2025 NBA Draft Thread

1. Golden State Warriors - Anthony Edwards
2. Minnesota T'Wolves - LaMelo Ball
3. Charlotte Hornets - Killian Hayes

The Chicago Bulls ( bigmike23 bigmike23 ) are on the clock.

Why would Minny let Beasley walk? He might be better than anyone they end up coming away with from this draft. Would ideally want him to be a better defensive player, but he might be a legit 40% 3pt shooter. Pretty invaluable to have out there with the DLo/KAT PnR.

I’m just thinking maybe he’ll get an offer they wouldn’t want to match. I want him back for sure because I see him to be our legit scoring option off the bench and I see Okgoie being the starter.

Yea Beasley depends on who else throwing him offers...He’s the type of player that you shouldn’t overpay, can limit the teams flexibility and he won’t move the needle much

Yea Beasley depends on who else throwing him offers...He’s the type of player that you shouldn’t overpay, can limit the teams flexibility and he won’t move the needle much
Would be pretty surprised if MEMPIS doesn't throw him him some sort of sheet. Not exactly sure who else would. MIN should match though.

I’m fine with matching they may need to move James Johnson tho. I’d rather that time go to Spellman and Reid. They in this draft do need to get an athletic 5 because KAT is the tallest.

Some added shooting definitely wouldn't hurt Mempis if it came at the right price.

He's not going to be scoring 21 a game like he was in his few games in MIN for a good team, but I do think he could be around 16 or so, while successfully helping space the floor. Considering Okogie and Culver's inabilities when it comes to that, I don't see how they could let him walk, assuming his cost is going to be reasonable.

Detroit Pistons 7th pick is available :nerd:
1590550717026.png

Just curious who’s gonna join us In Orlando for another few decades of subpar basketball and misery :lol::nthat:

Last edited:
Ping pong balls fall in Hornets favor for first time since landing Baron Davis- team selects French guard Killian Hayes with 3rd overall pick in the 2020 NBA Draft
1590522389754.jpeg

Charlotte, NC

Hornets have their next hopeful star in their attempt to help ease the pain of seeing franchise star, Kemba Walker, leave in free agency last summer. Sources say the selection came down to Memphis freshman James Wiseman, Israel young phenom Deni Avdija, and Hayes. With the emergence of Devonte Graham this season, the organization hopes to pair the two moving forward as the contract of Terry Rozier is only guaranteed for the 20-21 season and could be packaged in a trade.

Both Wiseman and Avdija had strong support within the organization as Wiseman would have given them the rim protection and rebounding presence inside that the team has needed as their rotation consists of Cody Zellar and the expiring contracts of Bismack Biyombo and Willy Hernangomez. Avdija’s pairing with rookie PJ Washington would have been interesting and provided another playmaking forward to the Hornets already young rotation.

Hayes ability to create for his teammates and himself along with his defensive ability was a deciding factor for GM Mitch Kupchek. Hayes, 18, averaged nearly 13 and 6 per game for Ulm last season.

Hayes playmaking and shooting is expected to translate quickly at the next level and Charlotte hopes to have found a star in the making

Not mad at it!! I do have a penchant for Deni though right now, and Wiseman would be hard to pass on, but I respect it and would dig it if this happened.

Sorry been traveling today.

The Chicago Bulls select Isaac Okoro.

5b3d0f57-738b-4cf9-99f0-7cc505e8c116-jc_AuburnVandy_32.jpg

I selected Okoro because Otto Porter is consistently hurt and a free agent in a year. Okoro also has some nasty which this team desperately needs.

1. Golden State Warriors - Anthony Edwards
2. Minnesota T'Wolves - LaMelo Ball
3. Charlotte Hornets - Killian Hayes
4. Chicago Bulls - Isaac Okoro

The Cleveland Cavaliers ( finallyfamous finallyfamous ) are on the clock.

Okoro worries me. Can see a world where he's an awesome glue guy that defends is a good passer and good in transition, but can also see one where he can't shoot or score off the dribble and doesn't have the size to handle elite wings.

Always worry about the wings with the physical tools and raw game taken in the lotto. Sometimes they develop into Paul George/Jaylen Brown/Jonathan Isaac, other times they develop into MKG/Stanley Johnson/Josh Jackson.

Okoro has some Justise Winslow, without the ball handling. Five years into Justise Winslow's career and I still don't know what to make of him.

Last edited:
I feel like Okoro may be more dependent on fit. For the Bulls or Wolves for instance, I think that's a better fit for him

i.e. get him on teams that already have players (that's plural) who are going to dominate the ball and are legitimate scorers

Let Okoro be the energy guy who mucks things up defensively and who can get those momentum dunks. Hope that he can develop into more than that

Back
Top Bottom