were never easy. Some were obviously easier than others. But for the most part, prices weren’t this bad right away. Is what it is though. Once dunk hype dies again, and it will eventually, it will be back to regularly scheduled programming.

oh yeah in terms of resale, the prices are insane. You'd pay like $300-500 for most QS Dunks back then compared to $400 for a semi QS and closer to $1k for anything that's Chunky Dunk range of limited. The thing is people will complain about the resale then enter a raffle for some kicks they don't even want then sell if they win. It's a cycle bc everyone does what they dislike everyone else for doing.

i think the first double kick board i saw was a vallely, but i honestly dont know. wouldnt surprise me if rod invented it.

That barnyard deck was the precursor to the contemporary popsicle shape. I think Neil Blender had the first double kick though. Paulo Diaz said he rode one because of that.

Not all SB's were hard to cop and even if they were, resell wouldn't have been 5x over retail like nowadays for the real limited stuff. from $100 to 1100-1400 for GD's? if the GD's were a release back in like 2007-2011 the resell would have been at like $180-250. it was absurd to pay over $220 for a pair of SB's back in those early days. Same with B&J's if they released back in those days resell would've been around the same due to the fact not alot of heads were collecting SB's or jumping bandwagon trying to flip sneakers. You had a smaller-culture in those days, now it's booming everyone and I mean everyone want a piece of the pie from the 12-16 year old Timmy's, the fashionista girls, parents, grandparents, so on. forums was the only way you can really get update on sneakers or certain blogs. Nowadays social media like instagram, "shoe-tubers", etc, exploit it like a cheap wh*re.

Not all SB's were hard to cop and even if they were, resell wouldn't have been 5x over retail like nowadays for the real limited stuff. from $100 to 1100-1400 for GD's? if the GD's were a release back in like 2007-2011 the resell would have been at like $180-250. it was absurd to pay over $220 for a pair of SB's back in those early days. Same with B&J's if they released back in those days resell would've been around the same due to the fact not alot of heads were collecting SB's or jumping bandwagon trying to flip sneakers. You had a smaller-culture in those days, now it's booming everyone and I mean everyone want a piece of the pie from the 12-16 year old Timmy's, the fashionista girls, parents, grandparents, so on. forums was the only way you can really get update on sneakers or certain blogs. Nowadays social media like instagram, "shoe-tubers", etc, exploit it like a cheap wh*re.
Nothing but facts.

Resale has no reason. Alot of things don't have a justifiable resale price. It's the demand. I wish there were a lot more low resale paying buyers. I wish we could have more power in the market, otherwise resellers gonna get the prices they want from other buyers and set the resale price.

I remember when people didn’t even know that SBs were sold in skate shops... back in the day places like SPOT and Plus here in Florida were hidden secrets because they took phone orders for their “In store only” stuff. A lot of skate shops without websites took phone orders.

He took the L like the rest of us?
Screenshot_20200724_175503.jpg

“A vast majority of people have zero chance of buying what they are being made to want most”

Nobody can "make" you want anything. Chasing hype shoes is a choice, you make. People want hype shoes for clout. Everybody likes attention. Fact is, for every hype shoe, there's another shoe (the same exact silhouette) that has a similar aesthetic that people treat like it's for "broke boys." So you don't like the shoe, you like the clout. Maybe we don't look at Nike who just engaging in smart marketing and look at our dependence on the social currency of clout

“You know how sneaker resale prices are set? It’s the most money the dumbest person on eart is willing to pay for a pair of shoes”

Yeah, that's how neo-liberal free markets work.

I remember when people didn’t even know that SBs were sold in skate shops... back in the day places like SPOT and Plus here in Florida were hidden secrets because they took phone orders for their “In store only” stuff. A lot of skate shops without websites took phone orders.
SPOT, Familia and a few others would ship out. I remember getting the baby bears, money cats, Paul urich’s, Brian Anderson’s, Todd Jordan blazers and so many others via a phone call.

“A vast majority of people have zero chance of buying what they are being made to want most”

Nobody can "make" you want anything. Chasing hype shoes is a choice, you make. People want hype shoes for clout. Everybody likes attention. Fact is, for every hype shoe, there's another shoe (the same exact silhouette) that has a similar aesthetic that people treat like it's for "broke boys." So you don't like the shoe, you like the clout. Maybe we don't look at Nike who just engaging in smart marketing and look at our dependence on the social currency of clout

“You know how sneaker resale prices are set? It’s the most money the dumbest person on eart is willing to pay for a pair of shoes”

Yeah, that's how neo-liberal free markets work.
I teach in a pretty affluent international school. Now some of our kids are DOD loving on enlisted military salaries, while some of my students have $10k monthly allowances. Dropping $1500 for a shoe isn’t a big deal. They just want it fast/now/early so they can flex ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom