2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

SB Collection is a little small right now. Used to have the first bhm, birches, and wool grays. Also have a pair of midnight fog blazers from 05
Also just copped a pair of almost ds jihrod boots for $30 on ebay for the winter haha

Last edited:
What/who are you referring to?  Haven't seen a busted used pair posted here (Other than that 3 shoe deal with the iron lows, maybe?)

Yea that was one of the auctions I was referring to. I know you mostly post DS but some guys just post used kicks to set folks up lol.

Most of my kicks can pass as DS after multiple wears so I can only imagine how much wear and tear a shoe has seen that actually looks worn down

I'm on the hunt for raging bulls and Kenny Powers and have seen some worn pairs for the low but I cant get jiggy with other peoples scraps.

The worst is when you see some super exclusive pink box SB that should have been thrown away due to wear but the seller is asking for $150.

An exception can be made if I buying a used shoe from a friend, only 'cause I know how they live.

I don't see how some of yall can buy these busted *** used dunks via ebay... sole drag and creases
sick.gif
Yea, I'm not about that "copping worn kicks" life. I need em fresh & clean

No half-steppin either

Yea heel drag , star lost, stains and creases all give me the general idea of the condition a shoe is in if it's not DS. And sometimes dudes take sloppy pics of a NDS shoe which can actually make em look more worn than said. By sloppy I mean ugly lacejobs lol

Last edited:
Yea that was one of the auctions I was referring to. I know you mostly post DS but some guys just post used kicks to set folks up lol.

Most of my kicks can pass as DS after multiple wears so I can only imagine how much wear and tear a shoe has seen that actually looks worn down

I'm on the hunt for raging bulls and Kenny Powers and have seen some worn pairs for the low but I cant get jiggy with other peoples scraps.

The worst is when you see some super exclusive pink box SB that should have been thrown away due to wear but the seller is asking for $150.

An exception can be made if I buying a used shoe from a friend, only 'cause I know how they live.
Yea I feel the same way.  Although I will admit I have thought about buying a beat pair with the intentions of cleaning them, but still have yet to do that.  There was a pair of Pee Wees awhile back that were beat and went for cheap but I don't have enough confidence in my suede cleaning skills yet.  It's DS or VNDS only for me. That 3 pair auction was my size but they were just a little too beat for me.

And I also agree with your thoughts on kicks showing wear and tear.  Most of mine also look fine after significant wear, so seeing something with major heel drag or multiple marks on the upper is a red flag for me that it has been worn quite a bit more than 'only a few times'.

I've bought one pair of shoes not DS and that was my SOMPs. They were worn for 2 hours. Dude said they felt tight around toebox for him so he let em go.

Yea heel drag , star lost, stains and creases all give me the general idea of the condition a shoe is in if it's not DS. And sometimes dudes take sloppy pics of a NDS shoe which can actually make em look more worn than said. By sloppy I mean ugly lacejobs lol

I like when people have some heat on eBay but they're like 3/10 and they still attempt to sell them

Last edited:
Yea I feel the same way.  Although I will admit I have thought about buying a beat pair with the intentions of cleaning them, but still have yet to do that.  There was a pair of Pee Wees awhile back that were beat and went for cheap but I don't have enough confidence in my suede cleaning skills yet.  It's DS or VNDS only for me. That 3 pair auction was my size but they were just a little too beat for me.

And I also agree with your thoughts on kicks showing wear and tear.  Most of mine also look fine after significant wear, so seeing something with major heel drag or multiple marks on the upper is a red flag for me that it has been worn quite a bit more than 'only a few times'.

I got my old spices for $50 shipped. No heel drag and a couple small creases. No box or laces though. I felt iffy buying used shoes but I didn't wanna pay 300 for a DS pair haha

Most people aren't as meticulous when they wear their shoes as I'm sure most people in this thread are. A lot of them don't care about creases or scuffs so a lightly worn pair could look more beat than it actually is just do to the owner not watching their every step. 

Last edited:
Most people aren't as meticulous when they wear their shoes as I'm sure most people in this thread are. A lot of them don't care about creases or scuffs so a lightly worn pair could look more beat than it actually is just do to the owner not watching their every step. 

Idk how people can be so careless. I walk extra careful haha. I make sure to keep a pair of beaters in my trunk too

Idk how people can be so careless. I walk extra careful haha. I make sure to keep a pair of beaters in my trunk too

You guys do remember that this is the Nike Skateboarding thread, right?

lol

Last edited:

good point here. I do tend to watch my steps more than the typical person out in public. It's mostly that way for me with certain pairs though like suede or nubuck I keep an eye on those a lot but my leather pairs I tend to not be too OCD about. (Might sound like a hypebeast here) Also depends on what shoe it is like. If I'm wearing a premium model SB as opposed to a GR I'm watching for puddles, heel kickers, toe steppers, food droppers, Rain clouds and the whole 9 lol

Considering I just got the low calis, the high just looks terrible, the shape, material, everything looks sub par.

You guys are saying dudes don't take care of their SBs...a lot of people actually skate them (I'm not one of them)...but to think that only "sneakerheads" rock SBs is narrow minded and asinine.

My brother skates, and shoes get wrecked fast.

Were talking about buying used sneaks off eBay. Try looking back a couple posts. And obviously griptape and normal wear is gonna merk them but that doesnt make it okay for people to tell them for $100 just cause they're heat. Still beat shoes either way

Last edited:
good point here. I do tend to watch my steps more than the typical person out in public. It's mostly that way for me with certain pairs though like suede or nubuck I keep an eye on those a lot but my leather pairs I tend to not be too OCD about. (Might sound like a hypebeast here) Also depends on what shoe it is like. If I'm wearing a premium model SB as opposed to a GR I'm watching for puddles, heel kickers, toe steppers, food droppers, Rain clouds and the whole 9 lol

Or when you have those friends that know nothing about shoes and carlessley step on your **** haha

Back
Top Bottom