2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

See a simple colorway like this should be a standard always available colorway. Just like coke whites and triple blacks for AF1s.

My first pair of Dunks was an all white pair of highs from Journeys I liked them tons better than forces kids used to make fun of me because I had Dunks and they'd ask how come I didnt get forces :rofl:

Gotta give even more props to you verse001 verse001 for your most recent video!!! I couldn’t have said it better myself. “Wear whatever pants you want!” I’m 33, and the way I’m wearing my pants now is what it’s gonna be. And if I decide to change, I’m a grown az man that’ll make my own decision.

I watch some of Richie’s stuff, mainly because he’s local, but he is pretty damn hypebeasty. His SB video is especially hypebeasty and cringy. Factoring in “hype” to determine whether one should rock a pair? The notion of telling people what to wear? Speaking as if there is such thing as a “right way” to wear pants or a “right” type of pants. Didn’t know about the Panda Pigeons in the ISO box that they “sent” him? Calling the Plum High SBs the originals, when the originals were non-SB Dunks from the co.jp line? Ugh. Yeah, that sht was CORE-KNEE.

“just shows how bad people want to be down”

this^^

thats what it feels like to me. It just feels like a bunch of kids that were wearing Jordan 1s and yeezys last year are wearing SB’s this year. Like another dude said in here, I forget what page it was on, but he said that the SB, all of a sudden, kind of has this yeezy, jordan 1 hype aura that doesnt sit with me. And when I’m in the city I see the same kids everyday and what they wear. Like I’m over here wearing Reebok classic suedes. I stay far away from that

sheep lol

early 2000’s everyone wore what they wanted to wear

Jordan heads thought sb heads were weird

and sb heads were like F Jordan brand lol

I touched on this numerous pages back but back then was just a simpler time in regards to shoes and street wear in general

supreme had no lines and box logos would just sit there and no one would buy it really

hell back then most people went to supreme because they had an sb account to cop shoes only lol

Harold hunter(RIP) would be casually sitting on the bench with his pug in store lol and people wouldn’t realize hey that’s the dude from KIDS or New York undercover(1 ep)and he had a show I believe skate maps for a little bit

and we all legit wore different stuff there wasn’t this blanket uniform people rocked

hell at the time people use to make fun of anyone who actually surfed the hypebeast website like you a clown lol

in New York it was legit supreme DQM nort/recon clientele strictly for shoe needs with the occasional trip to training camp

clothing wise LRG was poppin off and was hard to find online then Karmaloop had the account and made it a million times easier to cop it(prior to dead serious hoody Kanye blew up)

“retro kids” in soho looking like they walked out of a fresh prince episode or a Kross colors advertisement lol

the most hyped shoe was union 180’s lol

which to me are still hard

Everyone just did their own thing and as I said pages back all these people legit went on to big positions in the industry

IMG_20200304_163840_852.jpg

sheep lol

I touched on this numerous pages back but back then was just a simpler time in regards to shoes and street wear in general

supreme had no lines and box logos would just sit there and no one would buy it really

hell back then most people went to supreme because they had an sb account to cop shoes only lol

Harold hunter(RIP) would be casually sitting on the bench with his pug in store lol and people wouldn’t realize hey that’s the dude from KIDS or New York undercover(1 ep)and he had a show I believe skate maps for a little bit

and we all legit wore different stuff there wasn’t this blanket uniform people rocked

hell at the time people use to make fun of anyone who actually surfed the hypebeast website like you a clown lol

in New York it was legit supreme DQM nort/recon clientele strictly for shoe needs with the occasional trip to training camp

clothing wise LRG was poppin off and was hard to find online then Karmaloop had the account and made it a million times easier to cop it(prior to dead serious hoody Kanye blew up)

“retro kids” in soho looking like they walked out of a fresh prince episode or a Kross colors advertisement lol

Everyone just did their own thing and as I said pages back all these people legit went on to big positions in the industry
Nice post man. I agree. I remember the punk rock kids were the only ones who wore supreme....but it was limited to the panel bicycle hats. They wore the vans too. Now everyone has vans. Its crazy.

sheep lol

had to get bootleg LRG jeans from my uncles friend who had a limo hustle. lmao

sheep lol

This quote should be etched in stone and mounted outside hyped boutiques..lol Not to mention how so many styles were blended I remember wearing polo jeans and ecko jeans with whatever shirts I found at YRB, supreme,metro etc with either SB’s,DC’s,or air maxes what a time to be alive

I’ve been wearing sb dunks longer than that

but that’s because I’m old lol

honestly the only difference now as opposed to back then is that the sb world and resell market has gotten on steroids

wasn’t as crazy back in the day like yea stuff would sell out and 99% of the time you HAD to cop In store due to very limited options online for sb dunks outside of eBay and a resell market did exist even back then

but on the real people mostly copped because they loved sb dunks

now people mostly cop because they love money to be made on a potential flip

Now those actually buying for resell make me laugh like the utter trash we left on sale racks to rot back in the day are coveted now lol people paying 500-1K on some junk shoe even die hard sb dunks heads passed on is kinda wild to me

just shows how bad people wanna be down when something is trendy

but for those who were just too young or not even born yet and just love the shoes now I’m not mad at them I mean we all gotta start somewhere right?

Aint that the truth. A Lot has changed. heck I remember when the chromeball low release was like meh, just another colorway. but yes, ****s gotten out of hand.

Back
Top Bottom