Dunks
Shadows- Edge 2 Edge (small town shop)

Sb’s
Kevin Bradley- Hell Blazers Bonkers Skate Shop
ACG Blazers- Lobby Skate Shop
Wacko Maria Blazers- Lobby Skate Shop
Chlorophylls- Lobby Skate Shop
Green GT- Blazers - Bonkers Skate Shop

You paid HOW much for a PHOTOSHOP? Have you even seen the actual product? I have the blank template I can email you if you want to make it yourself. I can't believe how many people are still using it, I've had this saved for over 10 years.

1608667051665.png

Recognize that dunk any where. Lots of time spent on that template back in the day.

White/red dunks - SNKRS and I bought the wrong size.

Couldn't hit anything else. I tried for every SNKRS release. And did raffles online for the other releases I was interested in. Nothing.

Travis (Streetmachine)
Instant Skate (Boarders)
Ceramics (trade)
Chunkys (trade)
Strange Loves (trade + cash)

Need Clivers and Civilist

Last dunk I bought was back in 09 when you could walk into a skate store and buy them off the shelf with no problems. These days I think only one store on the island I live on does raffles.

Dunks:
Infrared - CCS
Shadows - Black Sheep
Black Suede OL Mid - Kinetic(my local)

SBs:
Sashiko Blue Blazer - CCS
Black Leather OL Blazer - Premier
Black Leather OL Bruin - Premier

if you've hit either travis or any of the grateful dead or strangeloves or chunky dunk for retail, there should be no complaining lol
Only hit the Yellow Gratefuls of these listed 4. Was the pair I wanted the most of the 4 actually.

I put in work. Wake up early for SNKRS (7am drops). Raffles all over the world. Local raffles. CopDate including boosts. CCS+. Charity donation raffles. I’ve even bugged a couple some non-sneakerhead friends to help me with the quick/easy raffles.

And this is the dumb sht I’m talking about, and why I think we all have a right to complain. We have to jump through ALL THE HOOPS just for a SLIM CHANCE at lucking up at getting some shoes. Fk “the chase” or “the thrill” that some talk about. That’s never been something that I had in mind when getting a pair. If I want a pair, I want a pair because I like them. I don’t care if everyone and their mom has them, if there are a million pairs of them in the wild, it doesn’t matter. Wanting and getting sneakers shouldn’t be like playing the damn lotto.

I haven’t won anything all year, but I have enough dunks and dunk sb’s from the past that I scooped for the low. I cant complain :smokin

Side note—I really thought the IG post above on the “street hawker” was raffle instructions at first glance lolll

I haven’t won anything all year, but I have enough dunks and dunk sb’s from the past that I scooped for the low. I cant complain :smokin

Side note—I really thought the IG post above on the “street hawker” was raffle instructions at first glance lolll
I too have tons of Dunk SBs from my 20 years of collecting, but we can, and should, still complain. One shouldn’t have to do this much work for the slim possibility of maybe getting the chance to get some shoes. Trying for kicks shouldn’t be the same experience as playing the lotto or scratch tickets. The fact that the sneaker game has turned into this is probably the worst part IMO.

Only hit the Yellow Gratefuls of these listed 4. Was the pair I wanted the most of the 4 actually.

And this is the dumb sht I’m talking about, and why I think we all have a right to complain. We have to jump through ALL THE HOOPS just for a SLIM CHANCE at lucking up at getting some shoes. Fk “the chase” or “the thrill” that some talk about. That’s never been something that I had in mind when getting a pair. If I want a pair, I want a pair because I like them. I don’t care if everyone and their mom has them, if there are a million pairs of them in the wild, it doesn’t matter. Wanting and getting sneakers shouldn’t be like playing the damn lotto.

the funny thing is there could be a million pairs of a particular dunk and, if demand was there, not everyone would get a pair. happens with jordans all the time. and you still gotta enter raffles or pray to the snkrs gods half the time for those, too.

if nike overproduced pairs, they'd lose money and people would complain about them being too plentiful. (see Yeezys). if nike underproduces like they've historically done, then people complain about not being able to get a pair. only thing is now, unlike 5-10-15 years ago, a) more people are into sneakers than ever before b) they're way more accessible bcuz internet and c) reselling is a huge, money making behemoth that we've likely all fed at some point despite constantly complaining about it.

I've only been able to get 2 dunks for retail since late 2018: strangeloves and kentuckys. that definitely sucks when we had years of being used to getting dunks at or far below retail (but let's remember the time before that when getting dunks was almost as hard as it is now, especially if you didn't have a skate shop in your area). but on the bright side, plenty of heat came out this year that didn't have hype behind them if you're into anything outside of SB.

the funny thing is there could be a million pairs of a particular dunk and, if demand was there, not everyone would get a pair. happens with jordans all the time. and you still gotta enter raffles or pray to the snkrs gods half the time for those, too.

if nike overproduced pairs, they'd lose money and people would complain about them being too plentiful. (see Yeezys). if nike underproduces like they've historically done, then people complain about not being able to get a pair. only thing is now, unlike 5-10-15 years ago, a) more people are into sneakers than ever before b) they're way more accessible bcuz internet and c) reselling is a huge, money making behemoth that we've likely all fed at some point despite constantly complaining about it.

I've only been able to get 2 dunks for retail since late 2018: strangeloves and kentuckys. that definitely sucks when we had years of being used to getting dunks at or far below retail (but let's remember the time before that when getting dunks was almost as hard as it is now, especially if you didn't have a skate shop in your area). but on the bright side, plenty of heat came out this year that didn't have hype behind them if you're into anything outside of SB.
While in a perfect world everyone who wanted a shoe would get it, I’d AT LEAST like a 30-50% chance of getting a pair. As it currently stands, it’s like we all have a 5% chance (if that) at SBs, and that’s after you do the leg work of entering every raffle, Copdate, jumping online at launch times, SNKRS, etc. That’s lotto sht, and it shouldn’t be quite that damn difficult and improbable. Sure, Nike doesn’t want to overproduce, but I’d bet the farm they could even TRIPLE the numbers of SBs that come out for these releases, and they’d still sell out and be hard to obtain. IMO they’re severely underproducing the number of pairs. There’s a number where they could make more pairs to make more money, yet not over saturate, and I don’t think they’re even remotely close to that point. I’m not the type that complains about there being “too many pairs,” so that mentality is dumb IMO. I don’t care if other people see the same movies, play the same games, or eat the same food, so I really don’t care if they can wear the same shoes. And while you’re right that there’s other kicks, it sucks that we’d have to look elsewhere for shoes and settle, as opposed to getting what we’d truly want.

Back
Top Bottom