2025 NBA Draft Thread

I don’t understand the argument behind his offensive game won’t develop. In the super small sample size at Memphis he was more than willing to shoot the ball when given space. Lefty so the form is fine. Saw glimpses of a fadeaway. He looked comfortable offensively.

And there lies the conundrum :lol:

He will undoubtedly be effective in Golden St, but if he’s not an elite defender or if his offensive game doesn’t develop a ton, you can find a solid, functional C pretty easily and for cheap.

And him not being able to switch on the perimeter is a killer for me.

He's Hassan Whiteside/Andre Drummond. Useful, but FAR FAR FAR away from a potential franchise player.

I think people think GSW is just some magic system they'll be able to plug a 19 year old into and have him "just catch lobs and rebound". When it's more likely that offensives will be running everything to his side of the floor. It's going to be rough for him early on. I also doubt he's going to morph into Chris Bosh one day like some believe.

I'm not saying he can't develop more depth to his offensive game. Just don't know if I'm ready to bank on him doing it for sure. And if he doesn't, he's definitely more Hassan Whiteside than whatever else you want him to be, and you would never even remotely consider someone like that with a top pick.

There's a very clear path, IMO, to Okongwu being a much better/more useful pro than him. Offensively he might just be a finisher with the occasional face up, but he does have real potential to be one of the better perimeter defending bigs in the league while also being a high level rim protector.

If i'm the dubs, i'd take Wiseman at 2 and then pick up Dwight Howard. the west is stacked with 5s that can play in the post (AD, KP, Nurk, Jokic, KAT, Ayton, Rudy, LMA) and the warriors currently only have Chriss who can consistently be plugged in at center. they'd be a perfect spot for wiseman; no pressure to be an immediate factor on offense and can focus on playing defense

i dont even think they'd have to use their MLE on dwight

Last edited:
Warriors are going to need a stretch five if they choose Wiseman. Someone like Meyers Leonard or Aaron Baynes if you buy his shooting.

Has there been any Wiseman workout tapes? I really think his only flaw is gonna be foul trouble early on. Won’t stay on the floor bc of a lack of playing organized ball during all this time. Hard to believe he didn’t work on extending his range during an entire year. Already had a nice FT touch.

If i'm the dubs, i'd take Wiseman at 2 and then pick up Dwight Howard. the west is stacked with 5s that can play in the post (AD, KP, Nurk, Jokic, KAT, Ayton, Rudy, LMA) and the warriors currently only have Chriss who can consistently be plugged in at center. they'd be a perfect spot for wiseman; no pressure to be an immediate factor on offense and can focus on playing defense

Looney?

I actually think Precious at 17 could help them a lot defensively. And they’d still be able to get Edwards at 1.

Forgot about that 2nd pick. If you can get Edwards and Precious...that's a damn good draft.

I just think O is the best fit of all the top prospects in terms of day one and long term.

If i'm the dubs, i'd take Wiseman at 2 and then pick up Dwight Howard. the west is stacked with 5s that can play in the post (AD, KP, Nurk, Jokic, KAT, Ayton, Rudy, LMA) and the warriors currently only have Chriss as a true center. they'd be a perfect spot for wiseman; no pressure to be an immediate factor on offense and can focus on playing defense

A 5 really only helps you against the Nuggets. We saw Jokic didn’t really have much interest in being aggressive against the Lakers size.

But nobody is slowing down AD straight up. You slow him by denying him the ball completely. KP is a guard he doesn’t post up at all, and those other teams are just fighting to get to the playoffs.

Then he’ll be a 3rd 4th option from the jump so even if he had a KAT or even an Ayton bag (he doesn’t) you wouldn’t see much of it, and defensively he’s not particularly switchable and against 5s only really helps me against the Nuggets.... when I can slow down Joker just the same with Looney & a guy like Baynes & use this pick instead to fill another hole.

Iguodala’s gone & I need a wing for my “death” lineup. If I’m keeping the pick, its Edwards. If Edwards is gone I’m trading down for Vassell.

I might just trade down for Vassell anyway depending on the offer

yeah personally I hope Minny really does take Melo #1 so the Dubs can draft Edwards and have him play the Young Monta role until the Splash Bros call it quits.

I was watching tape of Vassell earlier in the week. Really impressive how his size at the wing just swallows other players on defense.

Only issue with him is his low usage. I'm not sure he'll be much of an on the ball threat anytime soon.

A 5 really only helps you against the Nuggets. We saw Jokic didn’t really have much interest in being aggressive against the Lakers size.

But nobody is slowing down AD straight up. You slow him by denying him the ball completely. KP is a guard he doesn’t post up at all, and those other teams are just fighting to get to the playoffs.

Then he’ll be a 3rd 4th option from the jump so even if he had a KAT or even an Ayton bag (he doesn’t) you wouldn’t see much of it, and defensively he’s not particularly switchable and against 5s only really helps me against the Nuggets.... when I can slow down Joker just the same with Looney & a guy like Baynes & use this pick instead to fill another hole.

Iguodala’s gone & I need a wing for my “death” lineup. If I’m keeping the pick, its Edwards. If Edwards is gone I’m trading down for Vassell.

I might just trade down for Vassell anyway depending on the offer

i hear that. I don't think anyone's slowing down AD but if there's one thing that the lakers showed us in the post season it's that their size was overwhelming. them being able to rotate between AD, Dwight and Javale killed miami on the glass and their ability to play Bam in the paint.

warriors death line up should be fine with wiggins replacing iggy.

Read something about 1 for 3+ Bridges swap.
If Wolves could be sure Edwards was still there at 3, gotta take that trade.

Then 17+ Culver to move up.

I heard that Ball's long floater game actually went in a lot but that's a worrisome tactic. Looking at his form and all his highlights it doesn't look like he has that natural pull up midrange shot. Mechanics are all off and that's why he has to spam the 18+ foot floaters

He's so much more advanced than Lonzo off the dribble and passing off the bounce. I just hope he can develop his mechanics if he has to pull up. I also have no clue as to if he has a good chance of scoring and finishing in the paint despite his elite size. He doesn't seem to like contact at all

His defense is a whole other story- the culture that he grew up in did him no favors on that end
On the defensive front he just gotta follow his bro’s example...Lonzo earned a solid rep on that end just from actually trying, they both came in with the size and enough athleticism to be competent defenders

And I’ve been out on Top 10 Toppin from jump, a 23 year old still learning to play defense sounds like picking Kuzma in the late 1st...In this case since this is considered a weak draft, slide that up to late lotto

I think it will be impossible for wiseman to stink if he goes to GSW. Just run, jump, slide your feet and protect the paint.
Don’t think it’s about him stinking. Is that what you want at #2?
That's the exact reason I dont like KAT. He may be the greatest offensive arsenal center ever but none of that matters when your impact is meh. Same with Ayton going #1.

I'm on Wiseman. You dont need a full offensive arsenal as a 5. He has the ability to face up, fadeaway, etc. He has the frame to bully. He'll always be a lob threat. He has the IQ for help side defensive help. Now I have no idea about his ability to switch, if he has that, then he's an elite center.

I think Deandre Jordan with the ability to hit a jumper >>> Ayton type center.
You talk down on KAT and Ayton’s skill set offensively then praise Wiseman? His bag doesn’t come CLOSE to those two.

You talk down on KAT and Ayton’s skill set offensively then praise Wiseman? His bag doesn’t come CLOSE to those two.

I think you interpreted that incorrectly. Ofcourse his bag doesn’t come close, but I think his potential impact will be far greater strictly due to his defensive potential. You don’t need a full offensive bag like those two to have a positive impact on winning.

I think you interpreted that incorrectly. Ofcourse his bag doesn’t come close, but I think his potential impact will be far greater strictly due to his defensive potential. You don’t need a full offensive bag like those two to have a positive impact on winning.
Defensively, Wiseman is basically just known as a shot blocker because of his size/athleticism. Very Whiteside-ish. Defending in space and rotating/reading the floor, the 2 traits that truly make you a good defensive player, are weaknesses.

Seems as though Okongwu is leaps and bounds ahead of him when it comes to those things. Might as well just take him if you're judging potential impact by defensive potential.

Do any of you think Okongwu can fit with KAT? I wanted Wolves to draft him months back before I dug in to anything. KAT needs what Jokic has in Milsap. idk if Wolves can find that skill set in Free Agency

Do any of you think Okongwu can fit with KAT? I wanted Wolves to draft him months back. KAT needs what Jokic had in Milsap. idk if Wolves can find that skill set in Free Agency
Yeah but that's going to require you to have KAT away from the basket offensively A LOT. He's incredibly talented and one of the best face up bigs in the league, but not sure keeping him on the perimeter a bunch is completely ideal. Okongwu hasn't really shown that he can be anything more than a finisher.

Back
Top Bottom