2025 NBA Draft Thread

Cade should easily average 20-5-5 by year 3 in the newer shot clock era.

At the same time, SGA is a proven player and in a redraft he goes top 3. If it was any other team but Detroit, that offer was actually really really good.

Too much smoke around Duarte and the Knicks, I believe it. I get we need shooting, but Idk why they're infatuated with these super old guys. Last year all the smoke around Obi turned out to be true.

I’d be okay with DayRon Sharpe in Charlotte at 19 especially depending on what else we got back. I know I heard rumors they really like him but that still might be a little early on him. We have no chance at Mobley and if Mitch doesn’t think Jones is worth it at 11 then this isn’t a horrible play for a true big.

Forget who, but someone reported Ziaire possibly to Orlando earlier in the week too.

Just take Mobley man. Barring a trade just do it Altman.

It would be such a Cavs move to take Scottie Barnes at 3.

Im ready to drop my draft hot takes;

Cade
Jalen Green

Evan Mobely
Jalen Suggs

Jonathan Kuminga
Alprenen Sengun

Usman Garuba
Franz Wagner
Trey Murphy III
Moses Moody
Josh Giddey

Scottie Barnes
Joshua Primo
James Bouknight

Tier 1. (Superstar Upside)

Cade Cunningham:

As much as I've thrown a bit of cold water on Cade Cunningham, he is very obviously the best prospect in this draft.
His potential ceiling is the most valuable player type in basketball, the big wing 3 level scorer / playmaker.
and he's probably got one of the highest floors of any perimeter prospect I've ever seen.

to get to his ceiling he's gotta get better as ballhandler, and utilizing his size, in the paint. because he doesn't have game breaking athleticism to generate separation and really compromise the defense.

Jalen Green

Ive always been lower on the physical tools, meh feel for the game guards and I'm trying to compensate for that.
Ultimately, when you have his first step acceleration + leaping ability AND you can hit 3 pointers off the dribble.,

you are going to create massive openings that even if you aren't the most natural passer,
you should be able to teach him the like 4 passes he needs to be able to make.

Tier 2. (Potential All stars)

Evan Mobley

I like Mobley but offense is more important than defense, so I gotta put him in a tier below.
I find the Chris Bosh comparisons a little crazy, Bosh was just a much more natural jump shooter.
and his whole game was, great midrange jumper+elite first step...

Mobely shot is kind of flat, shoots it on the way down sometimes and needs some time to load it up.
and he doesn't have those type scoring instincts. I find it highly unlikely he's ever gunna shoot it like Chris.

My fear with him is that his frame is so narrow, he might just never be able to put on enough weight to play center.
and if he can't close the game at C, then what is the point of him?

Nerlens Noel was also a great defensive prospect but ultimately he just never put on any weight, making it tough to put him at center.

But if puts on the weight I could see him as like an athletic Marc Gasol, reluctant scorer, occasional 3 point shooter. with elite defense and passing.

Jalen Suggs

The biggest red flag to me is Jalen Suggs played in literally the best offensive situation in college basketball,
Sophisticated offense, surrounded by shooting, with a super effective college big.

and somehow only managed a 20% assist rate. and it shows on film, he really isn't a great playmaker unless it's in transition.

and so I think it's unlikely he's going to be a primary ball handler, unless he really becomes like a high level 3 point shooter, in the mold of a Chauncy Billups.

But the size, defensive intensity, competitiveness, his floor is high, it's easy to see him as a Jrue Holiday or a more athletic Brogdon.

Tier 3. (Dice Rolls)

Jonathan Kuminga

I always underrate these type of player but the reality is the more athletic you are, the less you actually have to learn about playing basketball.
He literally terrible at everything right now. but you roll the dice on these guys and hope you get a Jaylen Brown,
His jumps hot mechanics looks good, so with repetition it should start going in.

I think he's floor might even be a bit higher than some think
so easy for him to at least be a Jeff Green type
not what you dream of at 5 but hey Green is a valuable roll player. and has made like 70 million dollars playing NBA basketball.

Alperen Sengun

Okay hear me out, would Alperen Sengun struggle to guard people in deep in the playoffs. almost certainly yes.
but if you're a team picking this high you need to first get to the playoffs.

to me he has the highest offensive upside of anyone in this range. the feel for the game is off the charts.
the passing, the feel for posting up, he's actually a kinda of solid if not unorthodox athlete, can get up for lobs with time and space to load up.
and I think he's definitely gunna develop into a big time threat as a 3 point shooter.

Like look at Kevin Love. even late prime 2016 Cavs Kevin Love, people look at him like he wasn't an effective playoff player
but for like 95% of teams, unless you have elite switching personnel, Kevin Love was a problem.

too good of a shooter for most bigs, and can mash most guards in the post.
just not Klay Thompson. :lol:

I really wish he was like 6'11 so he could stand under the rim and at least pretend to protect it
but the analytic models have given me faith that he can beat the odds and become an elite offensive player.

and worst case scenario I think you have a super effective 6 man in the mold of like Kelly Olynyk.

Hot Takes

Scottie Barnes

I don't know how yall could watch the playoffs, and watch Ben Simmons and then think, man I need to draft Scottie Barnes in the top 6.
He can't shoot, and judging from his busted mechanics it's unlikely he's gunna be more than like a decent spot up guy.

He's not some insane athlete. and he can't protect the rim enough to play center like Draymond.
He seems like a great kid, but MKG was also a great kid also but ultimately... if you can't shoot...you can't play.

Davion Mitchell

So he's old as dirt, and just learned to shoot 3 pointers like a week ago?
Maybe he will beat the odds and be good, but you roll that dice in the 20's not in the top 10.

Back
Top Bottom