2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

All depends on what you want to spend.  It's going to be hard to find those SB's online at this point, but I know that ridefourever.com has a few of those, but you have to call them to order.

Last edited:
where is there an store where i can buy stuff like the SPoT's Walk of Fame qs, miamis, ect online? whenever i was able to find em they were always in store only, anywhere i can actually get them online?

flightclub.com
rif.la
projectblitz.com
holygrailgoods.com

all 100% legit sites

Nike SB has done shoes for far well more niche themes than artists like Jimi, Willie, Snoop, or other extremely famous stoners. The concept doesn't have to relate all that blatantly to 420, per se, because if they release on 420 and the inspiration is a famous stoner, then that's all the connection that's needed. I'm not saying they should continue the line or do any of the ideas posted, but the idea that they aren't mainstream or signature enough (after OP suggested Wiz freaking Khalifa, like anybody knows who THAT is compared to the Greatful freaking Dead!!) isn't credible, IMO. Besides, the whole idea of a 420 release is that this is a niche, almost inside joke anyway.
I agree with you BIP, 420 is suppose to be a "joke" indeed. 

I HAVE DA SINKING FEELING THAT YOU ARE A PERSON WHO ACTUALLY WEARS THEIR SHOES

AND NOT ON THAT SOLE SAVE FORCE FIELD REPEL WELL BLAH BLAH BLAH TYPE PERSON

:lol: I def wear my shoes; my biggest regret is selling most of them after college when I only had time to wear them on the weekends

I had a nice 50+ SB's from Dunks to Team Editions

Biggest problem with the hemps was water and how they lost shape so quickly and I'm not talking about creasing; I'm mean like sinking :lol:

Last edited:
LOL SINKING?

MY BIGGEST REGRET OF ALL DA SBS I SOLD WOULD EITHER BE MY JEDIS OR VAMPS.

VAMPS I CAN PROB COP AGAIN

BUT W JEDIS I CANT EVEN TELL FAKE OR REAL NO MO

LOL SINKING?

MY BIGGEST REGRET OF ALL DA SBS I SOLD WOULD EITHER BE MY JEDIS OR VAMPS.

VAMPS I CAN PROB COP AGAIN

BUT W JEDIS I CANT EVEN TELL FAKE OR REAL NO MO

Yeah the hemp just like collapses :lol:

I regret selling the True Red lows and Supa's more than anything

Jedi's I had but didn't wear them often but you're right now there are just way too many fakes

These were my fav highs and so underrated (not my pic)

Just to touch on this 420 thing again, the challenge and formula is to find a set of colors or symbols that are symbolic and largely unique to the inspiration, but are also generic enough to not require any kind of licensing. The Grateful Dead logo is iconic, but I doubt you could use the colors and lightning bolt, and if you just use the colors, you wind up with a red, white, and blue shoe, which is not at all distinctive.

You could do some combination of a purple shoe with an American Flag style design and combine two fairly mundane elements, but when used together they would equal Jimi.

How about an EZ Wider dunk? That's a fairly distinct color palette. Actually, JB should just claim that all their retros have been EZ Wider inspired since like 2004, and that's their explanation for all the exposed glue...

You could also keep the shoe itself fairly tame and not all that distinctive, but could do interesting things to the packaging, though that's less likely because it's probably a larger cost to Nike.

Just to touch on this 420 thing again, the challenge and formula is to find a set of colors or symbols that are symbolic and largely unique to the inspiration, but are also generic enough to not require any kind of licensing. The Grateful Dead logo is iconic, but I doubt you could use the colors and lightning bolt, and if you just use the colors, you wind up with a red, white, and blue shoe, which is not at all distinctive.

You could do some combination of a purple shoe with an American Flag style design and combine two fairly mundane elements, but when used together they would equal Jimi.

How about an EZ Wider dunk? That's a fairly distinct color palette. Actually, JB should just claim that all their retros have been EZ Wider inspired since like 2004, and that's their explanation for all the exposed glue...

You could also keep the shoe itself fairly tame and not all that distinctive, but could do interesting things to the packaging, though that's less likely because it's probably a larger cost to Nike.
I have some ideas about the Willie Nelson, throw in the red from his bandanna, the colors from his guitar strap, and perhaps some of that brown from his guitar itself, and I think that would produce a nice SB design with the right designer.  As for Jimi, the purple is a must, but perhaps with a haze type design or for some reason I always picture him burning his guitar, so maybe incorporate some fire.

NICE BRO. THEYRE A NICE CW, THE GHOSTS.

I PASSED BC THEY WERE CALLED NY JETS CW IN NJ.

GMEN FAN HERE LOL

Repped on the strength of Big Blue!

Also, I just noticed, and actually LOL'd at, your sig.

Ghosts are a really nice shoe - some shoes are nicer in pics and disappoint in person. Ghosts are the other way around, IMO. Better when you hold them in hand.

ghosts are one of the few SBs i have left.

the material on the hemps are similar to the weave on the aloha dunks. the prototype aloha dunks had the woven material on the toebox but nike rejected them citing durability issues so the ones released have the suede toeboxes.

I have some ideas about the Willie Nelson, throw in the red from his bandanna, the colors from his guitar strap, and perhaps some of that brown from his guitar itself, and I think that would produce a nice SB design with the right designer.  As for Jimi, the purple is a must, but perhaps with a haze type design or for some reason I always picture him burning his guitar, so maybe incorporate some fire.
I think this concept does work well for jimi dunks but maybe with inverted colors and a nicer purple.

as for willie nelson i think a striped red white and blue sole might be cool.

Nike SB has done shoes for far well more niche themes than artists like Jimi, Willie, Snoop, or other extremely famous stoners. The concept doesn't have to relate all that blatantly to 420, per se, because if they release on 420 and the inspiration is a famous stoner, then that's all the connection that's needed. I'm not saying they should continue the line or do any of the ideas posted, but the idea that they aren't mainstream or signature enough (after OP suggested Wiz freaking Khalifa, like anybody knows who THAT is compared to the Greatful freaking Dead!!) isn't credible, IMO. Besides, the whole idea of a 420 release is that this is a niche, almost inside joke anyway.

As far as the artist being mainstream, I think Nike long ago they decided they really didn't care much about that. I mean look at what musician inspired shoes they've put out... The Melvins, MF Doom, Glassjaw, Deftones are the ones I can think off of the top of my head. Deftones are the most mainstream but not by a stretch. I don't think a Wiz Kalifia shoe would be any less mainstream then a Melvins shoe.
Speaking of not mainstream, I'd love to get my hands on a pair of size 13 St. Pauli's. Those are MY grail all day.

The country is changing towards cannabis would be awesome if Nike brought back that theme. Everytime I see a pair of Skunks I :smh:

Got my pair of Premiers today from Theory, gonna keep the 3M laces on them, happy with my purchase. The new box is weak, flimsy and I rather the gloss finish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom