2025 NBA Draft Thread

I get why you're doing it, but to put Green and Barnes in the same "star" conversation is silly

It was well known that After the top 3, the "star" potential fell off significantly

Barnes will be compared to Suggs/Kuminga etc. that's fair game. If Barnes becomes anywhere the star that Green should be, that's a huge bonus

less things have to go right for Kuminga, Suggs even a guy like Sengun to be elite players

Barnes needs a lot imo. I think its much more unlikely.

Scottie Barnes on the other hand

needs to learn to pass like Draymond, protect the rim, put on enough weight to play center and be able to hit some 3's

and then maybe he'll be a star. :smh:
Draymond only shot 3’s for 1 season, it’s not important to what he does

learning to shoot some 3's is like the easiest thing on that list.

even if I subtract that, it's a tough lift. that's why draymond is so unique.
Right but ppl still luv Dray now without shooting or scoring ability, he’s “important” Don’t think it would be that hard for Barnes to get to that level if he understands the game …Dray can score 6 pts and ppl will say how great he played :lol:

Right but ppl still luv Dray now without shooting or scoring ability, he’s “important” Don’t think it would that hard for Barnes to get to that level if he understands the game …Dray can score 6 pts and ppl will say how great he played :lol:

- become an all time great passer at his position.
- put on weight to play center
but maintain enough mobility and burst to guard on the perimeter and protect the rim.

seems hard to me. but I guess we shall see.

Seem like Toronto really leaning into the elite role player archetype and just hoping their development program can squeeze the most

It’s def fair to say Suggs and kuminga have easier paths to stardom. But as long as Barnes isn’t a non shooter, I think he’s on his way to becoming an OG type caliber but even higher ceiling with the playmaking

Scottie Barnes on the other hand

needs to learn to pass like Draymond, protect the rim, put on enough weight to play center and be able to hit some 3's

and then maybe he'll be a star. :smh:
Hope he turns out, but to pass on Suggs .... Craziness IMO. Time will tell though!

Back
Top Bottom