2025 NBA Draft Thread

Im one of the few that think RJ will be a much better pro than college player.

His passing is way too good for someone his size to not be.

I blame the FIBA Tournament where he singlehandedly beat Team USA by himself and got my hopes too high :lol:

No he didn’t have any shooters around him, but neither did Cam, Zion, Tre, etc., and it has to fall on everyone including RJ. Who that may hurt the most, because he was supposed to be the prize after Zion and not too much of a drop-off a short six months ago, and now he’s the fourth prize for NBA teams IMO, if that. It’s not about “what do you want from him” it’s just that this all is tough look for him.

He’ll still be taken high, and make where he was taken irrelevant, if you and Givony are right about his star ability.

I don't know if he's going to be star, that pretty much all rests on whether he learns to shoot or not, which as far as I can tell it's impossible to predict.

but I don't think hell be outta the league in a couple years like Shabazz. :lol:

Shabazz basically never passed and was 2 years older than he said he was and RJ is 18 getting triple doubles in the tournament. :lol:

Shabazz didn’t know he had teammates—he didn’t pass. Sometimes he was starstruck by being on the floor.

There’s a middle ground here, Bazz was drafted 6 years ago in the lottery and is now in China.

It’s impossible to predict if someone’s going to learn how to shoot, much easier/simpler to just not give them the benefit of the doubt. I mean maybe he will but I’m not taking him before Ja (who can’t shoot) or Culver (who can IMO—35% career 3pt shooter at Tech).

Last edited:
People are tripping with the Shabazz comp.

RJ is just easy to pick on given the situation. If he was playing at Florida State or Oregon or some random other school, he wouldn't get all this flack.

Not a big fan of RJ. Reminds me of Wiggins from Minny. Zion and JA will be the prizes of this draft.

The guy from Auburn, Jered Harper. I think he can low key be a good player in the NBA for a long time. He’s tuff and had the knack to make plays.

The guy from Auburn, Jered Harper. I think he can low key be a good player in the NBA for a long time. He’s tuff and had the knack to make plays.

Maybe a good player in China for a long time would be a more realistic goal...

Yall killing my nehew. :lol:

I believe this is the correct take from Givony;

D3CWUtaX0AEWqjs.png:large
Sounds like my Gunner Jalen Rose projection

Im one of the few that think RJ will be a much better pro than college player.

His passing is way too good for someone his size to not be.

who does he compare to?

The general consensus is that he's another Shabaz Muhammad, but is his ceiling may be a Tyreke Evans?

who does he compare to?

The general consensus is that he's another Shabaz Muhammad, but is his ceiling may be a Tyreke Evans?
I definitely don't think the general consensus is that he's another Shabazz :lol:

Tyreke isn't a terrible comp though.

I'm cool on RJ but not out on him. His career will greatly depend on who drafts him and whether his playmaking continues to develop.

I still say chucking jalen rose in terms of how he could actually play and the caliber of player/impact

His floor does scare me a bit

Don't think RJ will be a star, but I think he's too talented to be Shabazz or come close to failing. He's got PnR playmaking potential which is honestly the only reason why I feel this way. Age + Production is always something that I personally value highly. He was extremely productive in a power conference at 18, that bolds well for him.

The shot will come along, it's not broken, but it probably won't be there in year 1 or 2. This, combined lack of wiggle and burst paints a tough picture for RJ. But, he's a dog, he has size, and he can pass. You hope that the NBA unlocks his playmaking ability and his reads get even better as he gets older.

Larry Hughes has so much potential coming out of Saint Louis. I literally wonder why he never panned out.

Also Dejuan Wagner. Dude scored 100 point in High School. What ever happen to him??

Money wise, yeah. I am talking about him being a star. He had a smooth game. 8th pick in the draft with a lot of potential.

Back
Top Bottom