2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Yeah, there's a WORLD of difference between less padding like the Orange Label era, and what these IW's are. Ishods are basically a Deconstruct, but with a Lycra liner. No-go for me, which is a shame because I love a lot of the colorways.

Peace,
J

salon care 40 is great. In my experience oxy clean isn't even necessary, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to use.
Works great with whitening midsoles as well
Ok, I gotta ask...and I've looked up videos and followed instructions (used seran wrap, didn't leave it out more than 30 mins at a time)...for those that have used salon care 40, like me, how have you avoided the issue of the "sauce" getting crusty in the sun, and then virtually never washing out? I tried to ice some soles once and the stuff got inbetween the ridges and I had to painstakingly go inbetween the grooves to get rid of it, and even when I thought I did, the white stuff would magically reappear. Got so frustrated, I never tried to clear up soles again. lol

that **** looks awkward 
mean.gif

I don't really mess with the lows but that tongue does look awkward.  Guess were not used to seeing looking all thin like that.

everybody complaining about unstuffed tongue's. thats what ishod wanted, he designed the shoe this way because he wanted to skate dunks, which he said no one does anymore because they are too bulky. i mean look at the shoes kids skate these days. super thin , light and flexible. this is a skate shoe. im to old and out of shape to skate (good) anymore but if i could i would skate this shoe over regular dunks any day. 

everybody complaining about unstuffed tongue's. thats what ishod wanted, he designed the shoe this way because he wanted to skate dunks, which he said no one does anymore because they are too bulky. i mean look at the shoes kids skate these days. super thin , light and flexible. this is a skate shoe. im to old and out of shape to skate (good) anymore but if i could i would skate this shoe over regular dunks any day. 
airwalk ones or die. 

I don't mind the thin tongues. Then again I rock vans too. As long as it doesn't try to slide to one side. I hate that.

Swell is having a 30% off regularly priced items sale until 6pm CST, phone orders accepted: 601-981-3547

They've got Cherry Blossoms, Sasquatch lows, both UnHeardOf pairs, maybe other recent stuff too.

Last edited:
Ok, I gotta ask...and I've looked up videos and followed instructions (used seran wrap, didn't leave it out more than 30 mins at a time)...for those that have used salon care 40, like me, how have you avoided the issue of the "sauce" getting crusty in the sun, and then virtually never washing out? I tried to ice some soles once and the stuff got inbetween the ridges and I had to painstakingly go inbetween the grooves to get rid of it, and even when I thought I did, the white stuff would magically reappear. Got so frustrated, I never tried to clear up soles again. lol
The 'sauce' shouldn't get crusty though, or at least it hasn't during my experience. Make sure the plastic wrap is on good, and you should be fine. If it's getting crusty, maybe try exposing the shoes to the sun for less time, even if it means doing the application more times.

I don't buy the whole 'bulky' shoe argument. I mean, cats skated osiris d3s at one point :lol:
I actually preferred the extra padding because of the protection it offered, and I'm pretty sure they fattened up the tongue FOR skating at first. but it all comes down to preference at the end of the day, and nowadays I guess the trend is thinner shoes all around. This is coming from someone who didn't like skating vulcs that much and liked skating in mids though, so I guess I don't represent your 'typical' skater

I always preferred the padded tongue for casual AND skating
pretty much

The 'sauce' shouldn't get crusty though, or at least it hasn't during my experience. Make sure the plastic wrap is on good, and you should be fine. If it's getting crusty, maybe try exposing the shoes to the sun for less time, even if it means doing the application more times.
I don't buy the whole 'bulky' shoe argument. I mean, cats skated osiris d3s at one point
laugh.gif

I actually preferred the extra padding because of the protection it offered, and I'm pretty sure they fattened up the tongue FOR skating at first. but it all comes down to preference at the end of the day, and nowadays I guess the trend is thinner shoes all around. This is coming from someone who didn't like skating vulcs that much and liked skating in mids though, so I guess I don't represent your 'typical' skater
pretty much
I don't buy the whole 'bulky' shoe argument. I mean, cats skated osiris d3s at one point 
laugh.gif

im just saying what i heard. i agree, i skated es,etnies.orsirus,circa etc. bulky was the style 15 years ago. so was skating 7.25. now people wearing slim shoes and 8.0 boards lol.  

Got so frustrated, I never tried to clear up soles again. lol
I never see this mentioned but I take an old tooth brush and a super tiny drop of toothpaste to scrub out soles and white mid soles. Rinse it off with water and dry with a cloth. This works to clean the dirt, but I haven't tried on a yellowing sole

Back
Top Bottom