2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Exactly. Same can be said for the AJ1. Their resurgence seems largely driven by their remaster in 2015.
yeah definitely. Not to deviate too much from the SB line but unfortunately, when the remastered 1's started in 2015, retail was $160. Retail on Jordan 1 highs up til like 2013 was $110; it went to $140 with releases like 2013 bred/royal/shadow, then $160 with the remastered stuff.

Fogs today
4B8D01AE-FBA5-41CC-A901-71A814BBAD93.jpeg

The details are unreal and so well executed.

When I first saw the Freddies I didn't even know they had never been released. I was just getting into dunks and I was browsing pics sometime in 08 and I saw them and instantly knew I wanted them. After looking around I saw the whole story about the C&D (which IIRC it was the studio that did it) and was so bummed about it. Even if these had been a massive GR they still would have been my favorite dunk of all time. I have never doubled up on a shoe but I would have tripled on those.

@downyboy post is pretty good. @volksnuts There was a lot of fallout from the Freddy SB scrapping. When the pictures of the Freddy’s dropped pretty much EVERYONE loved them. It was supposed to be part of the Halloween pack that included the Jason High and the Day of the Dead Trainer. New Line Cinema got wind of the Freddy SB and hit SB with that strong C&D. From what I remember, there was only one authentic release pair that could be proven to have been purchased from a legit Nike retailer and that pair came from a Nike Las Vegas Outlet. There were rumors that a store in Mexico had released them as well BUT that was never proven to be true and there was a lot of people saying that that store never released them and sent them back to Nike SB ASAP. The Halloween pack was picked apart as well, the Jason Highs were changed to keep another C&D from coming and that’s why they look different from the sample pair that was set to release. The Day of the Dead Trainer was trash from the jump so nothing needed to be done there, lol. So with the Freddie’s scrapped Nike SB released the revamped Jason’s, the DOTD Trainers and they put out another run of MF Dooms. That’s why Dooms come in Purple Boxes and Gold Boxes. The one from the Gold Box era was released to make up for Freddy’s getting canned.

The different versions you see of the Freddy SB come from the different sample pictures that were leaked of the shoe early. From what I remember there were like 3-4 sample versions that were floating around. The only LEGIT store that I EVER SAW that had an authentic sample pair versions of Freddy’s was RIF LA. The sample versions ranged from no blood on them, to speckled blood, to weird looking blood droplets and then what was the final version that you all see. It was said that employees took all the pairs out back, drenched them in oil and burned them but I honestly don’t know that to be fact either. It’s all rumors to how they were disposed of in mass.

(Pictures of the sample versions)
0F944560-E9B8-427E-8A2B-1487C243CB19.jpeg

8CFC0DAF-65D5-4DDB-BD52-FC5B6D7817E1.jpeg

What I don’t get is what copyright infringement was Nike violating? There was no New Line Cinema or Nightmare on Elm Street branding was there? Do they hold the rights to the stripe pattern and the colors?
Maybe Nike just didn’t see these as important and didn’t want to put up a fight.

What I don’t get is what copyright infringement was Nike violating? There was no New Line Cinema or Nightmare on Elm Street branding was there? Do they hold the rights to the stripe pattern and the colors?
Maybe Nike just didn’t see these as important and didn’t want to put up a fight.

From what I believe they have that color combo and pattern copyrighted or pattened. Maybe even the rotton whole skin pattern on inside.

Stadium Goods is having a 20% off sitewide sale.
Obviously, everything is still mad expensive but I did see that they had a pair of the black lance mountains size 11 for $270
https://www.stadiumgoods.com/jordan-1-sb-qs

They also have the concord SBs in smaller sizes for $119 and I'm tempted to cop a pair since its been on my list of cops for a bit but its more at the bottom of my list.

Back
Top Bottom