2025 NBA Draft Thread

Shai + which prospect would you guys definitely pull the trigger on the Detroit offer. I know some scoffed at DET for rejecting the deal

I feel more comfortable with Barnes than Kuminga so if you could guarantee Shai + Barnes then I'd have a pretty tough time saying no. But outside of that I get why DET said no because I don't think Barnes will be there at 6

Bouk will be there at 6 though

1.Cade
2.Jalen
3. Mobley
4.Suggs
5.Barnes
6.Bouknight
7.Kuminga

is my lazy prediction

He will. Are Shai and him enough for you to give up Cade. I like bouk as much as anyone but I’m kinda rather on the rather keep Cade

At that point it's perception. Shai is only gonna get better. Cade is still a wildcard to me but he has a huge ceiling. I personally would go with the proven talent but if you think Cade will be the real deal I can't knock it.

Starting to feel like Shai is getting a bit too gassed.

For me...I can't foresee a scenario where the Shai + 6 Pistons are any further than the Cade Pistons would be 3 years from now unless that #6 is a slam ******* dunk.

If Shai and Cade aren't at least COMPARABLE by the end of his rookie deal...something will have gone horribly wrong for Cade.

Apparently Thibs is pushing to draft Miles McBride

Not sure if he wants him at 19, 21, or 32

Huge SGA fan but why would Detroit prefer a player who’s about to get a max contract rookie extension over a #1 cost controlled pick that they’ll have for 4-5 years before the rookie extension?

Cade reminds me of Tatum but more of a polished playmaker out of the gate. Don't really see how/why he wouldn't be in a similar standing as a player by the end of his rookie deal.

Huge SGA fan but why would Detroit prefer a player who’s about to get a max contract rookie extension over a #1 cost controlled pick that they’ll have for 4-5 years before the rookie extension?
Optimistic outcome would be sga is a soon to be all nba player and the 6 pick turn into a starting rotation player

If it was #5 instead of #6 I wonder if it changes Detroit’s mind or if okc offers this deal at all

Did a mock. I'm sure there will be plenty of trades within the next 24 hours that will end up screwing things up.

Random thoughts....
- Feel like Sengun could be in play at 6. Whether that's to OKC themselves, or Toronto if they trade back.
- Think Giddey could be fun on the Warriors at 7, but not ready to put him there yet.
- Don't think Franz Wagner makes it past 9.
- Pretty confident in Kai Jones to Charlotte. Lamelo and Hayward's ability to make the game easy for him offensively helps with some of the worries I have. He really just needs to play hard on both ends. Good upside play.

1. Pistons- Cade Cunningham
2. Rockets- Jalen Green
3. Cavs- Evan Mobley
4. Raptors- Jalen Suggs
5. Magic- Scottie Barnes
6. Thunder- James Bouknight
7. Warriors- Franz Wagner
8. Magic- Jonathan Kuminga
9. Kings- Alperen Sengun
10. Grizzlies- Moses Moody
11. Hornets- Kai Jones
12. Spurs- Josh Giddey
13. Pacers- Davion Mitchell
14. Warriors- Chris Duarte
15. Wizards- Corey Kispert
16. Thunder- Keon Johnson
17. Pelicans- Usman Garuba
18. Thunder- Jalen Johnson
19. Knicks- Trey Murphy
20. Hawks- Sharife Cooper
21. Knicks- Jared Butler
22. Lakers- Jaden Springer
23. Rockets- Ziaire Williams
24. Rockets- Isaiah Jackson
25. Clippers- Day'Ron Sharpe
26. Nuggets- Cam Thomas
27. Nets- Tre Mann
28. Sixers- Josh Primo
29. Suns- Ayo Dosunmu
30. Jazz- Isaiah Todd

Miles McBride and Ayo Dosunmu would be disappointing in my eyes for Houston at 23 and 24

Also Jalen Green's IG is just @ jalen. How he has that is kinda impressive
Really? McBride is going to be a guy who plays in the league for a while. Not big on Ayo though.

Cade reminds hybrid of D'Angelo Russell Paul George. I have the same concerns about him not being able to consistently break down the defense and get to the cup similar to DLo, but he's bigger and should be able to bully guys.

He's not as explosive as PG, but has the smooth jumper off the bounce and is more natural passer/playmaker.

Really torn on his ceiling.

Back
Top Bottom