2025 NBA Draft Thread

Magic fans rn after overreacting to Chet's first game

denzel-relieved (1).gif

What’s the bust potential for Paolo? Not being an all-star?

if he can't score efficiently,

then you have a big who isn't a great rebounder and doesn't protect the rim.
and history says that's recipe for a bust, Marvin Bagley, Anthony Bennett, Derrick Williams ect.

I've been burned by too many of those 4s over the years that I was hesitant on Paolo.. but I want to believe

if he can't score efficiently,

then you have a big who isn't a great rebounder and doesn't protect the rim.
and history says that's recipe for a bust, Marvin Bagley, Anthony Bennett, Derrick Williams ect.
I think his handle and jumper, along with the passing, is why he wouldn’t fall by the wayside like those guys. Feel like he is a relatively efficient scorer.

Lacking defense is why I thought his overall ceiling was a little lower. He’ll stick around because of his offense though.

Were their problems that they couldn't score efficiently or that they couldn't score at all?

i mean it's basically the same thing,
if you can't score efficiently, eventually they stop passing you the ball.

point is offense first bigs, who can't play c have to really deliver on offense to have a place in the league.

I think his handle and jumper, along with the passing, is why he wouldn’t fall by the wayside like those guys. Feel like he is a relatively efficient scorer.

Lacking defense is why I thought his overall ceiling was a little lower. He’ll stick around because of his offense though.

sure, im not making a prediction, im just saying I could see how he could be a bust.

his floor imo is lower than Chet and Jabari imo.

Literally none of those guys ever got to that point where they just stopped getting the ball because they weren't "efficient".

Bennett...we found out flat couldn't play from Day One. Passing him the ball was never an option.

Derrick Williams we found out couldn't play very early on as well and that his jump shot @ Zona was a fluke. He too never advanced to the point of even being a 3rd/4th option.

Marvin Bagley is a rim running big who they thought would figure out how to shoot. He certainly didn't come in w/ the pedigree of being a guy who could go and get his own shot.

None of those guys came into the league with a "bag", which was Paolo's selling point from day one. Even if it's not efficient...if Paolo doesn't score more than those guys did out the gate something will have gone horribly wrong.

Literally none of those guys ever got to that point where they just stopped getting the ball because they weren't "efficient".

Bennett...we found out flat couldn't play from Day One. Passing him the ball was never an option.

Derrick Williams we found out couldn't play very early on as well and that his jump shot @ Zona was a fluke. He too never advanced to the point of even being a 3rd/4th option.

Marvin Bagley is a rim running big who they thought would figure out how to shoot. He certainly didn't come in w/ the pedigree of being a guy who could go and get his own shot.

None of those guys came into the league with a "bag", which was Paolo's selling point from day one. Even if it's not efficient...if Paolo doesn't score more than those guys did out the gate something will have gone horribly wrong.

1. you are over thinking this and missing the point.
offense first bigs who can't protect the rim really have to deliver on offense, they don't have another role to play if they aren't super effective on offense.

yes derrick williams and anthony Bennett and derrick Williams are not all
the exact same type of offense first big,
but they were all offense first bigs who weren't going to provide defensive value.

2. Poalo's "bag" resulted in a mediocre ts% .550
he couldn't score efficiently in college, and didn't finish well at the rim.

those other 3 guys were all better scorers coming out of the draft.

Paolo's passing looking pretty legit. Definitely a wrinkle that those bust 4s didn't have. Will allow him to be a hub.

Back
Top Bottom