2025 NBA Draft Thread

Hard to get a read on Wiseman...The boards and rankings be having yo high but analysis always got him slippin in the draft
"I’ve moved Wiseman to No. 2. Obviously, his placement at No. 2 would seemingly go against a lot of what I stated above. So why is he so high? Again, it comes down to star power for me. While Wiseman isn’t necessarily the shot creator that some of the names above are, I do think he is a genuine potential defensive player of the year candidate at some point. His size and length at 7-foot-1 with something in the ballpark of a 7-foot-6 wingspan gives him ideal size, and his strength improvement has allowed him to make genuine strides absorbing contact. Additionally, having talked to sources (both players and trainers) who have seen him working out in Miami, there is genuine buzz that he looks phenomenal (and this isn’t coming from players or agents who are repped by Wiseman’s Excel agency, either).

Beyond that, I don’t think Wiseman really hinders you from a team-building perspective, either. Offensively, his game is a fit in the modern NBA if the jumper keeps coming along (something I have faith in). He can rim run with ease, with the ability to high-point the ball over even most NBA centers due to his leaping and length. And I think at some point he will be a pick-and-pop or trailer 3-pointer threat in transition. Throw in that he’s regarded to be a very intelligent kid who takes coaching extremely well, and I’ll buy into Wiseman figuring out how to be a high-level center on both ends of the floor."

I love RJ. Good kid, great family. Was hoping he’d be around mid-first as a Mavs running mate for Luka. Probably not at this point though.
Aggregate 2021 Mock

1601607352331.png
Cunningham... :pimp: Love it.

"I’ve moved Wiseman to No. 2. Obviously, his placement at No. 2 would seemingly go against a lot of what I stated above. So why is he so high? Again, it comes down to star power for me. While Wiseman isn’t necessarily the shot creator that some of the names above are, I do think he is a genuine potential defensive player of the year candidate at some point. His size and length at 7-foot-1 with something in the ballpark of a 7-foot-6 wingspan gives him ideal size, and his strength improvement has allowed him to make genuine strides absorbing contact. Additionally, having talked to sources (both players and trainers) who have seen him working out in Miami, there is genuine buzz that he looks phenomenal (and this isn’t coming from players or agents who are repped by Wiseman’s Excel agency, either).

Beyond that, I don’t think Wiseman really hinders you from a team-building perspective, either. Offensively, his game is a fit in the modern NBA if the jumper keeps coming along (something I have faith in). He can rim run with ease, with the ability to high-point the ball over even most NBA centers due to his leaping and length. And I think at some point he will be a pick-and-pop or trailer 3-pointer threat in transition. Throw in that he’s regarded to be a very intelligent kid who takes coaching extremely well, and I’ll buy into Wiseman figuring out how to be a high-level center on both ends of the floor."
This basically a 180 from what they been saying bout him :lol: , but he must be killin his workouts and convos with ppl...Good for him

Been saying I would take the gamble on Wiseman. High risk (getting fired) high reward (franchise big).

Also I think I’m sold on RJ Hampton as a Knick. **** it. He’s one of the better dynamic SGs available, and it would be move RJ Barrett to his natural position at the 3.

All playoff contenders and title hopefuls must build their lineup with solid Bigs. That's today's NBA. Small ball ain't it.

Having said this, no doubt GSW selecting Wiseman. They will need someone to guard AD and Jokic and Bam and Embiid and KAT and Giannis and Ayton.

I shouldn't be so concerned, but I can't get past Wiseman being so pedestrian in EYBL.

Word. Don't give a **** about what any reports of him in an open gym says.

I've seen him look pedestrian way too many times when there's other top talent on the floor. I'm not buying stock on him.

Last time we saw Wiseman play was a year ago. In that timespan I’m fairly certain he developed a jump shot or extended his range. He was always willing to shoot it. Lefty, very good rebounder, solid passer, defensive potential there are way more positives than negatives here.

The frame and physical tools are already there. He checks off all the boxes to be a really good starting big man. Depends on if he’ll actually put it all together in an organized game. Actual game runs is what he was missing for a while.

Been saying I would take the gamble on Wiseman. High risk (getting fired) high reward (franchise big).

Also I think I’m sold on RJ Hampton as a Knick. **** it. He’s one of the better dynamic SGs available, and it would be move RJ Barrett to his natural position at the 3.

I've seen rumors of GSW trading that #2 for myles turner but i'm luke warm on that. can he stay healthy enough to give you minutes in the playoffs?

Like you said, i'd rather take a gamble on wiseman, especially with a rookie contract compared to turner's 4/$80 mill. Bob Myers earned himself some breathing room if wiseman doesn't pan out well having.

Last time we saw Wiseman play was a year ago. In that timespan I’m fairly certain he developed a jump shot or extended his range. He was always willing to shoot it. Lefty, very good rebounder, solid passer, defensive potential there are way more positives than negatives here.

The frame and physical tools are already there. He checks off all the boxes to be a really good starting big man. Depends on if he’ll actually put it all together in an organized game. Actual game runs is what he was missing for a while.
I think given the lack of anything real certain in this class, I could squint real hard and feel like I can probably get the most impact and development out of Wiseman if I'm the Warriors.

I think given the lack of anything real certain in this class, I could squint real hard and feel like I can probably get the most impact and development out of Wiseman if I'm the Warriors.

after watching the Lakers obliterate small ball teams on the glass, warriors have to consider getting another big on their roster. marquese has the physical tools to put a body on the box out but isn't giving you much on offense. from the little game footage we've seen from wiseman, he's not afraid to attack off the dribble and is athletic enough to guard off the switch. of course HS and NCAA are different from the league, but I want the dubs to take a chance on him. minimal risk, high reward.

Last edited:
Wasn’t AD at the 5/Kief at the 4 the Lakers version of small ball tho?

Also WIseman is NOT switchable. In fact, him not being able to switch out on the perimeter has been the one consistent take I’ve seen from the scouting reports.

Wasn’t AD at the 5/Kief at the 4 the Lakers version of small ball tho?

Also WIseman is NOT switchable. In fact, him not being able to switch out on the perimeter has been the one consistent take I’ve seen from the scouting reports.
Yea that was similar to Pau & Lamar and why they were so good. They could go “small” and switch and still kill you on the glass

If GSW wants a 5 in this draft it’ll be trading down for Big O. Like you mentioned, Wiseman can’t switch & wont get enough touches to justify that.

Watching Bam probably changed the perception of what people think of Big men. Much like how scoring became a requirement for PGs in today's NBA, I do believe that the trend with big men would be to expect them to make plays from within the post. You can make so many plays with your back against the basket, Joker and Bam are showing that and are successful in the playoffs because of it.

Also, would Wiseman be able to guard wings? Or at least SF?

Back
Top Bottom