2025 NBA Draft Thread

Other thoughts about that Vecinie mock...

- Toppin would probably be really fun to watch in GSW
- Haliburton would be perfect for PHX
- Kira Lewis would be a really smart pick for the Pels given Holiday's impending free agency. Pairs nicely in the backcourt with Lonzo
- Really don't see the the Celtics drafting Achiuwa that high. Maybe with one of the later picks though. I really think they are going to target Kira Lewis and trade up if needed. This is going to be their best shot at adding a potential starting level PG that fits the Tatum/Brown timeline.
- Jaden McDaniels would be a classic Bucks pick :lol:
- RJ Hampton falling to the Mavs would have to be looked at as a win for them. Has more potential than anybody else on the board at that point and his theoretical ceiling is a perfect fit to play alongside Luka. They don't have a first rounder in 2021 either, so this is their chance.
- Jahmius Ramsey seems like a good fit for Philly. Really good shooter that plays hard.
- If Nico can figure out how to shoot consistently, he could be really solid for the Lakers. Also wouldn't be surprised if they took an older, more "NBA ready" guard like Cassius Winston.

Where can I look at predraft college analytics and see if any of these dudes panned out based on the numbers?

Google old ESPN Hollinger (before he left for the Grizzlies) and Pelton articles would be a good start.

Hollinger's Draft Rater:

2002-2008

His numbers leading to predictions are so damn hit or miss. He's got all this data yet hits on the same amount of guys as someone who is watching Youtube videos all day. The numbers strongly favor a whole lot of busts (Evan Turner, Thomas Robinson, Marshon Brooks, Jon Leur, etc).

I'll give him credit for picking pros who stuck in the 2nd round though.

Whole system is flawed. I really feel like to hit on guys outside the top 3 you gotta be straight up lucky. There's only so much video and analytics can do.

His numbers leading to predictions are so damn hit or miss. He's got all this data yet hits on the same amount of guys as someone who is watching Youtube videos all day. The numbers strongly favor a whole lot of busts (Evan Turner, Thomas Robinson, Marshon Brooks, Jon Leur, etc).

I'll give him credit for picking pros who stuck in the 2nd round though.

Whole system is flawed. I really feel like to hit on guys outside the top 3 you gotta be straight up lucky. There's only so much video and analytics can do.
Jon Leur was pretty good for a 2nd rounder.

There will never be a way to not make the draft a crapshoot. You can have all the data and stats but if the guy you draft is cool of the rookie contract. There's nothing you can do but cut your losses early

I think a lot of it has to do with a player's ability to adapt. To the speed and poise of the NBA. You really only need 1 skill to stick around. Just gotta fine tune it.

3pt shooting, defense, rebounding, whatever.

Thomas Robinson for example. A lot of people had him as a sure thing. Came into the league and thought he was LeBron. Never really had a role, just 100 mph on every possession.

It's tough, front office personnel get fired for literally making the wrong guess. Ofcourse it looks much worse if the player drafted right after is a star.

If Ball could play some defense, I'd think he be awesome in Golden State.

Anybody who actually believes the Warriors AREN’T trading this pick needs to be drug tested. This is their biggest trade asset/damn near only trade asset they’ve got to improve their roster outside of their core group. If they actually use this pick thinking any of these dudes in this weak class is about to help Curry and Klay win a ship in the next 3 years then the whole front office should be canned.

Anybody who actually believes the Warriors AREN’T trading this pick needs to be drug tested. This is their biggest trade asset/damn near only trade asset they’ve got to improve their roster outside of their core group. If they actually use this pick thinking any of these dudes in this weak class is about to help Curry and Klay win a ship in the next 3 years then the whole front office should be canned.
With the uncertainty of the NBA they might have to draft someone before they could find a trade. The cavs still had to decide to draft Wiggins IIRC before trading him.

With the uncertainty of the NBA they might have to draft someone before they could find a trade. The cavs still had to decide to draft Wiggins IIRC before trading him.

Regardless, whoever is the pick at the slot they get in the draft lottery should not play one single minute for the Warriors. They are completely wasting the rest of Steph and Klay’s prime if they don’t move this pick and probably Wiggins contract for another star level player.

Regardless, whoever is the pick at the slot they get in the draft lottery should not play one single minute for the Warriors.
That does not mean that they should stop evaluating prospects in this class. Besides I think they need a big wing who can defend the Kawhi's and LeBron's. Who can they trade this pic for?

That does not mean that they should stop evaluating prospects in this class. Besides I think they need a big wing who can defend the Kawhi's and LeBron's. Who can they trade this pic for?

Draymond has always guarded Bron and Klay can switch on him when needed. They can both guard Kawhi and PG as well. I have no idea who they could get but I’m sure we’ll hear a lot of ideas when it gets to that time. I really think if the season continued like normal and the Bucks got upset in say the second round there would have been a lot of noise about Giannis to the Warriors for a package like top 3 pick, Wiggins, Draymond and some future 1st rounders. Especially if they were to get the #1 overall pick.

Draymond has always guarded Bron and Klay can switch on him when needed. They can both guard Kawhi and PG as well. I have no idea who they could get but I’m sure we’ll hear a lot of ideas when it gets to that time. I really think if the season continued like normal and the Bucks got upset in say the second round there would have been a lot of noise about Giannis to the Warriors for a package like top 3 pick, Wiggins, Draymond and some future 1st rounders. Especially if they were to get the #1 overall pick.
It was Iggy KD and Klay mostly defending the premier wing. Draymond always defended the big so he can protect the rim. They ran a switch-heavy system but Draymond was not the guy they who they would want to initially matchup. He is also washed now.

Draymond and Wiggins you could argue have negative value. Giannis would fetch way more than that.

They need a Shane Battier for Rudy Gay trade.

Draymond is not washed. He is the exact same player but surrounded by worse players. When Steph and Klay are back playing if he’s still on the team you’ll see his value once again.

Back
Top Bottom