2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

If you were around back then, seeing these come to life is awesome
20221209_154427__01.jpg

I would have taken another Dunk book tho

LONG LIVE SANDY

Geez, this thread is filled with too many newer people (2012+) who have no clue about history. Clearly this shoe isn't about the look. It's a collectors item and Nike's way of paying homage to both Sandy and OG collectors. If you were around back then, seeing these come to life is awesome, ESPECIALLY releasing like this. I haven't bought a pair of Dunks for myself since like '06ish or so and guess what, I'm about to pay resell for these because I'm here FOR THE STORY.

If Jordan Brand ever releases Chicago 1's with that modified black strap from back when Jordan messed up his ankle, we don't need anyone saying "These are ugly " DUH! They're a collectors item! Chicago 1.5's were hideous!!! They were more or less created for COLLECTORS!
You didn’t deny they were ugly tho so

I can't understand why somebody that liked dunks back in the orange, silver and pink box era would **** on these but I can understand why ppl that didn't care about dunk sbs back then don't care about ebays now.

The more ppl that hit that actually want them the better.

ebays are more about the story/history than the actual shoes. if i hasn’t been around for the past 20 years idk if i’d care

This…

I’m trying to pull a pair simply because of Sandy 🤷‍♂️…Without him being put in charge of the fledgling SB division then there’s a decent chance none of us are in a Dunk SB thread on NT right now…

Geez, this thread is filled with too many newer people (2012+) who have no clue about history. Clearly this shoe isn't about the look. It's a collectors item and Nike's way of paying homage to both Sandy and OG collectors. If you were around back then, seeing these come to life is awesome, ESPECIALLY releasing like this. I haven't bought a pair of Dunks for myself since like '06ish or so and guess what, I'm about to pay resell for these because I'm here FOR THE STORY.

If Jordan Brand ever releases Chicago 1's with that modified black strap from back when Jordan messed up his ankle, we don't need anyone saying "These are ugly " DUH! They're a collectors item! Chicago 1.5's were hideous!!! They were more or less created for COLLECTORS!

If there's one shoe that I can completely understand people keeping DS and keeping on display, it's this shoe.
But on the other hand, there are people who only buy shoes that they're going to wear, so of course they're not going to waste money for something they're never going to put on feet.

Story aside, these new eBays are an ugly sneaker. Personally, I think the execution could've been much better. It would've been much more wearable and look much better if Nike just gave it some fake stitching to make it look like they stitched the shoe back together. By using the see-through layer, Nike essentially took away pieces of the Dunk from you. The original eBays were cut up into 4 separate pieces. This current design with the see-through is essentially them cutting up the Dunk into 7 separate pieces and taking away 3 - I hope that makes sense, it sounds better in my head :lol:

folks buy shoes for different reasons. even if i find a pair to be truly ugly monstrosities i’m not pocket watchin or questioning a person’s choice to buy. imma let them cook.

that said, the ebay and cactus plant dunks can go to hell. joints are hideous :sick:

I caught Ls all around here. Resell it is but I’m not in a rush and will wait for the price to come down

Congrats to those that hit on the eBays. I recognize their significance and the story and all, and I appreciate all of that, but these are a pair I just could never wear. Had I hit on the lone raffle I entered, they’d be a collector’s item (in some type of display case) only. I don’t like see-thru panels on shoes as it is, and these window slices are the worst IMO.

Personally, I like odd looking shoes. I'm also a person that doesn't need to match my shoes with my hat, shirt, pants, and socks so maybe that's why some of ya'll dislike them? Whatever, the reason, it's ok to have different tastes but lets not act like the people that are saying they are hideous, didn't try to buy a pair.

Those Air Max with the clear panels ran huge. Wonder if the e-bay dunks do as well.

Back
Top Bottom