2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Im happy Johnn00 goes all out on posting shops that got em he helps people cop when they think theyve failed! copped my MIAs due to him n happy with the product
wink.gif
I did a lace swap with waxed white flat laces
Looks GREAT. Repped.

Anyone have any blue laces near the color of that toebox? 

was gonna comment how this guy @sneakdaripper on IG has like 8 pairs of WoFs for sale and is charging $470 each.. then i went to ebay and was shocked to see that that isnt even the highest price people are asking.. one pair is up for $799 BIN (turns out the seller of that pair is actually @sneakdaripper as well).. i can get 2-3 of some of my grails for that price!

I do not think it is necessarily  an ugly shoe, and I will most likely cop the QS/GR for box price because i like the color scheme.. love gold on a shoe and these will look dope with some khakis... but i just am perplexed as to how an SB that was released last week is already being sold for these prices, i'm honestly baffled. 

btw it took me like 6 edits to finally spell "necessarily"  correct SMH i ended up copying and pasting it from google lol which explains the different color

Last edited:
I think many have stated this before, but the "bubble" will burst at some point. 400-800$ is ridiculous but I'm sure someone will buy it unfortunately.

Seasons skate shop about 3 hrs from me taking phone orders on these.
518 729 2685. Just in today.
Damn, if I hadn't just bought the MIA's and FTC's I would have definitely picked those up. They aren't a QS right?

Last edited:
Im happy Johnn00 goes all out on posting shops that got em he helps people cop when they think theyve failed! copped my MIAs due to him n happy with the product
wink.gif
I did a lace swap with waxed white flat laces
a couple more pics before i did the lace swap. enjoy!! 
I can't decide if I like them best with the white, navy or orange laces. They all look really good, so thank you for the pictures. Has anyone tried to match laces to the "green" color on the back of the shoes? I think that could look pretty good, but I don't know how easy it would be to find laces in that color. 

Baseline Skate Shop in South Aftica has:

Civilist Dunks - $113.00 size UK7, UK9, UK10 - Damn no 12

MIA -  $113.00 Size UK 7-10

Tweet from earlier today lol

Whats SMU?

So, let's get this straight - the QS version is one that is going to have to pay the extra fees, but you are the ones who think it is justified to jack your prices up... to give others the privilege of advertising for you?

Good thing I'm not on the West Coast and never met this dude - the 90s version of me might re-emerge and catch a charge.

As far as I'm concerned shoes are worth what they say on the box...All prices afterwards are just what the resale market charges, just cause people pay rape prices doesn't make that their true value. It just means there were enough people with money who really wanted the shoe. In my eyes yeezys for example are worth 210 or whatever they cost retail and all the fools who ride kanyes nutsack will pay 2g's cause they're dumb doesn't make the shoe worth that

With all due respect, this is just ignorant. We live in a market-based economy. Would you claim the Amazing Spiderman #1 is worth 12 cents because that's the price that was stated on the item? Or, some crazy collectible stamp is only worth a nickel or whatever because that's what postage was at the time?

And, what about when an item can't sell at its originally set price? Do you still say that item is worth it's MSRP (the "s" stands for "suggested" BTW) when it is being sold at 50% off all over?

A company producing an item does research to determine a price point and that price is an estimation of what they predict to be the item's value. That's the beginning of the process of determining the value of that item, not the end.

Last edited:
Ok guys, I tried to help : (

I don't think Chunxdunx is really as out of line as a lot of you do. There's a bit of a mob mentality happening here, which ironically is sort of something he's getting at in his point. I understand the inclination to defend one another, but let's keep everything on front street.

I know this thread is comparatively "pure" but for everybody to claim that they don't at all care about the value of a shoe is most likely just simply untruthful. Most here will not go out an buy any hyped up shoe they find ugly (especially something from the past that is already at its height of price), but all things being equal, I think we like when our assets appreciate as opposed to depreciate. We shouldn't pretend value or worth is something nobody ever thinks about... and it doesn't make you a beast or a vulture if you do.

Chunx's advice is simply to really make sure you like something on its core merits. If you like this shoe, go for it. If part of the reason you are buying it is because you think it will be sought after in the future, rethink that because his guess (and mine) is that it probably won't be. That's all.

As far as the fake accounts, I doubt he was implicating John directly. We all know Thought is at Work! I'm sure though there are many businesses and corporate reps from brands with shill accounts on forums - why wouldn't there be. If I had a store and needed to drum up excitement and business, these are among the first places I'd come. Chunx is just reminding people to maintain a sense of healthy skepticism. No need to blow this all out of proportion.

Aight Chunx, now that I got you - can I get those pistachios at my price? :tongue:

well im not talking about every item in America I'm talking about sneakers in relation to me and my intentions for purchasing them. I don't buy sneakers for a profit, I buy them to wear them therefore even if their value goes up 500% it is irrelevant to me. I understand the market of collectibles but again I don't look at a sneaker as a collectible. Obviously it is a suggested retail price and the retailer can sell it for whatever they please, but I am only stating this as it relates to sneakers so I'm not saying you're amazing spiderman collection isn't worth anything calm down. 

To simply put it I'm just saying if I miss a release I will not pay an inflated price to get them. I don't know how that's ignorant, but whatever you say champ

Last edited:
Baseline Skate Shop in South Aftica has:

Civilist Dunks - $113.00 size UK7, UK9, UK10 - Damn no 12

MIA -  $113.00 Size UK 7-10
thats where i copped mine... they don't ship to the USA, the guy who owns the store was telling me they were getting blown up by US people as soon as they dropped, but they don't ship over here

and i copped that US 12, lol sorry man they only had one US 12

Last edited:
I didn't try to purchase so I wasn't aware of them not shipping here. Sorry for the false hope.

Nice pickup on that 12. Enjoy them man.

As far as I'm concerned shoes are worth what they say on the box...All prices afterwards are just what the resale market charges, just cause people pay rape prices doesn't make that their true value. It just means there were enough people with money who really wanted the shoe. In my eyes yeezys for example are worth 210 or whatever they cost retail and all the fools who ride kanyes nutsack will pay 2g's cause they're dumb doesn't make the shoe worth that

With all due respect, this is just ignorant. We live in a market-based economy. Would you claim the Amazing Spiderman #1 is worth 12 cents because that's the price that was stated on the item? Or, some crazy collectible stamp is only worth a nickel or whatever because that's what postage was at the time?

And, what about when an item can't sell at its originally set price? Do you still say that item is worth it's MSRP (the "s" stands for "suggested" BTW) when it is being sold at 50% off all over?

A company producing an item does research to determine a price point and that price is an estimation of what they predict to be the item's value. That's the beginning of the process of determining the value of that item, not the end.

I 100% disagree with you. You cant compare a pair of retro sneakers to a comic book. theres definitely a gray area of what a shoe is worth and when it is deemed worth more than retail, but If nike suggests 100 dollars for a shoe at a given time, I also consider anything higher than that resellers market price if the MSRP of the shoe has not gone up.

Last edited:
I just called Asylum Skate Shop. They don't have my size, but they still have an 8.5 and a 12. (760) 722-7675.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom