2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I finally got these! I've been searching for years! 
nthat.gif

1.  I think that those who collected when they came out would still look to those as grails.  However, if you started collecting long after and/or just generally like the look without caring too much about the history of the shoe, then you wouldn't really care.  Grails will probably remain grails

2.  I think that a lot of older SB heat were very unique and had little things that are unlikely to become an ID choice.  I don't think it's going to go anywhere.

3.  It might bring the demand down a bit, but i think that prices have had enough time to settle, to the point where they're pretty much going to stay the same, even with a lower demand.  

First time answering some of your questions John00...

Question #1: With Nike adding the elephant print option to the ID menu and many people opting to make a ID dunk version of the SB Supremes, how will this effect the way that grails are sought after?

I think not. I think that people that still want the originals will still want the originals. As being one of the older collectors here, I really am happy that they decided to do this. Heck, I just made my "poor" man's versions of the Black Supreme Low but that does NOT stop me in finding an original pair I had 8 years ago.

Question #2: Do you believe that if Nike ID continues to give more OG SB material choices that the "SB grail" may become extinct?

I don't think they wiil give the same quality materials that we saw in 2002-2006. Sure they will give us elephant print, but will they ever give us the same quality leather? Suede? Can you imagine if you can copy the UNKLE print? Doubt that will ever happen.

Question #3: Could these developments solely bottom out the "resell" market for older SB heat?  
[/quote]

I hope it kind of bottoms out the resell market. I know instead of paying upwards of $700 and up for DS Supreme Lows, I would like it to go back to prices like $300 or so when I first bought off the resell market. $300 was a LOT of money back then and now, we are dropping almost just as much for Nike Basketball shoes. My, have times have changed.

More power to the person that Id's them a low supreme-esque cw. I'll create one but it will def be a high, I'll leave the lows alone. I'll eventually find a real pair of low premes in the future. :nerd:

Have these been posted yet? If so ill edit

Tiger stripe janoski pack release next year i think
throw it up in the janos thread. additionally will not cop. just too fruity.

on another note, all this talk of DBs going around NT has me thirsting for another DB SB dunk. hopefully a low. 

Mad people on instagram and twitter are complaining about it. I think it has to do with it affecting prices of the og supremes. I was actually thinking of putting down some $$$ for a supreme pair but now am really considering putting the same amount for 2 nike id pairs. I'm still not sure on the difference between fire red and varsity red.

The varsity red seems darker but will want to see a comparison side by side.

maybe im the only one that sees id'ing look-a-like supreme dunks as disgraceful. I think its lame to settle for an ID of a shoe instead of finding and paying for the one you really want.
if you wanna make some red ones, whatever, never cared for that shoe because it was a lazy design idea and the leather on em was sub-par also (pretty glad i passed on em at retail tbh)
but please leave the og lows sacred. plus, i bet anyone that id's them will wear them and only feel half-satisfied b/c they settled for these over the actual supreme pair.
And there regular dunks, that should be enough of a deterrent in and of itself
This culture has become the Pokemon craze all over again. People feel like their **** don't stink as long as they land that holographic Charizard. :lol:

The fact that folks actually get worked up over the aftermarket value or lack thereof of their shoes and hop on their perch as if owning a certain pair somehow means they've earned some unofficial sneakerhead gold star is the biggest reason I stay away from sneakercons and all that other stuff. Do people actually realize that life exists outside of $10 pieces of thread, rubber, and leather? It's almost as if dudes have a complete inability to separate a hobby from other aspects of their life.

No shots intended towards the two quoted individuals, just quoted to make a general point.

I'll be happy once this craze dies and it goes back to being a small niche. Can't wait to buy out someone's collection for flea market prices. :lol:

Last edited:
The varsity red is darker than the Supreme's fire red leather, the regular dunk tongue is not stuffed, and the shoes come with flat laces... but it's still better than paying $450  for a pair of supreme dunks... You can make the tongue material suede or elephant print, and the ankle height high or low, so that's a plus.

Just an fyi

The candian store exclucity will start carrying nike sb in October

They usually charge over box price i think and shipping to the us is like 30$ which kinda sucks

Found someone willing to sell the MIA Dunks right now for $160 shipped...what to do.
I would wait man that resell price will drop, unless its the whole package for that price then I would jump. I really think it will be like the SPOT dunks in which people couldnt really resell them for a high flip.

wow wtf I don't think anybody knew that REPPED mindbenda. I'm so temtped to pick them up but I'm gonna have to pass

Last edited:
I don't think so either, I was able to cop the size 13, I just happened to stumble upon it a few minutes ago! INSTACOP!!!

Back
Top Bottom