2025 NBA Draft Thread

I feel like there’s going to be a lot of movement, but who really knows.

Golden state is in such an interesting position. They need guys who can produce now. But if they love a guy do they keep him for the future.

Watching Bam probably changed the perception of what people think of Big men

I don't necessarily think this is true. There are still very good big men that cant switch or play defense. The big man is a position that'll always be needed, problem is if your best player is a big man then things get complicated.

Players like Jokic, KAT, and a prime Cousins can still work. Just gotta perfectly build around them.

Going big against AD just for the sake ain’t it he absolutely cooked Jokic and Gobert.

Realistically the best you can do is contain a player like AD. Idk anyone in todays NBA that can outright stop him in a 7 game series. Just gotta have multiple bodies you can throw at him if you're a healthy GS for example.

As far as most other teams drafting bigs in the lotto, they dont gotta worry about contending anytime soon :lol:

Watching Bam probably changed the perception of what people think of Big men. Much like how scoring became a requirement for PGs in today's NBA, I do believe that the trend with big men would be to expect them to make plays from within the post. You can make so many plays with your back against the basket, Joker and Bam are showing that and are successful in the playoffs because of it.

Also, would Wiseman be able to guard wings? Or at least SF?
Ehhh but Bam and Jokic are basically point centers. There’s only so few of those guys and you need to build your team a certain way around it

Ehhh but Bam and Jokic are basically point centers. There’s only so few of those guys and you need to build your team a certain way around it

I am just saying that bigs who can playmake will be looked at as a major asset and the two guys you mentioned were the teams that made deep playoff runs and only had the Lakers on their way. Plus Draymond green when he plays small ball center is effective with his playmaking. KAT is also a decent playmaker, he just never had a good enough team for people to notice.

Going big against AD just for the sake ain’t it he absolutely cooked Jokic and Gobert.
Yea Miami actually did the best job against him starting with G3 on & one of those games was without Bam entirely. And even when he returned, he split the assignment with Crowder.

If you let him get it on the block he’s scoring 30 no matter who you have. Gobert whoever. But if you front & bring over the weakside corner to bracket him & force him to operate from 30 feet out, stunt & double after 1 dribble, your chances are much better.

You wouldn’t leave LeBron on an island with any 1 player so you gotta treat AD with that same respect.

A GM definitely shouldn’t be looking at anyone in this draft to help you “match up” with AD. Looking at it wrong.

I am just saying that bigs who can playmake will be looked at as a major asset and the two guys you mentioned were the teams that made deep playoff runs and only had the Lakers on their way. Plus Draymond green when he plays small ball center is effective with his playmaking. KAT is also a decent playmaker, he just never had a good enough team for people to notice.
It’s an asset but it’s also the players around them. In Denver’s case, Murray got hot. For the Heat, doubling down on Bam led to open shooters

Even when you bring up Dray, he had a dynamic guard next to him (Steph) and then there’s Blake (CP3). Simmons would be in the same category with a dynamic guard and so would Yanni

Playmaking bigs have ALWAYS been looked at as a major asset though. It's nothing new.

I'd be content with Woodard if the Lakers kept their first rounder.

I also like Tillman, Terry, Winston, Nwora and Dotson in that range.

Bey or Green are perfect mid 1's for the Mavs... Would be very happy with either as a pure 3-and-D wing.

Really like the Jalen Smith fit in New Orleans. Could also see them going with one of the guards or Nesmith though to prepare for potential life after Jrue/JJ.

I feel like I'm a lot higher on Tyrese Maxey than the majority of these mocks. Speaking of Jrue, that's who he kinda reminds me of. Liked him ever since I saw him in that game against Michigan St. 6'6" wingspan and 200 pounds. 3 level scorer that competes at a high level defensively. I buy his shooting being better than what we saw at UK. Also think he may have a bit more playmaking that we didn't see since he was playing with 2 other PGs. I don't think he's going to be your primary ballhandler, but if you have a team with other playmakers already in place, he could be a great fit for you.

Don't think this mock makes much sense for the Celtics. They need some sort of playmaker with that 14th pick. Whether it's Maxey/Cole/Kira. Could see Nesmith there too. There will be multiple bigs available at the later picks. Someone like Xavier Tilman could come in and help right away.

Celtics are facing a hefty tax bill. I could see them attaching one of their firsts to get off Kanter and Poierer's contract (Hello Charlotte).

Celtics are facing a hefty tax bill. I could see them attaching one of their firsts to get off Kanter and Poierer's contract (Hello Charlotte).
Word is that Kanter is going to opt out. Ainge told him/going to tell him that he'd likely try to move him if he opted in and he'd rather just choose where wants to play instead of ending up somewhere he doesn't want to be. He can still be a useful piece for someone situationally.

Some team is really going to use a top five pick on Melo even though he has the same broken jump shot his brother has. The teams never learn

I feel like I'm a lot higher on Tyrese Maxey than the majority of these mocks. Speaking of Jrue, that's who he kinda reminds me of. Liked him ever since I saw him in that game against Michigan St. 6'6" wingspan and 200 pounds. 3 level scorer that competes at a high level defensively. I buy his shooting being better than what we saw at UK. Also think he may have a bit more playmaking that we didn't see since he was playing with 2 other PGs. I don't think he's going to be your primary ballhandler, but if you have a team with other playmakers already in place, he could be a great fit for you.
I like Maxey a lot, too. Especially as a potential backcourt mate for Luka.

Just think the Mavs have a bigger need for big wings than another small guard.

I like Maxey a lot, too. Especially as a potential backcourt mate for Luka.

Just think the Mavs have a bigger need for big wings than another small guard.
Bey or Green would definitely fit nicely.

I wouldn't really classify Maxey as a small guard though given his frame. With his wingspan at 6'6", he's functionally similar to Hardaway Jr who is at 6'7". I get that there is a bit of overlap though with Brunson and Seth and getting someone that can guard bigger wings would be more ideal.

Back
Top Bottom