2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Repped as was able to grab a pair. What was weird is the fact that I called them earlier and was told they were sold out...only reason I didnt post them up earlier. 

I think they just say as they please.
Had my wife call and they told her the same. Bummer

i agree, this is a very dope colorway, but with all the hyped releases coming up these have "sale" written all over them...i'd wait.

Last edited:
I was comparing some if the SB lows. Seems the tongue lost some wait in 2014. The white ice tongue and brick house were a lot slimmer than last years :smh: Nike strikes again .

Also finally saw those safari atomic reds in person. Wow those laces pop.

Last edited:
I didn't want these up until this morning looking at some detailed pictures. Almost copped an 11.5 from NDC, but decided to let it go. First time I've EVER gotten something into cart on release.

Congrats to those who copped. I tried putting in some work this morning (while at work lol)  with some info from Instagram but this thread was moving way too fast and someone beat me to the punch.

I really want the BHM+Tiff+ I still need to scoop the gamma orange/gray wool/brick house/and blue spruce GRs. Oh and Premiers. So I'd rather save the $100 now and get 2 gr's ill rock more.

Anyone think the BHM will be this bad to get? I really like the sole on them.

Well I heard that some locals here in LA have been getting hosed on QS. Not sure if nike is limiting distribution or their rep is screwing over the shops. I know transport will only have about 9 pairs biggest size 11.

Anybody know if Brooklyn projects is gonna be taking phone orders after they're done with their in store release? I didn't see any mention of it on their twitter.

Hey guys had a question on a price check. How much would a pair of PADS PuffNStuff SBs be worth? OG All size 11. Thanks in advance

Question #1) I could see the IRS going after people that leave a big enough trail and move enough shoes to make it worth while, I don't see them spending thousands of dollars to go after the guy selling 2 or 3 pairs per release, but guys that get 3-5 full size runs of everything and flip it, they probably better watch out.

Question #2) Back when the Bordeaux 7s were about to come out I was in Lafayette, LA visiting with my GF's family for the weekend, I swung by Politics to see what the deal was with their release and Derek told me that due to troubles with the Cool Grey release the previous December they'd stopped doing FCFS lineups outside of the door and had switched to precooking pairs and he was all sold out. He knew that I was a regular customer when in town, but that I'm used to things in New Orleans, so he got on the phone and made a few calls and told me to come back at 11am the next day. When I did he'd managed to get me a pair from someone at retail price. There was no need for him to go out of his way for that, but it went a long way in ensuring I'll swing through and buy something whenever I'm in town. This was also what sealed the deal and made me all together stop buying from a local shop that's right by my house. Where the guy running the shop just got visions of dollar bills in his eyes for every Jordan release and always charged over box price PLUS required you to bundle the purchase with crap no one wanted.

Question #3) this is a tough one as I've formulated the idea in my head, but I'm not sure how I'd actually like to see it executed

part 1) It'd be a set of dunks high celebrating New Orleanian African American musicians specifically Ernie K-Doe and Professor Longhair, although given the parameters of the exercise I could probably do a 5 dunk pack and try to capture the spirit of some of the greats that called this city home and have passed on.

part 2) NOLA FUNK would be the nickname for the pack

part 3) I'd go with almost all black leather pairs except for the tongue, and the ankle collar where I'd get crazy with fabrics trying to capture the essence of the person, for instance K-Doe would get polyester blend suit fabric on the tongue to match the stuff he wore well past the point when that was fashionable. There'd be a Pair with a mostly White/Black/and some brass/gold accents in to commemorate Uncle Lionel Batiste who was the long time bass drummer for the Treme Brass Band.

part 4) I live in New Orleans and while not super heavy into the local jazz/funk scene, I do respect all the work a lot of the older guys have put in, they're well respected by musicians, even if they're working class guys that never really get the big break they deserve, this pack would try to honor that.

part 5) It'd be as wide a release as possible, and I'd try to get a NikeSB video produced that featured music by the guys honored to go along with it.

Last edited:
stopped by a local shop on the way home... they still have a civilist dunk sz 9.5 on display. didn't ask about other sizes. 

I can help out if someone needs. I believe they're selling for either box price or box price + $10-15

Anybody know if Brooklyn projects is gonna be taking phone orders after they're done with their in store release? I didn't see any mention of it on their twitter.
better off buying off a reseller. doubt they're charging a fair price... but if they are, I'll be surprised.

WTF Just got a Vertical Urge email saying my YOTH Dunks were oversold, that I had an order con firm # for:

Thanks for shopping our site today during the Chinese New Year Dunk release. Unfortunately, due to an overwhelming influx of traffic we oversold a few pairs during the launch, and your pair was one of those pairs. Subsequently, we have canceled your order and your card will not be charged of course.

We always hate it when we have an inventory discrepancy, but when it involves quickstrike or launch product it is even worse. To try and make up for it we are offering a coupon good for 20% off any item on our site, valid through Friday, February 7th. While we know this won't make up for the inventory error, we wanted to make sure you knew that your support and patronage is very important to us. Your coupon code is XXXX, which should be entered during the checkout process. There are no exemptions, so everything on the site is open for the discount. It's a one time use code, so don't share it.

Thanks,

Todd Canipe

Owner/Operator, Vertical Urge

WTF Just got a Vertical Urge email saying my YOTH Dunks were oversold, that I had an order con firm # for:

Thanks for shopping our site today during the Chinese New Year Dunk release. Unfortunately, due to an overwhelming influx of traffic we oversold a few pairs during the launch, and your pair was one of those pairs. Subsequently, we have canceled your order and your card will not be charged of course.

We always hate it when we have an inventory discrepancy, but when it involves quickstrike or launch product it is even worse. To try and make up for it we are offering a coupon good for 20% off any item on our site, valid through Friday, February 7th. While we know this won't make up for the inventory error, we wanted to make sure you knew that your support and patronage is very important to us. Your coupon code is XXXX, which should be entered during the checkout process. There are no exemptions, so everything on the site is open for the discount. It's a one time use code, so don't share it.

Thanks,

Todd Canipe
Owner/Operator, Vertical Urge
at least u get a discount code

Could've been worse, could've gotten cancelled and got nothing. Sucks but it is what it is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom