2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

marikomorose marikomorose I see you in the dunks and dog pants.

pmtotheam pmtotheam that was my first thought and biggest gripe about it. $300 and there isn't even a real life picture of the product. That's some swindling shady **** for sure.

1601299532686.png

I LOVE the new dunk hype. I just sold my worn OG tiffs for $1,200. I got them for $330 2.5 years ago, wore a dozen times, sold them for $330, bought them back from the same guy for the same price. I wore them dozens more times until this year but I took them out of the rotation because I didn't want the swooshes to deteriorate - somehow my swooshes are still in great shape, no wrinkling or oxidation. But I knew I didn't want to keep wearing them and risk messing them up so decided to just list them and take what I could get.

I don't understand why people refer to WL shoes as fakes... He has never made a claim to these being Nike Dunks.

Are the original Bapestas fake?
The argument of "What about Nigo and Bapestas?" is as played out as all the ugly, poor quality, unoriginal, uninspired ripoffs.

cause they’re fakes...

you know damn well they’re getting made
in the same factory as the fakes

Why does that make them fake? Would they be real if he had them made in the Nike Factory? Where else is he suppose to have these shoes made?

Are the designs unoriginal? 1000000000% The guy takes a Nike Dunk design and completely rebrands it. However, by no means does he came this to be a Nike product nor to have any affiliation with Nike.

I guess some people on here have another perception of the word "fake". To me a fake is a product completely recreated as accurately as possible to the original INCLUDING branding of the original brand.

Why does that make them fake? Would they be real if he had them made in the Nike Factory? Where else is he suppose to have these shoes made?

Are the designs unoriginal? 1000000000% The guy takes a Nike Dunk design and completely rebrands it. However, by no means does he came this to be a Nike product nor to have any affiliation with Nike.

I guess some people on here have another perception of the word "fake". To me a fake is a product completely recreated as accurately as possible to the original INCLUDING branding of the original brand.

I think a lot of people, yourself included, are confusing "replica" with "fake." A replica tries to imitate an original. A fake tries to be something it's not.

WL dunks are to dunks what Rodex watches are to Rolex. Fake.

I think a lot of people, yourself included, are confusing "replica" with "fake." A replica tries to imitate an original. A fake tries to be something it's not.

WL dunks are to dunks what Rodex watches are to Rolex. Fake.

"A fake tries to be something it's not." WL is not claiming these to be Nike Dunks?!

Agreed to disagree.

Nobody giving us great arguments on Bapes. And you new jacks need to understand your history with Bapestas. Nigo literally stole the Air force 1 design and put his own star swoosh on it.

It is the same here.

Prove me wrong.

Well here are my thoughts on the whole warren lotus stuff...

first off people need to calm down lol

2nd

is it really a Big deal? People acting like pigeons(or any shoe) are the like missing 11th commandment or the Dead Sea scrolls like chill out

they are just shoes don’t like it cool don’t buy them or wear them then

as far as jeff co-signing then goes it’s up to him it’s his intellectual property to do with as he wishes and it’s not like dude hasn’t whored out the pigeon for like 10+ years anyway lol so shouldn’t be so surprising

at the end of the day this is no different than shoe surgeon or mache etc... making customs and such

to be fair mache customized real shoes

but shoe surgeon legit makes his own with other materials all together sans a sole

so this has been accepted for awhile just as a premium service and more one to one

Geiger with surgeon misplaces checks for example was a high volume and multiple drops and no one stomped on it

now the argument is classic color ways that are coveted

Pigeon for example was a insanely limited shoe and today would cost you a new car

so that color way being widely(kinda) available again or course people are like wow I get this shoe in a sense

don’t we all go on Nike ID and remake classic color ways when we can? We all guilty oit

hell most customs are of older colorways lol

a lot of this is “I have this shoe I’m special” and this people feel it makes them less special because the color way is now flooded in a sense

It’s all very silly really because as I said they are just shoes man perishable items meant for consumption

They sell posters of famous artwork

is the original artwork not as classic and famous now?

things like this warren shoe and even the never heard of you before shoes are interesting to me and it expands creativity in many ways

where the shoe market is more accessible to people now and in the future

it also shows by people buying just how much more production of a shoe by big companies should be done

is limited product cool?

sure

but does everything have to be limited that’s nice?

not at all

so I see these kinda releases as a huge hey F you look at this to companies

And end of the day don’t like it or it’s not for you then that’s perfectly fine

keep it moving

if you like it and want to buy and wear it

that’s perfectly fine

the irony is at the end of the day jeff staple made history with the same shoe 15 years apart and people went nuts lol

I do not think this hurts his legacy at the end of the day hedid what he did can’t change that

Well here are my thoughts on the whole warren lotus stuff...

first off people need to calm down lol

2nd

is it really a Big deal? People acting like pigeons(or any shoe) are the like missing 11th commandment or the Dead Sea scrolls like chill out

they are just shoes don’t like it cool don’t buy them or wear them then

as far as jeff co-signing then goes it’s up to him it’s his intellectual property to do with as he wishes and it’s not like dude hasn’t whored out the pigeon for like 10+ years anyway lol so shouldn’t be so surprising

at the end of the day this is no different than shoe surgeon or mache etc... making customs and such

to be fair mache customized real shoes

but shoe surgeon legit makes his own with other materials all together sans a sole

so this has been accepted for awhile just as a premium service and more one to one

Geiger with surgeon misplaces checks for example was a high volume and multiple drops and no one stomped on it

now the argument is classic color ways that are coveted

Pigeon for example was a insanely limited shoe and today would cost you a new car

so that color way being widely(kinda) available again or course people are like wow I get this shoe in a sense

don’t we all go on Nike ID and remake classic color ways when we can? We all guilty oit

hell most customs are of older colorways lol

a lot of this is “I have this shoe I’m special” and this people feel it makes them less special because the color way is now flooded in a sense

It’s all very silly really because as I said they are just shoes man perishable items meant for consumption

They sell posters of famous artwork

is the original artwork not as classic and famous now?

things like this warren shoe and even the never heard of you before shoes are interesting to me and it expands creativity in many ways

where the shoe market is more accessible to people now and in the future

it also shows by people buying just how much more production of a shoe by big companies should be done

is limited product cool?

sure

but does everything have to be limited that’s nice?

not at all

so I see these kinda releases as a huge hey F you look at this to companies

And end of the day don’t like it or it’s not for you then that’s perfectly fine

keep it moving

if you like it and want to buy and wear it

that’s perfectly fine

the irony is at the end of the day jeff staple made history with the same shoe 15 years apart and people went nuts lol

I do not think this hurts his legacy at the end of the day hedid what he did can’t change that

I don't care either way. I think it's funny how society has evolved into the current state where as in the 90s you'd get clowned on for buying/wearing some Chinatown knock offs, but now people are paying $300 for knock offs.

I don't care either way. I think it's funny how society has evolved into the current state where as in the 90s you'd get clowned on for buying/wearing some Chinatown knock offs, but now people are paying $300 for knock offs.

I disagree with you as well.

This:
1601311580286.png

is NOT the same as this:
1601311630045.png

There is a huge difference between wearing a blatantly fake sneaker vs a sneaker you can clearly see is a custom without claims of being another brand.

I disagree with you as well.

This:
1601311580286.png

is NOT the same as this:
1601311630045.png

There is a huge difference between wearing a blatantly fake sneaker vs a sneaker you can clearly see is a custom without claims of being another brand.

but sir Those Jason’s are not a custom tho.... it’s funny because people are skewing the term custom now. That shoe is as manufactured as it can get; there’s not an artists buying legit Nike sbs by the bulk and actually customizing them. I’m hearing those things are assembled in the factory but brought to the states so laborers can assemble the swoosh.

Plus those shoes are not nearly the same to original dunk low sb mold....

but sir Those Jason’s are not a custom tho.... it’s funny because people are skewing the term custom now. That shoe is as manufactured as it can get; there’s not an artists buying legit Nike sbs by the bulk and actually customizing them. I’m hearing those things are assembled in the factory but brought to the states so laborers can assemble the swoosh.

cus·tom: made or done to order for a particular customer.

The shoes are made to order from scratch as a WL product. Weather it be in a garage or factory in China. Everything on the shoe is custom made.

Jordan 1’s been knocked of by every major fashion house and multiple streetwear brands as have the AF1’s. It’s just the Dunks turn lol

In what world are they not Dunks? They're clearly Dunks with his custom Swoosh. But I do agree, that **** needs its own thread.
Because the Nike Dunk is an official product made by Nike. Warren Lotas is not working for Nike, so he's not making Nike Dunks.

1601314405351.png

You might eat these but don't go around telling people you got the travis scott reese's puffs.

Jordan 1’s been knocked of by every major fashion house and multiple streetwear brands as have the AF1’s. It’s just the Dunks turn lol
Other than the bapes, what other shoes blatantly copied AF1s and the like.
Like this shoes is basically the same damn shoes, other than lower quality and the stupid swoosh. But other than that we’re looking at straight up copies.

Back
Top Bottom