2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

The skate/beater wall.

F9BDEF61-CD0A-4D37-A177-60668B87E250.jpeg
Love my air trainers, I'm still sad they didn't continue to make more after the polar collab

I’ve got one of those beater walls too.
02D3F3C2-3409-4797-A5E3-594A5B846241.jpeg

Nice! Need another pair of Ben-G. Looking for another pair of Polar Blazers too. Skated both pairs into the trash. I really start to miss the pairs I have skated once they’re toast. Luckily I grabbed another pair of white orange label lows before prices got insane. Should’ve tripled up initially though. Such a clean color way.

Even with the “dunk resurgence” I don’t feel inclined to rock any of my older sb’s. Held some for over a decade and just feel over it, I guess. (but not enough to let em go)

Funny thing is I just learned about this Dunk resurgence from my barber (fellow sneakerhead) and after combing through about 20 or so pages of this thread. Had NO clue...

Hadn't worn most of my SBs in almost a decade except for a select pair or two, every blue moon. My local spot where I acquired most of mine closed its doors years ago. And that's kinda when I stopped really checking for SBs. I didnt have the patience to be online trying to secure pairs and I started getting more into other models so they just sat basically and I totally fell out the SB loop.

About 5 weeks ago it dawned on me that I really needed to start letting them see some sun so they wouldn't fall apart on me like alot of my older runners and Air Trainers are. There are few that are still DS that really need to hit the pavement as well. So I started slowly pulling a few pairs out of storage and rocking them. And slowly but surely I'm starting to get those old vibes back again that made so attracted to them.

So I go see my barber and we're talking about sneakers as we normally do and I tell him that I'ma start pulling out the SBs and he tells me that the dunks are crazy hyped right now and that they're like Jordan releases now. I was just like 'yea whatever'....

But I can definitely see he wasn't too far off. Whatever the reason for this new popularity, its not of real concern for me. There are definitely certain pairs I wished I would have been up on that dropped somewhat recently like the Safari's, Dusty Peach, & Truck It's. I guess I would have tried my luck online but Iike I said before, sitting online hoping to grab a pair just isn't how I ideally like to spend my time. So I'm cool with my little collection, maintaining what I have and rocking them hopefully for years to come. I'll probably never have the opportunity to cop another SB that I really like and I'm perfectly fine with that. What's in the stash will have that much more significance to me I guess.

Does BSTN not allow raffle entries from U.S? I'm filling out my online raffle form and it doesn't have USA listed in countries.

Back
Top Bottom