2025 NBA Draft Thread

Whoever drafts the best player down the line this year should give their entire scouting department raises.

A lot more athletic than Dario.

Maybe a post ankle injury Grant Hill?
The first few things I ever seem to read about him is his passing and being a jack of all trades type, which for some reason makes me think of Dario’s draft profile. He’s definitely more athletic than Dario though, you’re 100% right about that.

An athletic, not-thicc version of Boris Diaw? Lol

In my memory Gallo was way more athletic before getting to America.

I think he had a back problem thurned him into a statue.

In my memory Gallo was way more athletic before getting to America.

I think he had a back problem thurned him into a statue.

All these years later and Gallinari is still the prototypical forward that D'Antoni keeps searching for

Thinking about it I can't remember the last Euro slasher that had a successful NBA career

Last edited:

Couple things I thought were interesting...

- KOC has Killian Hayes at #1 on his big board. Not a great athlete, but loves the improvement he's shown in the past year. Says he has some of the moves and footwork we see from Harden.

- Likes Okongwu more than Wiseman. Says he can come in right away and defend. Likens him to Bam. Because of this, says Okongwu doesn't have a basement, whereas Wiseman does because we aren't sure what he can do defensively. Thinks Wiseman could potentially slide a bit and brings up guys like Daniel Theis and Javale McGee to show that you can find cheap bigs that you can plug and play, rather than give top 5 money to one that projects to do the same. Mentions that it would have to be an Embiid/Jokic level talent in order for him to consider a big that high. He does note that Wiseman has a higher potential ceiling though if he could become a legit perimeter threat.

2020 NBA Draft  The unconventional top 5 in a very unconventional year – The Athletic.png

Can’t wait for 2021. Really high on Shareef Cooper. I feel like he’s going to be the next, franchise PG.

I really want Tyrese Maxey to fall to a point where the Celts can reasonably trade up for him. Don't see him falling out of the lotto. I think he's a better shooter and playmaker than his numbers at UK show. Has some dog in him. Think he could run point in Brad's system since it really doesn't require a ball dominant point guard anyways. In the few games I watched him, he looked like he had the same kind of "IT Factor" that I thought De'Aaron Fox had at UK. Obviously not the player Fox is, but it seemed like his teammates all loved him, and he actually gave a **** out there.

Really like the work The Stepien does and their tiers have been pretty good for the most part...

Tier 1- Anthony Edwards, Lamelo Ball, Cole Anthony, Tyrese Maxey
Tier 2- Nico Mannion, Killian Hayes, Theo Maledon, RJ Hampton, Isaac Okoro, Deni Avdija, James Wiseman, Onyeka Okongwu

Tier 1- Zion Williamson
Tier 2- Ja Morant, Jarrett Culver, RJ Barrett, Brandon Clarke
Tier 3- Goga Bitadze, Grant Williams, PJ Washington, Coby White, De'Andre Hunter, Darius Garland, Cam Reddish
Tier 4- Hayes, Langford, Doumboya, Herro, Okeke, Porter, Thybulle, Porter, Bol, Edwards, NAW, THT, Cam Johnson, Claxton, Little, Terence Davis

Tier 1- Luka Doncic
Tier 2- Jaren Jackson
Tier 3- Trae Young, Wendell Carter, Deandre Ayton
Tier 4- Marvin Bagley, Miles Bridges, Mo Bamba, Mikal Bridges, Michael Porter, Zhaire Smith
Tier 5- Melton, Huerter, Timelord, SGA, Knox, Okogie, Evans, Robinson, Sexton, Walker, Musa, Okobo, Shamet, Brown

I truly don’t get this with the both NFL and now the NBA Draft. Why can you not at least have just a head coach and a prospect in the same room as long as their 6 feet away? Have each prospect and trainer that’ll get rebounds for them and put them through drills all get tested before workouts.

Back
Top Bottom