2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Just because Meth is/was more marketable he sells out and he also has a bit of a 'cult' following, GZA, Rae/Ghost were way better lyrically IMO

Deck is underrated indeed, his first album was very good.

Tical was top heavy...Bring The Pain and Release Yo Delf. The album version of All I Need was ok but was completely overshadowed by the remixes.  Overall I had high expectations for the album, and they just weren't met. *shrugs*

OB4CL, Liquid Swords, Ironman >>>> Tical

One thing we can probably agree on: RZA's run from late 1994 - Oct 1995 is legendary.
That I would agree with, however never was really a fan of Ironman (flame suit ready) I preferred Supreme Clientle, production is still unmatched IMO.
That Supreme Clientele album 

We should probably stop; this could go on for days. On another note, someone should really start a 90s Hip Hop thread; or maybe they shouldn't, cuz I'd be in there waaay too much...
That I would agree with, however never was really a fan of Ironman (flame suit ready) I preferred Supreme Clientle, production is still unmatched IMO.
I agree with you actually. Supreme Clientele is probably my favorite Ghost album. I think he was starting to come into his own, finding his flow. I don't know tho..Fishscale was a cold mutha...
I don't think it was him selling out so much after Tical. I think it was just him not being able to keep up lyrically. Deck has some cold verses, but he's kinda in the same bracket as Meth, in my opinion, with that flow that just didn't advance enough. That's just my opinion tho. Guys like Ghost and Rae were able to stay relevant because they were actually AHEAD of their time, lyrically and style-wise. Their stuff was so unorthodox, that when other people started catching up, they were already there. As far as that video u posted, I have no idea what the hell I just watched...  

Nothing wrong with being more marketable but for everything after Tical 2000 he wasnt himself at all. Meanwhile the rest of them did absolutely nothing to impress anyone and it worked better than what Meth did.

He himself said he didnt like the way the albums he did with puff turned out but he switched his flow because puff knows how to sell records

But you guys are all right Raekwon is my favorite of the crew. Easily one of the best lyricist ever. Ghost is also killing it but his recent joints are meh at best. Although some albums are not as good as others, I dont think there is a single Rae album I dont like. Bulletproof wallets and the pretty tony album were not good and ghost will admit he wasnt inspired when he made those

Last edited:
Just because Meth is/was more marketable he sells out and he also has a bit of a 'cult' following, GZA, Rae/Ghost were way better lyrically IMO

Deck is underrated indeed, his first album was very good.
I agree with you (if I understand u correctly); the labels pushed him hardest because he was the most marketable. One of the most popular cuts on "Enter The 36" was NAMED AFTER HIM, for christ's sake! Lyrically, he wasn't the best of the bunch, but his steez/style was unmatched at the time. I mean, BIG picked him for the ONLY guest spot on "Ready To Die" for a reason. SunshineBlotters is also right though, with the fact that he wasn't himself after Tical 0. He definitely started catering towards "Mainstream America", which is always a bad idea. The smart ones let "Mainstream America" come to them (i.e. J****).

As far as Ghost, I stopped checking for him after More Fish (his greatest hits album still gets play tho), but that new joint, 12 Reasons to Die, sounds promising (only heard a couple cuts; still need to get that joint). BTW, was anyone else feeling Wu-Block? I only ran through it once (at the Dentist, no less), but first impression was that it was TOUGH. Gotta give it another run through to come to my consensus, but it seemed dope. Cats like Ghost and Rae just need dope beats. If the production is there, they're pretty much always gonna come through lyrically. That's how it is for the best of 'em. That's truly what has kept Nas from being as high as he should be (to others at least; to me, he's always gonna be a Top 5 guy).

It's unfortunate how Columbia did Nas in. :smh:

Rushed an album because it was leaked then made an album out of the songs that werent good enough to get on the album in the first place :smh: Yah I like MF Doom's take on Nastradamus better than Columbia's (NastraDOOMus) and it still wasnt that good)

Stillmatic, and Hip-Hop is dead just needed better beats.

Street's Disciple and God's Son were perfect as is. Those two are truly underrated (by rap fans, critics loved those two if my memory served correct)

Life is good is a great album but I think most of the songs could've benefitted from better beats.

Seller has them listed as "Lakers" Dunk High Sample Currently on eBay.

reminiscent ( well to me ) of the SB "Comic" High... Possibly early prototypes of those.

Janoski Lemon Twists on sale at Fishbone (phone orders only) for $69.95. As of an hr ago, size 8.5, 9.5 and 12 available. 717 540 6399 is the number I have for 'em in my phone.

EDIT:

P-Rod 6 "Lunar" as well, on sale, for $79.95, phone order only. Not sure the sizes available.

St. Patty's Dunk from sizes 9.5 to 12, $84.95, fyi.

Last edited:
I'd say maybe around 215-240. It might be hard to find though, with insane people selling on eBay for like 400 lol
Preciate the info. I paid $265 shipped for 'em just now. I'd been looking for 'em in my size for the last couple weeks, but people had 'em listed at like $350, $400, and not much better via Invoice, so I said Eff It and just copped 'em. I don't mind paying a little extra over "reasonable" if I really want something and it's not readily available anymore.
Seller has them listed as "Lakers" Dunk High Sample Currently on eBay.

reminiscent ( well to me ) of the SB "Comic" High... Possibly early prototypes of those.

Definitely see the Comic similarity. However, these, imo, are much doper. NICE.

Last edited:
Preciate the info. I paid $265 shipped for 'em just now. I'd been looking for 'em in my size for the last couple weeks, but people had 'em listed at like $350, $400, and not much better via Invoice, so I said Eff It and just copped 'em. I don't mind paying a little extra over "reasonable" if I really want something and it's not readily available anymore.
Yeah I feel you, not a bad price considering their prices online now.

Where did you order them from?
What he said.
I just got back into copping SBs again after a long hiatus, so I'm not as knowledgeable on pricing, but from what I'd heard, SBs had started dying down hype-wise. It seems like that's not the case anymore, because prices I've been seeing lately are crazy, even with recent stuff (2010-2012). Hopefully I'm wrong; the majority of stuff I want is pre-2011. On another note,  I was looking at a pair of NDS (just creasing in the toebox) Toxic Avengers on the bay and forgot to bid on 'em, which really sucks, considering they sold for like $50 shipped. THAT woulda been great. Pairs with significantly lower prices due to toebox creasing and nothing else are perfect for me, since a wearable shoe tree will bring the structure back to the toebox and, imo, will take out a lot of that old creasing over time (which is crazy; u WEAR a shoe to get it to un-crease itself...). I did that with my Biggie's, and maybe it's just in my mind, but they've gotten noticeably less creased, which is awesome. Thank you WEARABLE SHOE TREES!!!

Last edited:
I just got back into copping SBs again after a long hiatus, so I'm not as knowledgeable on pricing as I'd like to be, but from what I've heard, SBs had supposedly started dying down hype-wise. It seems like that's not the case anymore, because a lot of prices I've been seeing lately are crazy, even with stuff that's not that old (2010-2012). Hopefully I'm wrong; the majority of stuff I want is pre-2011. On another note,  I was looking at a pair of NDS Toxic Avengers on the bay and forgot to bid on 'em, which really sucks, considering they sold for like $50 shipped. THAT woulda been a dope purchase. If a pair has creasing in the toebox and that's the only problem, those are perfect for me, since a wearable shoe tree will bring the structure back to the toebox and, imo, will take out a lot of the creasing over time (which is crazy; u WEAR a shoe to get it to un-crease itself). I did that with my Huxtables, and maybe it's just in my mind, but I'm pretty sure they've gotten noticeably less creased, which is awesome. Thank you WEARABLE SHOE TREES!!!

I just got back into copping SBs again after a long hiatus, so I'm not as knowledgeable on pricing as I'd like to be, but from what I've heard, SBs had supposedly started dying down hype-wise. It seems like that's not the case anymore, because a lot of prices I've been seeing lately are crazy, even with stuff that's not that old (2010-2012). Hopefully I'm wrong; the majority of stuff I want is pre-2011. On another note,  I was looking at a pair of NDS Toxic Avengers on the bay and forgot to bid on 'em, which really sucks, considering they sold for like $50 shipped. THAT woulda been a dope purchase. If a pair has creasing in the toebox and that's the only problem, those are perfect for me, since a wearable shoe tree will bring the structure back to the toebox and, imo, will take out a lot of the creasing over time (which is crazy; u WEAR a shoe to get it to un-crease itself). I did that with my Huxtables, and maybe it's just in my mind, but I'm pretty sure they've gotten noticeably less creased, which is awesome. Thank you WEARABLE SHOE TREES!!!
That's awesome... yeah I've been interested in trying out shoe trees but I've just never got around to it. And regarding SB hype, its definitely gone down. However those insane prices you are referring to aren't due to hype, it's just your average highball seller taking advantage of the lack of inventory on eBay. I made the mistake of sleeping on the Koziks (which are so nice in person) and now there are barely any on eBay, but the ones that are I am not willing to pay for. Same with the yellow curbs. There just aren't a lot of people selling them, so highballers go crazy, but I don't think people are paying their prices anyway, or at least I hope lol. But if you're patient good steals will definitely pop up

Man I made one little comment about Meth's albums and come back in here half a day later and it turned into a hip hop thread....Guess I shoulda just left it alone..sorry to everyone else didn't mean for that to happen. I won't even keep all this talk going with putting in my .02 cents about the Wu and all the solo albums and which album is better than which....Let's just keep the thread on track and talking about the shoes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom