2025 NBA Draft Thread

With the first pick in the NT 2020 NBA Draft, the GS Warriors select, Anthony Edwards, G/F Georgia

27da219b-0269-4151-b48f-ac11939f9a17-AP_Season_Preview-Impact_Freshmen_Basketball.JPG

Despite the apprehension of the GM based on the school this young man comes from, and the strong temptation to select the heir apparent to Steph Curry in LaMelo Ball; ultimately this was a pretty easy pick. A combo guard (6'5" 225) with elite athleticism, high motor, and tantalizing defensive potential (6'9" wingspan); Edwards should be a great addition to infuse some new blood into a Warriors squad hungry to get back to contention. Needs to improve shooting but he has a textbook jumper, can get his shot off at any time, and shown willingness to take them from NBA range. He has draws comparisons to Wade, Donovan Mitchell, Oladipo.

The Warriors hope they can get some BTC for Andrew Wiggins or ultimately maybe parlay this pick into another all star caliber player but for now he seems to slot in well at their positionless brand of basketball.

Interesting pick. Not the way I would've gone, but I get it. Best of luck to the Warriors to hypothetically get a pulse out of Edwards and Wiggins.

The Minnesota Timberwolves ( hood17 hood17 ) are on the clock.

Wolves Select La Melo Ball

2DCDEAEA-1A3C-4FA0-83ED-16383AAABA04.jpeg

I understand him and D’Lo have the same skill set but I like the chance of having that big of a back court that can get out and push. And I believe Malik Beasley is gone during the summer and I need another creator plus talent upside.

I may not like LaVar stomping aroundmy home city but him being in Glenn Taylor *** is going to put a smile on my face:lol:

Last edited:
Love the fit of Edwards in Golden State. Think he has a better chance to help the team immediately too. Will be a good scorer off the bench and he's going to be forced to play defense, which he might actually have the potential to do well.

Interesting pick. Not the way I would've gone, but I get it. Best of luck to the Warriors to hypothetically get a pulse out of Edwards and Wiggins.

The Minnesota Timberwolves ( hood17 hood17 ) are on the clock.

Who would you have taken?

What would be the asking price by Golden State if they did get the number one pick?
I feel like they should take Weismann because you want some size with Draymond not being the defender he used to be but could they get a decent veteran package in return?

What would be the asking price by Golden State if they did get the number one pick?
I feel like they should take Weismann because you want some size with Draymond not being the defender he used to be but could they get a decent veteran package in return?

I think unless they get another high end all Star (Beal) I don't think Wiseman is an option. Edwards or LaMelo.

Not sure I like the Ball in Minnesota fit because they are so wedded to Towns and D'Lo already. But seems like a worthwhile gamble for an aimless franchise.

The Charlotte Hornets ( woody2626 woody2626 ) is on the clock.

He's not worthy of being a #1 pick.

Not sure I like the Ball in Minnesota fit because they are so wedded to Towns and D'Lo already. But seems like a worthwhile gamble for an aimless franchise.

The Charlotte Hornets ( woody2626 woody2626 ) is on the clock.

Yeah I think it's going take Melo awhile before/if he puts it all together.

IMO...he's not an impactful player from day one and I don't think Minnesota can afford that.

Could absolutely see the Warriors try to take advantage of the Hawks or Knicks if one or both fall in the lottery, like they did here. Trade down and get another rotation piece like Frank NT or maybe one of the Hawks wings.

Don't think they have enough to get someone like Beal.

Here's a fascinating fake trade:

Warriors draft pick (let's say #5) to the Celtics for Marcus Smart and #17.

Who says yes? Or more interesting, who says no faster?

Wolves Select La Melo Ball

2DCDEAEA-1A3C-4FA0-83ED-16383AAABA04.jpeg

I understand him and D’Lo have the same skill set but I like the chance of having that big of a back court that can get out and push. And I believe Malik Beasley is gone during the summer and I need another creator plus talent upside.

I may not like LaVar stomping aroundmy home city but him being in Glenn Taylor *** is going to put a smile on my face:lol:
Why would Minny let Beasley walk? He might be better than anyone they end up coming away with from this draft. Would ideally want him to be a better defensive player, but he might be a legit 40% 3pt shooter. Pretty invaluable to have out there with the DLo/KAT PnR.

If the Wolves actually got Edwards I‘d be fine but if LaMelo falls to them then I would listen to all trade offers for him or that pick. D’Lo and KAT making a lot plus they have James Johnson who for sure is going to pick up that option so there’s not much room to do a lot.

I feel like Celtics would say no because the love for Marcus Smart but Danny loves those draft picks so who knows :lol:

Here's a fascinating fake trade:

Warriors draft pick (let's say #5) to the Celtics for Marcus Smart and #17.

Who says yes? Or more interesting, who says no faster?
Boston says no with the quickness. Smart is one of the best non-defensive bigs in the league, that can also run an offense, and is on a good contract. Probably unlikely that whoever is there at #5 is going to be more valuable than him.

He's their version of GSW Iggy.

No way Buzz City picks at 3, I would LOVE that. Whatever the worst possible pick when can get is what we will get lol

Interesting to see what Woody goes with

Ping pong balls fall in Hornets favor for first time since landing Baron Davis- team selects French guard Killian Hayes with 3rd overall pick in the 2020 NBA Draft
1590522389754.jpeg

Charlotte, NC

Hornets have their next hopeful star in their attempt to help ease the pain of seeing franchise star, Kemba Walker, leave in free agency last summer. Sources say the selection came down to Memphis freshman James Wiseman, Israel young phenom Deni Avdija, and Hayes. With the emergence of Devonte Graham this season, the organization hopes to pair the two moving forward as the contract of Terry Rozier is only guaranteed for the 20-21 season and could be packaged in a trade.

Both Wiseman and Avdija had strong support within the organization as Wiseman would have given them the rim protection and rebounding presence inside that the team has needed as their rotation consists of Cody Zellar and the expiring contracts of Bismack Biyombo and Willy Hernangomez. Avdija’s pairing with rookie PJ Washington would have been interesting and provided another playmaking forward to the Hornets already young rotation.

Hayes ability to create for his teammates and himself along with his defensive ability was a deciding factor for GM Mitch Kupchek. Hayes, 18, averaged nearly 13 and 6 per game for Ulm last season.

Hayes playmaking and shooting is expected to translate quickly at the next level and Charlotte hopes to have found a star in the making

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom