2025 NBA Draft Thread

2023 NBA Draft Top 100 Big Board: Wembanyama No. 1; Whitmore in top 5; players to watch in tourney

With March Madness heating up and the regular season coming to a close, it’s time to update my 2023 NBA Draft Big Board of the top 100 prospects in the class. This is still a moving target as I get eyes on players throughout March Madness and review tape throughout the course of the collegiate and international seasons. But we have enough information to at least rank players and put them into relative ranges.

Right now, I would tier this draft class pretty simply. The top two are locked into place as Tier 1 guys. The next group is a larger one from No. 3 all the way to No. 10 or 11. I see those players as likely lottery picks (or in the case of guys like Brandon Miller or the Thompson twins, potentially much higher). The next group is a bit more open, going from No. 12 down to No. 20. I see these players as likely first-round picks. The next group, from No. 21 down to No. 36 or so, is a bit more all over the map for teams. Some teams really like Duke’s Kyle Filipowski’s movement skills at 6-foot-11 and really respect his ability to handle the ball. Others are concerned about his shooting and lack of rim protection for what could be the center role. G League Ignite’s Leonard Miller has a terrific frame, intriguing movement skills and great touch, but some scouts worry about his feel. Largely, these are imperfect prospects whose draft range is a bit wider than you’d think.

Another part of the equation worth considering is the strength of this class in comparison to 2024. The 2024 class is expected to be one of the weakest in recent memory for scouts, from the top all the way through the lottery. The 2023 draft is seen as a strong class through the lottery and into the teens but tapers off and has a lot of questions due to the lack of emergence from upperclassmen. It creates an interesting conundrum for players on the precipice of the first round: Do you try your luck in this draft, or do you return and try to go in what looks to be a wide-open lottery next year?

I would expect to see a large number of players declare for the draft and test their stock to find out what NBA teams actually think of them. If they don’t receive the draft assurances they’re looking for, we could end up in a situation in which we get a few surprise returnees to college basketball next season. The specter of that weak 2024 NBA Draft is something agents are parsing through in terms of information when trying to advise their clients.

With that being said, here’s where my top 100 stands right now:

Some quick notes

• As much as anything, I’m trying to project some ins and outs here. We’ll get that information officially soon, and I’ll update this when it comes out. But there is certainly a matter of guesswork at this stage. For instance, Florida freshman wing Riley Kugel would undeniably feature highly, but he said at a news conference last weekend that he doesn’t “have any ideas of leaving this team any time soon like transfer portal or anything like that.” Connecticut center Donovan Clingan’s high school coach was reported as saying a couple of weeks ago that, “he knows he needs more time.” Senegalese wing Thierry Darlan could still theoretically declare for this draft, but he has committed to G League Ignite for next season. I’m really interested in 6-foot-10 wing Bobi Klintman at Wake Forest long term, but he’s just emerging and would probably be better served to take the upside swing at staying and trying his luck in 2024. There are countless other examples of freshmen in whom I have some interest but find it relatively unlikely based on media comments or the rawness of their overall games that they’ll be in this draft. If you don’t see a player like that here, that’s why.
  • This board does not take team fit into account. Boston’s board will look different than Phoenix’s, and they look for different skills than the Heat do. What this board tries to do is take the general direction of the NBA and slot in players I think will play a role at the next level in the largest variety of situations. With the way the NBA is going, wings tend to end up higher on my board than bigs, as every team needs more perimeter players who are multi-positional defenders. Players with plus positional size, skill and high basketball IQs also tend to feature higher for me because those are the guys who end up being sought-after by NBA teams. Also, those are the guys I’d be looking to accumulate given where the NBA is going if I were building a team.
  • As mentioned above, I get input and information from NBA executives, college coaches and other evaluators during the process. It’s critical to have conversations with folks around the basketball community to get a well-rounded picture of a player’s future. Sometimes it’s about his background and off-court habits. Sometimes it’s about his work ethic. Other times, it’s just a conversation about whether we think a guy can play. At the end of the day, this is my ranking, and while it is reflective of the general tenor of NBA teams, it’s not necessarily what the consensus would be.

Now, let’s get to some players.

Cam Whitmore | 6-7 wing | Villanova | Rank: No. 5

Whitmore is quickly turning into one of the more polarizing prospects in the 2023 NBA Draft class and is an embodiment of why this class has been a complicated evaluation. On some level, scouts wonder if they’ve actually gotten to see the best of Whitmore this season. He was behind the eight-ball from the jump after breaking his thumb before the season, losing valuable time to get comfortable with Villanova’s defensive structures and offensive scheme. Oftentimes, it looks like the Whitmore possessions for Villanova are a bit separate from the rest of the possessions. Most of Whitmore’s makes are not assisted. He’s often responsible for creating his own looks. Even among his 3-pointers, 47 percent of them are unassisted, which is a very high number for a wing.

But it’s in those moments where Whitmore shows his upside. He’s had more than a few monster dunks this season. There are precious few 6-foot-7, 18-year-old wings with true power and explosiveness athletically who also have the body control to accelerate with a first step, decelerate, then gather their feet and create shots the way he can. This is a sick, NBA-level move from last week against Seton Hall that is unguardable.

Featuring in an offense that hasn’t exactly been all that well-rounded in terms of weapons, with below-average point guard play and a new coach in Kyle Neptune, things haven’t been easy for Whitmore. He displays shot-creation ability like this every game in flashes. He averages 12.6 points per game and has a slightly above-average 56.8 true shooting percentage, and those are pretty strong marks given the context around him. The team plays at a snail’s pace, and until Justin Moore recently came back following his Achilles tear, there haven’t been many creators around Whitmore.

It’s everything else, though, that has some scouts a bit tepid on Whitmore’s all-around game. He goes through spurts when he’s invisible, in large part because he hasn’t found a way yet to impact the game beyond scoring consistently. His defense has improved in recent weeks as he’s gained experience — he moves exceedingly well — but it hasn’t been consistently as good as you’d want it to be given his physical tools. More than that, you can count the number of advanced passing reads Whitmore has made this season on one hand. He has just 16 assists in over 600 minutes played, which would be one of the lowest assist rates among any first-round wing in the last decade. His overall feel in ball screens hasn’t been all that great. Mostly, he’s either trying to use his frame and power to barrel his way to the rim, or he’s trying to pull it back out and isolate. He misses a ton of kickouts and can stop the ball a bit too often.

I’ve heard from scouts who still believe Whitmore is the collegiate prospect this year with the highest upside. I’ve also heard from scouts who don’t buy his feel for the game enough as a team defender or passer and think he’s more of a back-half-of-the-lottery pick. I tend to default to the tools and the flashes we’ve seen as a shot creator, which is why I have him at No. 5. With how much more well-spaced the NBA court is, I think his combination of power and explosiveness is going to showcase itself even better in transition and in those wider driving lanes. NBA defenders will have to make longer rotations to cover that ground, and I think Whitmore’s combination of speed and power will be able to beat them to the spot more often at that level. His handle plus ability to gather underneath himself makes him a potentially lethal pull-up threat long term. He’s far from a finished product, and there could be some growing pains, but I’m a believer in Whitmore as a project worth undertaking high in the lottery.

Rayan Rupert | 6-7 wing | New Zealand Breakers | Rank: No. 13

The track record of Next Stars in the Australian NBL actually contributing to winning basketball is extremely small. Guys like Terrance Ferguson, R.J. Hampton and Ousmane Dieng had up-and-down, largely inefficient seasons but still went on to become first-round picks. LaMelo Ball and Josh Giddey were terrific statistically on their way to top-six selections, but their play did not lead to wins as Giddey’s Adelaide team finished seventh in 2021 and Ball’s Illawarra squad finished last in 2020. Other prospects such as Brian Bowen and Mojave King struggled to even really see minutes. Of course, all of this is OK. The goal of the Next Stars program is not necessarily to bring these young players over and ask them to carry their team to the title. The league has a strong, developmentally-focused setup that allows players to grow at their own pace.

This season, the NBL has its first impact Next Star on wins and losses. Rupert has been terrific, particularly over the second half of the season, for a New Zealand team that is currently in the NBL Finals and finished second in the regular season. At 6-foot-7 with a 7-foot-3 wingspan, Rupert has immense defensive upside, and that’s largely where he’s made his impact. He plays about 20 minutes per night for the Breakers, and while the numbers don’t look great, his impact is useful. Rupert only averages 6.2 points per game while shooting 36 percent from the field in a limited sample of shots. And over the last four games, he’s struggled to stay on the floor due to that muted offensive impact. He’s not good enough as a shooter yet, hitting just 24 percent from 3 this season. While he’s smart as a passer and playmaker for his role — he grew up as a point guard — he’s not good enough with the ball for the Breakers to take the ball out of their ballhandlers’ hands and put it into his.

But Rupert shines on defense. He is exceptionally disruptive with his feet and length. He has quick hands to get into an opposing player’s dribble at the point of attack and can pressure ballhandlers 60 feet away from the hoop and gets through screens at a super high level. Beyond that, he’s also tremendous off the ball. He scrambles super well due to his length and the way he sees the court, and his anticipation for what’s happening around him is superb. Below is a great example from an NBL semifinals game against Tasmania. You’re going to see Rupert bump the dive man off the screen from the lead guard and communicate through a potential exchange, recover out to his man, cut off a passing lane, stick with his man on a backdoor cut, track the ball and get a steal to start the run out.

This is complicated stuff for a teenager — especially in high-leverage professional playoff games. On top of all of this, the background intel from sources across the NBL is pristine. Rupert is the kind of player you basically have to lock out of the gym to stop him from overworking himself. He has a very professional demeanor and mindset regarding his career. This is why the Breakers can trust him to play difficult minutes already. Given his elite physical tools and the fact that nothing about his game is broken, he’s a terrific upside bet for teams to take, even if his offensive game might take some time over the next couple of years. I’m definitely a buyer on Rupert.

Jordan Hawkins | 6-5 wing | Connecticut | Rank: No. 15

Hawkins has closed the season about as well as any player in the country. Prior to a strange 3-point dud in a blowout win over DePaul, Hawkins averaged 20 points and 4.6 rebounds while posting a 62.5 true shooting percentage. The key skill here for Hawkins is that ability to generate 3-point shots. He’s taken 7.5 3-pointers per game this season, making them at a 38.4 percent clip. But I think that kind of undersells how elite his potential is as a 3-point gunner. I don’t think there is a better player in this draft class at flying off screens at high speeds in NBA-like sets, catching and shooting.

Look at this guy. It seems so frustrating to have to deal with Hawkins flying off screens and movement all game.

One of the hardest things to do as a shooter is to catch the ball with your body turned away from the rim with your momentum going away from it, plant your feet off the hop, go up for the shot wrong-footed then realign your body in mid-air, find your balance and weight transfer into the shot while turning and make the shot all in one motion. That’s a lot! Hawkins does all of this within the same second in this clip. This is a ridiculously impressive shot, and it actually needed to happen all within that single second because one of the best defensive players in the country, Devin Carter, is chasing him. It’s easier to see how insane this is in still form. I captured the moment Hawkins caught it, when he’s still in the air; the moment his feet land, where his left foot is in front of his right; and the moment of release, where Hawkins has turned his body to get his elbow in alignment with the rim.

This is what’s required of elite floor spacers in the NBA. Shooting windows close so fast at that level due to the length and athleticism of the players in the NBA. And that’s why so few players are capable of doing it. The balance, speed and touch required are incredibly difficult to find. Hawkins can do it, and he can do it at 6-foot-5 with a high release point, which makes it even more translatable.

Beyond that, Hawkins has improved as a ballhandler this season and become more capable of attacking heavy closeouts. He’s a better passer than his assist marks make him look. Defensively, he’s aggressive at the point of attack and has real quickness to stay in front of his man. Ultimately, where you land on Hawkins has to do with his frame. His lack of strength currently causes him issues across the board. When he tries to attack a closeout and get downhill, his momentum gets stopped if he gets bumped and recovered against. It’s hard for him to maintain the advantage he gets from his immense shooting gravity. Defensively, it’s a bit too easy to drive through his chest and force him backward — and that will be exacerbated playing in the NBA.

A Hawkins evaluation comes down to believing his frame will improve and he’ll be able to put on more weight as he ages while maintaining the same flexibility and speed that make him such a force off movement as a shooter. I buy into him because how rapidly he is improving as a player.

Dereck Lively II | 7-foot-1 center | Duke | Rank: No. 22

Lively struggled immensely to open the season. He couldn’t stay on the floor due to foul problems, and his offensive game is rudimentary at best. The latter remains true. Lively averages just 5.1 points per game, and it didn’t really get that much better in ACC play, where he only averaged 5.7 points while taking just 3.7 shots per game. He is very limited by his lack of shooting ability and his inability to put the ball on the deck.

But here’s the other thing: On a per minute basis, I don’t think there was a better player defensively in ACC play than Lively. He completely shut down the paint to obscene levels for the Blue Devils. Per Pivot Analysis, when Lively was on the court in ACC play, the team was 8.2 points per 100 possessions better on defense than when he was off the court. They won Lively minutes by nearly 12 points per 100 possessions versus by only 3.3 points when he was off the court. From Jan. 28 onward, Duke won its minutes with Lively by nearly 18 points per 100 possessions, and its possessions with Lively, Kyle Filipowski and Tyrese Proctor by 22 points per 100 possessions. They were dominant in those situations. Particularly, opponents only shot 45.6 percent at the rim with Lively on the court in those situations versus 54.2 percent when he was off the court. In that 11-game stretch in which Duke went 9-2, he also swatted over three shots per game.

I understand giving the ACC Defensive Player of the Year award to Reece Beekman from a consistency perspective. But make no mistake: heading into March Madness, Lively is the elite defensive difference-maker everyone projected him to be when he entered college as a consensus top-five recruit in the country and a likely one-and-done. His offensive game has been so limited that I don’t think he can go in the lottery, but he should end up becoming a first-round pick.

Other notes
  • The Thompson twins swept the OTE playoffs flat, with the City Reapers beating the YNG Dreamerz 3-0. Both Amen and Ausar hit shots the final seconds of separate games to win in the finals. I remain exceedingly high on both long term and think they end up being selected in the top 10. Ausar, particularly, was terrific in all three finals games, averaging 21.3 points and three assists. He has helped himself in the minds of scouts over the last month or so with his terrific play.
  • UCF forward Taylor Hendricks is the name I get most from scouts when I ask, “What player will go higher than currently projected?” The appeal of Hendricks is easy. He’s 6-foot-9 with real explosiveness. He’s light on his feet, which gives him some real upside on defense as both a switchable defender and a weakside rim protector. On top of that, he has averaged over 15 points per game as a freshman and hit over 40 percent of his 3s. That’s a very easy pitch to teams constantly on the search for players with positional size and shooting ability. I’ve moved him firmly into lottery range following that advice from scouts.
  • As my podcast partner Adam Spinella noted on a recent Game Theory episode, the last time the Pac-12 didn’t have a first-round pick was 1988 (shout out to Steve Kerr, who went 50th that year). This is the first year since 2010 that will put that streak at risk, when Washington’s Quincy Pondexter didn’t hear his name called until 26th overall. My top rated Pac-12 prospect right now is Jaime Jaquez Jr., whom I currently have at No. 29. Beneath him is his teammate at UCLA, Jaylen Clark, at No. 40. The West Coast Conference currently has more top-60 prospects than the Pac-12 on my board.
  • Speaking of the WCC, one hot name in draft circles is Santa Clara guard Brandin Podziemski. My colleague John Hollinger is always on the lookout for those non-Los Angeles-based West Coast and Mountain West prospects whom scouts sometimes overlook, and he wrote about him earlier this week. I’m definitely intrigued by Podziemski due to his ability to shoot, but I don’t really buy anything else he brings to the table. Podziemski averaged 19.9 points, 8.8 rebounds and 3.5 assists while shooting 43.6 percent from 3. And he’s strong coming off dribble-handoffs and movement. But he looks to be a bit shorter than his listed 6-foot-5, and he isn’t all that athletic by NBA standards. I think the numbers are a touch inflated because the WCC had the highest offensive efficiency mark of any conference in the country this season, in part because the league’s defenses are not very good outside of Saint Mary’s. In 11 games against Tier A competition, according to KenPom, Podziemski had a meaningful drop in true shooting percentage. And in the six games against just Tier A competition (so the toughest six games he played), Podziemski had a below-average 53.5 true shooting percentage and saw meaningful dips in defensive rebounding rate and assist rate. Much like the rest of the league, I don’t really buy his speed on the defensive end. I see him as an intriguing two-way candidate this year if he were to enter the draft. But I’m just not there with a first round grade at all. The pathway is something in the vicinity of Luke Kennard, and Kennard was a better shooter with shiftier hips and more ball skill.
  • One name I expect to pick up steam is Omari Moore out of San Jose State. Moore was the Mountain West Player of the Year, averaging 17.5 points, 4.6 rebounds and 4.7 assists per game while improving his shooting as essentially a 6-foot-6 point guard. Moore is everything for a resurgent Spartans program under Tim Miles, whose 19 wins this season are the school’s most in over 40 years. He’s one of those players who does everything pretty well even if he’s not necessarily elite at anything by NBA standards. He doesn’t take anything off the floor as long as his shooting continues to improve, something NBA teams always look for in role players. His well-rounded game seems tailor-made for a situation like the Miami Heat, who have made a living unearthing and developing these undervalued skill wings.
  • There are a couple of other upperclassmen I really like who haven’t gotten a ton of publicity. Marquette 6-foot-9 big Oso Ighodaro is arguably the most versatile screener and dribble-handoff big in all of college basketball. He’s the key to that Marquette offense currently in the top five nationally. I love Tyler Kolek’s passing and playmaking ability, but we saw last season how inefficient his game can look without someone like Ighodaro consistently creating that separation for him with his quick hands and quick feet in those screen/handoff exchanges. Ighodaro’s ability to flip screens and get Kolek into the middle of the floor, in addition to his short-roll passing and playmaking (he averages 3.3 assists per game), is what makes Marquette’s offense go. Marquette assists on about 60 percent of his field goals, which is top 20 in the country. Ighodaro learning to shoot from distance and continuing to improve his ability to defend in space would be enormous for his future. But I love the baseline skills he brings every single night, being involved in almost everything that Marquette runs with Kolek.
  • I’m also a little bit surprised Miami guard Isaiah Wong hasn’t started to creep into conversations. The ACC Player of the Year is very shifty with the ball and has drastically improved his shooting, both in terms of shot selection and overall mechanics. He’s averaging 16 points per game on a deep Miami team, but the more important part is that he’s up to 38 percent from 3 while also nearly doubling his assist rate. Given how crafty he is as a separator with the ball in his hands, I’m a believer in Wong having a real shot at the next level to be an offensive creator who can play on or off the ball. He’s a two-way grade for me, but it’s weird he hasn’t gotten much love.
  • I want to highlight a few small-school players we’re going to see in the Big Dance. Furman wing Jalen Slawson is a terrific athlete, passer and all-around player at 6-foot-7. He won the SoCon Player of the Year award and took the Paladins to the tournament. He’s a solid two-way grade for me. Drake’s Tucker DeVries isn’t a senior like Slawson and has some time to figure out his game, but much like Hawkins above, he is an elite movement shooter at 6-foot-7. The only issue for DeVries is that he is quite a deficient athlete in terms of explosiveness. He’s sharp and averaged 19 points on his way to the Missouri Valley Player of the Year award. I think he’d be my pick for the mid-major player most likely to carry his team to an upset win. Finally, Drew Pember at UNC Asheville has put on his best Kelly Olynyk impression this season, dominating as an inside-out presence who can fire from 3 and score inside with touch. He was the Big South Player of the Year, and while he’s a bit skinny, there are few more skilled bigs in the country. Look for these three to really fire away and give their teams a shot.

Kinda wild how the consensus #1, 'best prospect since Lebron' can have a game and nobody really gives a damn :lol:. Feel like Thon Maker had a bigger buzz than Vic coming out. Just the out of sight out of mind element of an overseas player

2023 NBA mock draft: 12 prospects likely playing their last college games

In an NBA draft class with little consensus outside the top two, big moments on the biggest stages of college basketball could be what breaks this year's young prospects into tiers of team draft boards. But unfortunately for NBA teams and fans, some of the top players in this draft will not be participating in the NCAA tournament, including four of the top five prospects in our top 100 (overseas, G League Ignite and Overtime Elite). Still, this upcoming week is a crucial and final opportunity for teams to get a live evaluation of many NBA hopefuls at the college level.

These final impressions can carry significant weight in the minds of executives, as not all NBA decision-makers have had opportunities to scout every player live over the course of the season. The tournaments create somewhat of a mad dash for scouts to see as many games and players as possible.

For some prospects on bad teams, the end of the season has felt inevitable and imminent for several weeks now. Still, finishing on a strong note would certainly benefit their draft stock as few NBA teams are actively looking to add players with question marks about competitiveness.

Along with our latest 2023 NBA mock, here are 12 players we'll likely be saying farewell to at the college level this week, barring a miraculous run in their conference tournament or an invite to the often-ignored NIT postseason tournament.

First round
1. Detroit Pistons
Victor Wembanyama | Metropolitans 92 | PF/C | Age: 19.1
More: How to watch Wembanyama, his stats, schedule and news
2. Houston Rockets
Scoot Henderson | G League Ignite | PG | Age: 19.0
3. San Antonio Spurs
Brandon Miller | Alabama | SF | Age: 20.2
4. Charlotte Hornets
Amen Thompson | Overtime Elite | PG/SG | Age: 20.0
5. Orlando Magic
Ausar Thompson | Overtime Elite | SG/SF | Age: 20.0
6. Indiana Pacers
Jarace Walker | Houston | PF | Age: 19.5
7. Utah Jazz
Nick Smith Jr. | Arkansas | PG/SG| Age: 18.8
8. Oklahoma City Thunder
Cam Whitmore | Villanova | SF/PF | Age: 18.6
9. Orlando Magic (from Chicago)
Keyonte George | Baylor | SG | Age: 19.3
10. Portland Trail Blazers
Anthony Black | Arkansas | PG/SG | Age: 19.1
11. Washington Wizards
Gradey **** | Kansas | SG/SF | Age: 19.2
12. New Orleans Pelicans
Jalen Hood-Schifino | Indiana | PG/SG | Age: 19.7
13. Los Angeles Lakers
Cason Wallace | Kentucky | PG/SG | Age: 19.3
14. Atlanta Hawks
Taylor Hendricks | UCF | PF | Age: 19.2
15. Toronto Raptors
Jett Howard | Michigan | SG/SF | Age: 19.4
16. Utah Jazz (from Minnesota)
Rayan Rupert | New Zealand Breakers | SG/SF | Age: 18.6
17. Miami Heat
Kyle Filipowski | Duke | PF/C | Age: 19.3
18. Golden State Warriors
Brice Sensabaugh | Ohio St. | SF/PF | Age: 19.3
19. New York Knicks (from Dallas)
Kris Murray | Iowa | PF | Age: 22.5
20. Houston Rockets (from LA Clippers)
Dereck Lively II | Duke | C | Age: 19.0
21. Brooklyn Nets
Kobe Bufkin | Michigan | PG/SG | Age: 19.4
22. Brooklyn Nets (from Phoenix)
Leonard Miller | G League Ignite | SF/PF | Age: 19.2
23. Sacramento Kings
Jordan Hawkins | Connecticut | SG | Age: 20.8
24. Memphis Grizzlies
Maxwell Lewis | Pepperdine | SF | Age: 20.5
25. Portland Trail Blazers (from New York)
James Nnaji | Barcelona | C | Age: 18.5
26. Indiana Pacers (from Cleveland)
Colby Jones | Xavier | SF | Age: 20.7
27. Utah Jazz (from Philadelphia)
Gregory Jackson II | South Carolina | PF/C | Age: 18.2
28. Indiana Pacers (from Boston)
Noah Clowney | Alabama | PF | Age: 18.6
29. Charlotte Hornets (from Denver)
Dariq Whitehead | Duke | SG/SF | Age: 18.5
30. LA Clippers (from Milwaukee)
Trayce Jackson-Davis | Indiana | PF/C | Age: 23.0

Second round
31. Detroit Pistons
Sidy Cissoko | G League Ignite | SG/SF | Age: 18.9
32. Indiana Pacers (from Houston)
Kel'el Ware | Oregon | C | Age: 18.8
33. San Antonio Spurs
Dillon Mitchell | Texas | PF | Age: 19.4
34. Charlotte Hornets
Terquavion Smith | NC State | SG | Age: 20.1
35. Orlando Magic
Marcus Sasser | Houston | PG/SG | Age: 22.4
36. Sacramento Kings (from Indiana)
Jaime Jaquez Jr. | UCLA | SF | Age: 22.0
37. Charlotte Hornets (from Utah)
Keyontae Johnson | Kansas St. | SF | Age: 22.5
38. Oklahoma City Thunder
Bilal Coulibaly | Metropolitans 92 | SF | Age: 18.6
39. Washington Wizards (from Chicago)
Brandin Podziemski | Santa Clara | SG | Age: 20.0
40. Boston Celtics (from Portland)
Mouhamed Gueye | Washington State | PF/C | Age: 20.3
41. Denver Nuggets (from Washington)
Ricky Council IV | Arkansas | SG/SF | Age: 21.5
42. New Orleans Pelicans
Nikola Durisic | MEGA MIS | SG/SF | Age: 19.0
43. Los Angeles Lakers
Coleman Hawkins | Illinois | PF | Age: 21.2
44. Portland Trail Blazers (from Atlanta)
Jalen Wilson | Kansas | SF/PF | Age: 22.3
45. San Antonio Spurs (from Toronto)
Zach Edey | Purdue | C | Age: 20.8
46. Memphis Grizzlies (from Minnesota)
Adem Bona | UCLA | C | Age: 19.9
47. Boston Celtics (from Miami)
Julian Phillips | Tennessee | SF | Age: 19.3
48. Cleveland Cavaliers (from Golden State)
Tristan Vukcevic | Partizan | PF/C | Age: 19.9
49. Denver Nuggets (from Dallas)
Terrence Shannon Jr. | Illinois | SG/SF | Age: 22.6
50. LA Clippers
Reece Beekman | Virginia | PG | Age: 21.4
51. Brooklyn Nets
Andre Jackson | UConn | SG/SF | Age: 21.3
52. Phoenix Suns
Emoni Bates | Eastern Michigan | SG/SF | Age: 19.1
53. Sacramento Kings
Baylor Scheierman | Creighton | SF | Age: 22.4
54. Memphis Grizzlies
Ryan Kalkbrenner | Creighton | C | Age: 21.1
55. Minnesota Timberwolves (from New York)
Jaylen Clark | UCLA | SG/SF | Age: 21.3
56. Indiana Pacers (from Cleveland)
Kobe Brown | Missouri | PF/C | Age: 23.1
57. Washington Wizards (from Boston)
Julian Strawther | Gonzaga | SF | Age: 20.7
58. Milwaukee Bucks
Kevin McCullar Jr. | Kansas | SF | Age: 21.8

Note: The Chicago Bulls and Philadelphia 76ers each forfeited a 2023 second-round draft pick.

Cam Whitmore | 6-foot-7 | SF | Age: 18.6 | Villanova | No. 8 in Top 100

As documented last month, it has been an up-and-down season for Villanova (16-15) and Whitmore, the Wildcats' highly touted freshman. They'll need to win three more games in three days at the Big East tournament to avoid missing the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2012. Nevertheless, there's a lot to like about what Whitmore offers from a physical standpoint and the flashes he has shown as a shot-creator and shot-maker. Additionally, he doesn't turn 19 until July.

After Whitmore played some of his best basketball over the past few games, NBA teams hope to see him progress as a passer, perimeter shooter and defender in what are likely to be the final games of his college career. Those are all areas he has been inconsistent with this season. How much urgency Whitmore has to offer under the bright lights of Madison Square Garden will be a point of interest, as his intensity level disappointed at times this season.

Taylor Hendricks | 6-9 | PF | Age: 19.2 | UCF | No. 13 in Top 100

UCF showed some early promise but ultimately faded, finished 8-10 in AAC play and fell to the No. 7 seed in the AAC conference tournament. It now faces the daunting task of winning four games in four days to prolong its season.

It's tough to lay much blame for that on Hendricks, who has been easily one of the most productive (and consistent) freshmen in college basketball, giving him a clear case for lottery consideration as an explosive, energetic, 6-9 multipositional defender who is shooting 42% from 3. Unlike some surprise under-the-radar underclassmen, Hendricks' productivity only increased as the season moved on, even against better competition that he mostly excelled against.

Finishing on a strong note would be helpful, as a handful of executives might be getting their first live look at Hendricks this weekend, but his body of work is strong after 30 games.

Jett Howard | 6-8 | SG/SF | Age: 19.4 | Michigan | No. 15 in Top 100
Kobe Bufkin | 6-4 | PG/SG | Age: 19.4 | Michigan | No. 24 in Top 100

Two Big Ten tournament wins over Rutgers and Purdue on Thursday and Friday seem to be needed to give Michigan any hope of earning a spot in the NCAA tournament.

Howard, in particular, could benefit from a strong end to the season to solidify his standing with NBA teams, as he has struggled at times in Big Ten action, shooting just 42% from 2-point range in 17 conference games while not bringing enough as a rebounder or defender to compensate for his inability to create efficient offense inside the arc.

Howard has still flashed what makes him an intriguing NBA prospect as a 6-8 wing with dynamic shooting ability and range, ability to pull up off the dribble and impressive vision passing on the move, but he has been somewhat passive inserting himself into games. His exceptionally poor playmaking numbers defensively (0.5 steals, 0.9 blocks, 3.6 rebounds per 40) are certain to hurt him with NBA analytics models. Some teams wonder, however, whether he will return to school for his sophomore season considering his father, Juwan, is his coach and he wasn't initially considered a one-and-done candidate. Missing the NCAA tournament could accelerate that process, and potentially cause teammates Bufkin and Hunter Dickinson to consider doing the same.

While Howard has been streaky, Bufkin has taken his game to another level over the past 10 games, ramping up his aggressiveness significantly, improving his perimeter shooting (45% 3P%) and emerging as one of the most disruptive defenders in the Big Ten. With his outstanding open-court speed and increasing comfort as a ball handler, decision-maker and pull-up shooter in the half court -- and because he's the same age or younger than many freshmen projected to be one-and-done -- there's a lot to like about Bufkin's long-term outlook.

For Michigan to prolong its season, it'll need Bufkin to continue to attack defenses as relentlessly as he has over the past two-plus months.

Regardless of how the season ends, teams are certain to be interested in what Bufkin elects to do this spring despite his thin frame and still-developing playmaking ability.

Brice Sensabaugh | 6-6 | SF/PF | Age: 19.3 | Ohio State | No. 18 in Top 100

At 5-15 in Big Ten play, Ohio State is in the midst of its worst season in 25 years. That's something NBA scouts will certainly weigh when evaluating the gaudy scoring production of super freshman Sensabaugh, who has hit a wall over the past 10 games from an efficiency standpoint, shooting 30% for 3 and 50% inside the arc.

Even with Sensabaugh's recent struggles, he's still the second-most-prolific per-minute scorer in college basketball among projected draft picks, trailing only runaway National Player of the Year favorite Zach Edey. Sensabaugh has a clear case to be considered the best perimeter shooter in this draft in terms of volume and accuracy (42% 3P%) and is far from being just a shooter, also showing quite a bit of potential in the pick-and-roll, when creating one-on-one and as a post-scorer; he's capable of putting the ball in the basket from anywhere on the floor.

The biggest questions revolve around his defense, where he's stuck between positions as a 6-6 power forward with average length, a husky frame and inconsistent intensity and awareness that causes him to be frequently targeted and scored on by opponents.

As the No. 13 seed in the loaded Big Ten tournament, just advancing another day or two would be considered a major success for the Buckeyes, something Sensabaugh will play a large role in on both ends of the floor. How much progress Sensabaugh can make with his body during the pre-draft process (assuming he elects to enter the draft) will be even more crucial, as NBA teams want to see him get in much better shape to take him as seriously as his outstanding scoring production suggests they should.

Maxwell Lewis | 6-7 | SG | Age: 20.6 | Pepperdine | No. 25 in Top 100

Lewis' season is already finished after Pepperdine limped to a 2-14 record in WCC play and a first-round exit in the conference tournament to lowly Pacific.

Lewis looked like he elected to enter the NBA draft in January and simply forgot to tell anyone, as he seemingly just went through the motions for much of conference play, shooting an alarming 47% from 2-point range and 26% from 3 with more turnovers than assists while playing even less defense than usual, even by his porous standards. Lewis will now need to answer difficult questions to convince teams in workouts and interviews that he's a better competitor than what he displayed, and that his situation and coaching staff had as much to do with his underachieving play.

Despite the red flags, there will be a long line of NBA teams looking to learn more about Lewis during the pre-draft process. Everyone is looking for fluid, long-armed 6-7 wings with shot creation, shot-making versatility and upside, especially late bloomers like him.

Gregory Jackson II | 6-9 | PF | Age: 18.2 | South Carolina | No. 26 in Top 100

Jackson clearly wasn't ready to be a featured option as a just-turned-18-year-old in the SEC, shooting an abysmal 38% from 2-point range and 29% from 3 with nearly three times as many turnovers as assists in conference play. NBA teams say he's one of the more difficult evaluations they've seen in recent years, as it has been difficult to stay optimistic about his long-term outlook considering the poor decision-making, defense and production he has displayed for much of the season.

Even more alarming has been the way Jackson has responded to his own struggles, be it calling out his coaching staff on social media from the locker room or displaying poor body language on the sidelines on multiple occasions, indicating a distinct lack of maturity. Jackson has gone from being the No. 1 recruit in his high school class to no sure thing as far as hearing his name called in the first round, meaning he has a significant amount of work ahead of him during the pre-draft process to alleviate the concerns around him if he indeed elects to enter the NBA draft.

Terquavion Smith | 6-4 | SG | Age: 20.1 | N.C. State | No. 32 in Top 100

NC State had some work to do at the ACC tournament to ensure its spot in the NCAA tournament but managed to blow out Virginia Tech to likely avoid a nervous evening on Selection Sunday. Defeating Clemson on Thursday (9:30 p.m. ET, ESPN2) would be advisable to ensure it isn't left out.

Part of the reason the Wolfpack are in this situation is the highly inconsistent play of Smith, who isn't having the sophomore season NBA teams expected when he surprisingly elected to return to school last May after a strong showing at the NBA combine.

Smith is shooting a disappointing 39% from 2-point range and 33% from 3 in conference play, living off tough shots while appearing to make very little progress on the defensive end, where he still plays a very lackadaisical style.

He can still heat up and absolutely bury teams with his incredible shot-making prowess, but he has been pretty feast or famine against better competition this season. He'll have a lot of NBA eyeballs on him this weekend to see if he can carry his team into the tournament in some of the biggest games he has played to this point in his career.

Kel'el Ware | 7-0 | C | Age: 18.8 | Oregon | No. 34 in Top 100

Ware lost his spot in Oregon's rotation as the season moved on, playing sparsely as of late in non-blowout situations. Considering the stakes of the Pac-12 tournament, with Oregon likely needing to win three games in three days to make the NCAA tournament, it's questionable whether Ware has built up enough equity with Oregon's coaching staff to see the floor outside of spot minutes, making it difficult to see him moving the needle with his play this weekend.

Ware's freshman season has been a disaster since losing his spot in the starting lineup in mid-December. He hasn't been able to bring the competitiveness or intensity needed in games or practices to earn any trust or momentum from coach Dana Altman, and his feel for the game has been severely lacking. Ware will need to perform very well in the pre-draft process, especially in interviews, to combat the significant negativity that is currently surrounding him off the court.

Brandin Podziemski | 6-5 | SG | Age: 20.0 | Santa Clara | No. 39 in Top 100

It's hard to find a more productive player in college basketball over the past 10 games. Podziemski is averaging an outstanding 23.8 points, 10.2 rebounds, 4.1 assists and 1.5 steals while shooting 57% for 2 and 48% for 3 over that stretch, helping him win co-WCC player of the year honors. Unfortunately for him, and NBA scouts, Podziemski's NCAA tournament hopes were dashed when Santa Clara lost in double overtime in the WCC tournament quarterfinals, leaving the Broncos hoping for an NIT invite on Sunday.

Podziemski is shooting 45% for 3 on the season, but is much more than that, seeing a significant amount of offense handling in pick and roll, in isolation, pushing in transition, or coming off screens. He is smart when operating off hesitation moves, splitting or rejecting ball screens, and passing on the move, but has seen his production drop off fairly dramatically against better competition this season, shooting just 43% inside the arc with nearly as many turnovers as assists against top-100 caliber competition. NBA teams have some concerns about Podziemski's physical tools, as he doesn't boast great size, length or frame and has had some tough moments defensively one-on-one against better competition. With that said, he clearly brings an intriguing combination of toughness and smarts which allowed him to lead the WCC in rebounding and post a strong 1.8 steals per game.

Mouhamed Gueye | 7-0 | PF/C | Age: 20.3 | Washington State | No. 40 in Top 100

Gueye is faced with the tall task of winning four games in four days to secure a spot in the NCAA tournament, but NBA scouts will be encouraged by the progress he has shown as a sophomore, something he can continue to build on with a strong Pac-12 tournament. The 7-footer with a 7-4 wingspan is one of the most explosive players in college, and he has been able to show more wrinkles this season as the focal point of Washington State's offense, be it creating for himself or others while facing the basket, in the post, as a roller, running the floor or crashing the offensive glass.

Gueye's lack of strength, average feel for the game and limitations as a perimeter shooter and decision-maker still need to be ironed out, and there are questions about which position he's best suited guarding considering he weighs just 203 pounds, things that might ultimately cause him to return for another season.

Emoni Bates | 6-9 | SG/SF | Age: 19.1 | Eastern Michigan | No. 51 in Top 100

Bates wasn't able to get Eastern Michigan into the MAC tournament, as his team went 5-13 in conference play and 8-23 overall, meaning his season ended March 3. Bates had some moments, dropping a combined 66 points against South Carolina and Michigan, but was more or less a net negative in conference play He posted a paltry 49% true shooting percentage with far more turnovers than assists and while being a sieve defensively, often looking like he was barely trying while playing selfish basketball.

This probably wasn't what NBA scouts or Bates envisioned when he elected to transfer from Memphis last spring, and he has work ahead of him now to be a sure-fire draft pick if he enters. Standing 6-9 and having just turned 19 years old in late January, Bates' tough shot-making prowess and overall scoring instincts hold some appeal, but he plays such a losing brand of basketball on both ends of the floor, making him a relatively tough sell.

Honestly questioned Brandon millers heart when he went through that slump

Hes got some hooper in him

Somewhere between a 6’8 buddy hield and Middleton is my hope. Can’t be mad at that

Watching some of Scoot's G-league games after reading that...pretty clear to see Russell Westbrook is his favorite player. He's extremely demonstrative and cussing at someone or no one non-stop :lol::smh:

Last edited:

Is there a race for the second pick in the draft? Henderson has been the presumptive No. 2 pick all season, but while Alabama’s Brandon Miller puts together a big season on the court, Henderson’s up-and-down play in the G League has started to raise some eyebrows. I watched him play in College Park on Wednesday night as he scored 17 points in a 131-105 blowout loss; after a 13-point first quarter, he was basically invisible the rest of the night.

First, let’s start with the good news. Henderson is very clearly an elite athlete, and that is going to translate immediately to an NBA floor. Look at this move early in the game in College Park; suffice to say nobody else in the G League is taking two enormous steps from the 3-point line and dunking like this:

And yet … when Henderson can’t get a head of steam in transition his play devolves toward ordinary. Opponents go under ball screens and leave him settling for pull-up jumpers, which he takes in bunches but doesn’t convert at a particularly high rate. Henderson also rarely draws fouls, getting to the line just 72 times in 25 games this year. For somebody with his athleticism, that’s shocking. He’s also not much of a 3-point threat, shooting both infrequently and not all that accurately: converting just 22 of his 68 tries on the season

His line on Wednesday was fairly typical — 17 points on 7-of-19 shooting, with five assists and four turnovers. Henderson averages 17.6 points and 6.4 assists on 44.3 percent shooting for the year, so it’s not like I witnessed some wild outlier. Defensively, he wasn’t overtly awful but you wouldn’t say he made an impact either, and at certain junctures he clearly could have done more.

For instance, He had two fouls here and that factored into his decision, but I mean, c’mon, dude.

Big picture, it’s another wobbly data point for the G League Ignite program. Henderson’s numbers haven’t improved at all (PER 14.9 this year versus 15.2 last year, shooting 44.3 percent versus 44.9 percent), and his most obvious weakness, perimeter shooting, hasn’t shown any real improvement either.

On the other hand, Henderson’s own work ethic seems exemplary, and might actually be part of the issue: a staffer told me he was already on the arena floor practicing at 3 p.m. for a 7 p.m. game, which would have meant he worked out for over two hours on a game day. (He wasn’t just lobbing free throws, either.) When I got there they were actually trying to pull him off the floor for a media hit and he was continuing to work. Seeing him dominate the first quarter before fading, I’m wondering if he was spent by halftime.

Overall, my takeaway is that watching Henderson is similar to watching Derrick Rose or Anthony Edwards in college, where you have to take the results with a grain of salt and understand the freakish athleticism underlying his game. That said, he’s going to have to develop a reliable jump shot to justify being the second pick in the draft, and he also needs to put more genuine pressure on the rim. Give that he already represents a player archetype – high-scoring, shoot-first guard who generates headlines but isn’t very valuable unless it’s accompanied by high efficiency — he no longer feels like a no-brainer to go second.

Of course, Henderson’s most likely rival for that spot, Alabama’s Miller, has his own obvious questions to answer. Nonetheless, Henderson’s play has left the door open.

Brandon Miller gaining momentum for #2?

53DD5A3C-A623-48EA-B16C-3C471EE61ED4.png

2023 NBA mock draft: Drafting players competing in the NCAA tournament

The NCAA tournament starts Tuesday with the First Four in Dayton, Ohio, kicking off the most exciting three-week stretch in sports. As the field of 68 contracts to one on April 3, many of the top NBA prospects will have a chance to cement their legacy at the college level and improve their professional standing in the process.

Brandon Miller will look to lead No. 1 seed Alabama to its first Final Four and cement himself as the top college prospect drafted, potentially putting pressure on Scoot Henderson for the No. 2 pick in the process.

Jarace Walker will be vying to take coach Kelvin Sampson and Houston back to the Final Four for the second time in three years and attempt to win the Cougars' first national championship as the No. 1 seed in the Midwest.

In honor of March Madness, ESPN's NBA draft expert Jonathan Givony compiled a mock draft strictly using players participating in the NCAA tournament. The names at the top will look familiar, despite the absence of Henderson, Victor Wembanyama and the Thompson twins (Amen and Ausar), but other prospects make their debut in this unique mock draft exercise and will be potential Cinderella stories to follow this weekend and beyond.

Note: The projected 2023 draft order is based on ESPN BPI draft projections as of Monday. The full 1-58 order also reflects picks owed and owned.

1. Detroit Pistons
Brandon Miller | Freshman | Alabama | 6-foot-9 | SF | Age: 20.2
19.6 points per game, 8.3 rebounds per game, 2.0 assists per game
When: No. 1 Alabama vs. TBD | Thursday | 2:45 p.m. | CBS
What to watch for: Miller will be the most closely scrutinized prospect in the tournament after rising dramatically up draft boards thanks to winning SEC player of the year and an All-American season. Standing 6-foot-9 with the ability to handle, pass and shoot, Miller fits a clear mold every NBA team is actively seeking in the modern game, being able to slide seamlessly between being a big guard or a small-ball power forward. He brings a high skill level, dynamic shot-making prowess, a strong feel for the game and enough competitiveness defensively.
NBA teams are still looking to get a better feel for Miller's ability to be called on to generate efficient offense late in games and with the shot clock running down. There's a big gap between the best and worst teams in the SEC this season, and Miller was somewhat of a mixed bag against better competition, seeing his shooting percentages drop dramatically in the 16 games Alabama has faced off with top-50 caliber competition, shooting just 42% inside the arc and 34% for 3, with a poor assist-to-turnover ratio, per Bart Torvik.
How Miller fares in high-leverage moments as the stakes rise in the NCAA tournament will go a long way in determining his ability to solidify himself as the No. 3 prospect in the draft and potentially even challenge Scoot Henderson at No. 2 with the somewhat underwhelming season Henderson is having for the G League Ignite.

2. Houston Rockets
Nick Smith Jr. | Freshman | Arkansas | 6-5 | PG/SG | Age: 18.8
14.0 PPG, 2.0 APG, 1.8 RPG
When: No. 8 Arkansas vs. No. 9 Illinois | Thursday | 4:30 p.m. | TBS
What to watch for: After the freshman guard missed 19 games with knee injuries, NBA teams say they still have a lot to learn about Smith, who is just starting to round into the form that made him the No. 1 prospect in college basketball entering the season.
Smith had the unenviable task of being thrown straight into SEC competition and building chemistry with teammates on the fly, something that has looked like a work in progress at times. The fact that he is 18 years old and weighs only 185 pounds hasn't made things any easier.
Smith fits a clear and coveted NBA mold as a shot-creating guard who can shoot off the bounce, pass off a live dribble, finish with creativity around the rim and bring strong competitiveness defensively. He isn't afraid of the moment and plays with an edge on both ends of the floor. And he impressed NBA scouts by playing at all right now, as most projected top-10 picks in his position would have elected to shut down their season amid injury concerns.
Smith's lack of strength and high-end explosiveness has made it difficult for him to generate efficient offense at times this season. He is shooting 44% inside the arc and 35% beyond it and hasn't yet been able to show what truly makes him unique as a potential big point guard with his strong vision and unselfishness that haven't fully been realized yet in college.
Arkansas doesn't have an easy road to the second weekend of the NCAA tournament, as a No. 8 seed playing against No. 9 Illinois and potentially No. 1 Kansas should the Razorbacks advance, meaning they'll need Smith at his best.

3. San Antonio Spurs
Jarace Walker | Freshman | Houston | 6-7 | PF | Age: 19.5
11.0 PPG, 6.7 RPG, 1.8 APG
When: No. 1 Houston vs. No. 16 Northern Kentucky | Thursday | 9:20 p.m. | TNT
What to watch for: NBA scouts love that Walker elected to play at Houston under a demanding coach such as Kelvin Sampson, who doesn't typically reel in five-star recruits, showing that Walker isn't afraid to get pushed. He has had a productive season but still has some questions to answer regarding the extent of his skill level and just how high his ceiling is as an offensive player, something the NCAA tournament can hopefully shed light on.
Walker's tremendous frame, length, defensive versatility and toughness give him a ready-made role he can step into early in his NBA career. He has shown progress this season with his perimeter shooting (36% from 3) but has been a mixed bag as a decision-maker and a shot-creator, all while shooting a disappointing 62% from the free throw line. After Walker has been tucked away in the American Athletic Conference, NBA executives will appreciate being able to watch him against a different caliber of competition in the NCAA tournament, as Houston hasn't played a top-25 opponent in more than three months.

4. Charlotte Hornets
Keyonte George | Freshman | Baylor | 6-4 | SG | Age: 19.3
15.8 PPG, 4.2 RPG, 2.8 APG
When: No. 3 Baylor vs. No. 14 UC Santa Barbara | Friday | 1:30 p.m. | TNT
What to watch for: George spearheads arguably the most potent offense in college basketball, giving clear insight into what his role projects as at the NBA level. He is dynamic while changing speeds out of ball screens, has impressive creativity finding teammates off a live dribble and exhibits excellent footwork, body control and skill rising up in short-range and midrange spots -- being one of the better off-the-dribble shooters in this draft class. The game clearly comes easily for George, who has the scoring instincts and versatility every NBA team covets.
George has struggled at times with his decision-making and efficiency against better competition, not to mention his defense, which is not the strength of his game due to his average physical tools and intensity. He is shooting just 41% for 2 and 33% for 3 against top-50 competition, per Bart Torvik. Showing he can play winning basketball on both ends of the floor when the stakes are at their highest in the NCAA tournament could propel him more firmly into mid-lottery conversations as one of the first collegiate prospects to hear his name called on draft night.

5. Orlando Magic
Anthony Black | Freshman | Arkansas | 6-7 | PG/SG | Age: 19.1
12.8 PPG, 5.1 RPG, 4.2 APG
What to watch for: A prospect with sharply contrasting strengths and weaknesses, Black is somewhat of a polarizing prospect among NBA teams. On one hand, he has a case to be considered the best defender in the class, showing outstanding instincts, intensity and technique both on and off the ball, especially with the way he navigates screens. He also is an excellent passer who has shown some real flashes as a big, ballhandling guard with impressive creativity in pick-and-rolls.
On the other hand, Black's assertiveness offensively waxes and wanes, especially from the perimeter, where he often looks reluctant to take open shots. He turns the ball over at a high rate and has been generally inconsistent, making it difficult to pinpoint what position and role he projects to play early in his career, especially offensively. A strong finish to the season could propel Black into a different prospect tier, as NBA teams have been waiting for him to give them more reasons to fall in love with his versatility, feel for the game and the many different ways he contributes to winning.

6. Indiana Pacers
Gradey **** | Freshman | Kansas | 6-7 | SG/SF | Age: 19.3
14.1 PPG, 4.9 RPG, 1.6 APG
When: No. 1 Kansas vs. No. 16 Howard | Thursday | 2:00 p.m. | TBS
What to watch for: It's hard to find NBA scouts who don't like the tremendous perimeter shooting ability, defensive competitiveness, feel for the game and all-around consistency **** offers, making him widely viewed as one of the "safer" prospects in this class. He has been just as effective against top-tier competition as against lesser teams, has shown growth as the season has moved on and has rarely looked overwhelmed on either end of the floor. There's an opening for **** to enter a different tier from high-floor, role-playing prospect to coveted top-10 caliber pick over the next three weeks if he can help guide Kansas to the Final Four and potentially cut the nets down for the second year in a row.

7. Portland Trail Blazers
Cason Wallace | Freshman | Kentucky | 6-3 | PG/SG | Age: 19.3
11.6 PPG, 4.2 APG, 3.5 RPG
When: No. 6 Kentucky vs. No. 11 Providence | Friday | 7:10 p.m. | CBS
What to watch for: There's a lot to like about what Wallace brings in terms of his toughness, feel for the game, spot shooting, unselfishness and defensive versatility, giving him a pretty high floor as a prospect. NBA teams are still trying to get a better read on just how high his ceiling is and if he projects as a starting-caliber point guard who can keep defenses honest with his scoring ability, as he isn't the most explosive or creative guard and might be better suited in a secondary role.
Injuries to himself and teammates have forced Wallace into different roles and greater responsibility than he is likely comfortable shouldering at this stage, leading to a pretty inconsistent showing in SEC play. Wallace will be under significant pressure to help Kentucky advance past the first weekend of the NCAA tournament, as the Wildcats have failed to win a tournament game in four years.

8. Washington Wizards
Kyle Filipowski | Freshman | Duke | 7-0 | PF/C | Age: 19.3
15.4 PPG, 9.0 RPG, 1.6 APG
When: No. 5 Duke vs. No. 12 Oral Roberts | Thursday | 7:10 p.m. | CBS
What to watch for: Filipowski is a unicorn at the college level, a rare 7-footer who can create off the dribble, shoot 3-pointers, pass and bring competitiveness as a rebounder and defender. Despite his obvious talent, he was inconsistent in ACC play, especially against better competition, struggling at times as a finisher, decision-maker and perimeter shooter, leading to varying opinions for where his draft stock projects. How he responds in the biggest games of his career to this point could play an outsize influence on how he is viewed.

9. Utah Jazz
Jalen Hood-Schifino | Freshman | Indiana | 6-5 | PG/SG | Age: 19.7
13.5 PPG, 4.1 RPG, 3.7 APG
When: No. 4 Indiana vs. No. 13 Kent State | Friday | 9:55 p.m. | TBS
What to watch for: At his best, Hood-Schifino looks like a potential top-10 recruit as the type of big, ballhandling guard with versatile shot-making prowess, live-dribble playmaking creativity and defensive toughness every NBA team is seeking, especially at 6-foot-5 with a strong frame and a 6-foot-10 wingspan. It's been a roller coaster of a season for him, though, with extremely impressive highs mixed with concerning bouts of poor shot selection, decision-making, interior finishing and defensive lapses that have led to a wide array of opinions for where he might ultimately be selected. Armed with a No. 4 seed, Indiana is in a position to make its deepest NCAA tournament run since 2016, where it made the Sweet 16, and possibly further.

10. Oklahoma City Thunder
Noah Clowney | Freshman | Alabama | 6-10 | PF | Age: 18.6
10.2 PPG, 7.9 RPG, 0.8 APG
When: No. 1 Alabama vs. TBD | Thursday | 2:45 p.m. | CBS
What to watch for: Clowney propelled himself into one-and-done conversations by playing an integral role for arguably the best team in college basketball, despite being one of the youngest freshmen in the class. He fits a clear NBA mold as a mobile, long-armed, high-energy big man with legit floor-spacing ability and outstanding defensive versatility.
He plays a mature style that bodes well for his long-term outlook as his thin frame continues to evolve over time. Clowney's productivity and perimeter shooting have been inconsistent, but he has played some of his best games against high-level competition, which bodes well for Alabama as it moves into the most important games of its season.

11. Orlando Magic (from Chicago)
Jordan Hawkins | Sophomore | UConn | 6-5 | SG | Age: 20.8
16.1 PPG, 3.9 RPG, 1.4 APG
When: No. 4 UConn vs. No. 13 Iona | Friday | 4:30 p.m. | TBS
What to watch for: Hawkins is in the midst of a breakout sophomore season that won him first-team All-Big East honors. He is one of the most prolific shooters in this draft class, blessed with elite footwork and body control while getting into his jump shot with picture-perfect mechanics rising up out of handoffs, pulling up off the dribble or running off screens. Slowing Hawkins down will be a major focal point for opposing teams in the NCAA tournament; and finding ways to stay aggressive and utilize the threat of his jumper to create good looks inside the arc for himself and others is the next step in his evolution offensively. His defense, while improved, is still inconsistent, as well, as his intensity (on both ends) fluctuates at times, something NBA teams will want to see ramp up as the spotlight brightens.

12. New Orleans Pelicans
Kris Murray | Junior | Iowa | 6-8 | PF | Age: 22.5
20.4 PPG, 7.9 RPG, 2.0 APG
When: No. 8 Iowa vs. No. 9 Auburn | Thursday | 6:50 p.m. | TNT
What to watch for: Murray has improved significantly over the past two seasons, becoming a first-team All-Big Ten player and one of the most versatile defenders in the class. Murray doesn't quite have one consistent means of scoring but is solid across the board, being an acceptable, albeit streaky, perimeter shooter with a good feel for the game who can push off the defensive glass, score in the post and move off the ball resourcefully. Murray's aggressiveness and toughness comes and goes some, and he is much older than most first-round prospects, set to 23 in August, so finding a way to finish strong and staying productive after coming up short in last year's NCAA tournament will be beneficial.

13. Utah Jazz (from Minnesota)
Dereck Lively II | Freshman | Duke | 7-2 | C | Age: 19.0
5.4 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 1.1 APG
What to watch for: Lively lost his spot in Duke's starting lineup after a poor start but rebounded as the season moved on, and he is playing his best basketball as of late, emerging as the best shot-blocker in college basketball. Lively is still not the most prolific scorer but has proved to be an excellent finisher around the basket as well as a solid passer and offensive rebounder, finding ways to contribute to Duke's recent strong play without needing touches. Lively's lack of strength, struggles with foul trouble and still-developing physicality and skill level make him more of a long-term prospect in this draft, potentially relegating him to a late first-round option. He could help himself by helping Duke advance past the first weekend and showing that he is more ready to contribute than previously thought.

14. Toronto Raptors
Colby Jones | Junior | Xavier | 6-5 | SF | Age: 20.7
15.2 PPG, 5.4 RPG, 4.3 APG
When: No. 3 Xavier vs. No. 14 Kennesaw State | Friday | 12:40 p.m. | truTV
What to watch for: Jones turned himself into one of the most well-rounded players in college as a young junior, propelling Xavier to an outstanding season while emerging as an All-Big East player. Tasked with defending point guards through power forwards, while shouldering significant playmaking responsibilities, Jones' versatility and feel for the game are well-suited for the NBA, especially now that he has become a 38% 3-point shooter. His average explosiveness and at times shaky free throw shooting (64%) are two questions NBA teams have, and he is generally the type of prospect whose résumé is built more around productivity and winning than incredible upside, meaning taking his team on a deep tournament run could be highly beneficial to cement his candidacy.

15. Los Angeles Lakers
Dariq Whitehead | Freshman | Duke | 6-7 | SG/SF | Age: 18.6
8.1 PPG, 2.4 RPG, 1.0 APG
What to watch for: Whitehead's season was marred early by injuries, and he hasn't been able to carve out as a big role as expected even recently when healthy, playing 16 minutes per game off the bench over the past six games. Despite shooting 40% for 3 and showing strong flashes defensively, Whitehead's struggles as a decision-maker, creator and finisher have made it difficult for him to gain traction and solidify his candidacy as a first-round prospect, as there are real questions about his lack of explosiveness and ability to generate efficient offense. NBA teams say they'd like to see a lot more from Whitehead against the high-level competition the NCAA tournament offers to help reconcile his lofty standing entering college with the underwhelming production we've seen thus far.

16. Atlanta Hawks
Trayce Jackson-Davis | Senior | Indiana | 6-9 | PF/C | Age: 23.0
20.8 PPG, 10.9 RPG, 4.1 APG
When: No. 4 Indiana vs. No. 13 Kent State | Friday | 9:55 p.m. | TBS
What to watch for: Jackson-Davis turned himself into an All-American and legit NBA prospect as a senior, leading Indiana in points, rebounds, assists and blocks. No other big man in college is more dangerous pushing the ball off the defensive glass, passing out of the post or creating out of dribble handoffs, giving him unique versatility projecting to the NBA game when paired with his impressive explosiveness off two feet and timing as a shot-blocker.
Jackson-Davis isn't a prototype for what the NBA is looking for from a big man. He lacks great size or length for the center position he exclusively plays and hasn't shown any floor-spacing potential in his four years of college, not making a single 3-pointer and shooting under 70% from the free throw line every season. Winning, producing and holding his own defensively are his best shots of convincing NBA teams he is worthy of guaranteed money on draft night, which is why helping the Hoosiers advance to the Sweet 16 would be huge for his standing.

17. New York Knicks (from Dallas)
Terquavion Smith | Sophomore | NC State | 6-4 | SG | Age: 20.1
17.5 PPG, 4.2 APG, 3.6 RPG
When: No. 6 Creighton vs. No. 11 NC State | Friday | 4:00 p.m. | TNT
What to watch for: Smith surprised many by electing to withdraw his name from last year's draft despite widely being projected as a first-round pick, in no small part due to wanting to play in the NCAA tournament, where he now finds himself.
One of the most explosive scorers in college basketball, Smith is a highlight reel of a scorer who can absolutely bury teams with his shot-making prowess. He is blessed with elite range pulling up off the dribble, the ability to change speeds sharply out of hesitation moves and all kinds of creativity and sizzle passing off a live dribble and finishing around the rim.
The degree of difficulty of Smith's shot selection led to a lot of tough nights in the ACC and Smith's poor scoring efficiency, especially against high-level competition (39% from 2 and 30% from 3 vs. top-100 opponents, per Bart Torvik), is an obvious red flag. Add his just decent playmaking and clear struggles defensively and you're talking about a fairly polarizing prospect for NBA teams at the moment.
Smith has a chance to show how his style of play translates against a Creighton team that ranks as the No. 1 defense in the Big East. Indeed, finishing on a strong note would be beneficial.

18. Miami Heat
Dillon Mitchell | Freshman | Texas | 6-9 | PF | Age: 19.4
4.7 PPG, 4.2 RPG, 0.4 APG
When: No. 2 Texas vs. No. 15 Colgate | Thursday | 7:25 p.m. | TBS
What to watch for: Mitchell is in the midst of an extremely underwhelming season from a productivity standpoint, averaging 4.7 points and playing just 12 minutes per game over his past nine contests. Mitchell is a total nonfactor for Texas' offense, as no player has ever been drafted sporting as small a usage rate (12.6%) as Mitchell, a number that has shrunk even more (10.6%) in conference play.
To bet on Mitchell as a flier late in the first round or in the second round, a team would have to buy into Mitchell's pre-college sample, for which he showed considerably more promise as Montverde (Florida) Academy's second-leading scorer and had an outstanding spring on the high school all-star circuit. Mitchell's size, explosiveness, defensive versatility, youth and outstanding reviews he receives off the court are things NBA teams will study closely in the pre-draft process should he choose to enter, but it certainly wouldn't hurt for him to finish off the season on a strong note and try to remind people why he was such a highly regarded prospect in the first place.

19. Golden State Warriors
Marcus Sasser | Senior | Houston | 6-3 | PG/SG | Age: 22.4
17.1 PPG, 3.2 APG, 2.8 RPG
What to watch for: Sasser is one of the most explosive scorers in college basketball and the go-to guy of a Houston team that many consider to be favorites to cut down the nets on April 3 at NRG Stadium, located 5.6 miles away from Houston's campus.
Sasser is an aggressive, shot-making combo guard who defends with toughness and can make basic reads out of pick-and-rolls. He is difficult to contain in the open floor, is an outstanding spot-up shooter and brings the type of two-way competitiveness NBA teams covet, being well-schooled under Kelvin Sampson.
Sasser didn't quite have the breakout first-team All-American season some expected, struggling at times with decision-making and efficiency inside the arc, especially against better teams. Big games on the biggest platforms of his college career will go a long way in endearing him to NBA scouts, as he isn't blessed with the same type of explosiveness or upside as some of his peers in this class.

20. Houston Rockets (from LA Clippers)
Jaime Jaquez Jr. | Senior | UCLA | 6-6 | SF | Age: 22.0
17.3 PPG, 8.1 RPG, 2.3 APG
When: No. 2 UCLA vs. No. 15 UNC Asheville | Thursday | 10:05 p.m. | truTV
What to watch for: The Pac-12 player of the year and All-American is one of the faces of college basketball and the key behind UCLA's season. His productivity, feel for the game, defensive cleverness, toughness and versatility are some of his biggest selling points as a prospect, even if his lack of shooting consistency (33% career from 3), average explosiveness and bully ball style make him somewhat of a polarizing prospect among NBA scouts.
At 6-foot-6, he plays mostly at power forward but sees a considerable share of UCLA's offense run through him in the mid or low post; it's a different role than what he'll play in the NBA. The contributions Jacquez makes to winning is what put him on the map as an NBA prospect. The further UCLA goes into the tournament, the more chances he has of endearing himself to teams and showing what makes him tick.

21. Brooklyn Nets (from Phoenix)
Keyontae Johnson | Senior | Kansas St. | 6-6 | SF | Age: 22.7
17.7 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 2.2 APG
When: No. 3 Kansas State vs. No. 14 Montana State | Friday | 9:55 p.m. | CBS
What to watch for: After sitting out nearly two years due to a heart issue that led to a scary on-court collapse that required surgery, Johnson became a first-team All-Big 12 player and newcomer of the year, leading Kansas State to a surprise NCAA tournament appearance.
Johnson also revitalized his draft stock in a major way as a mismatch forward who scores inside and out, is powerful attacking in a straight line and hits 42% of his 3-pointers. Johnson's length and chiseled frame give him the ability to slide up to the power forward spot and even moonlight as a small-ball center at times.
Set to turn 23 years old in May, Johnson's previous health issues will be scrutinized by NBA teams and the league office in the pre-draft process, similar to Jared Butler several years ago. Johnson demonstrates average explosiveness, awareness and decision-making on both ends of the floor. Johnson and Kansas State faded somewhat after an excellent start to the season, so finding a way to finish strong would certainly help build some momentum going into the spring.

22. Brooklyn Nets
Baylor Scheierman | Senior | Creighton | 6-7 | SG/SF | Age: 22.4
12.8 PPG, 8.4 RPG, 3.2 APG
When: No. 6 Creighton vs. No. 11 NC State | Friday | 4:00 p.m. | TNT
What to watch for: Scheierman plays a coveted role as a 6-foot-7 guard who can handle, pass and shoot, while making clear strides on the defensive end upon transferring from South Dakota State and improving his NBA outlook in the process.
Scheierman's 3-point accuracy fell from 44% and 47% over the previous two campaigns with the Jackrabbits to just 36% this season, but his ability to hit tough pull-up jumpers or run off screens with terrific footwork bodes well for him when combined with his significant 3-point volume and 82% free throw rate. More impressive is the way he moves the ball crisply and quickly within his team's offense, showing outstanding vision and creativity in the process. He also rebounds like a power forward and brings more toughness defensively than you might expect, but he does have some questions to answer regarding his average frame, length and quickness projecting to the NBA level.
A matchup with Smith and NC State followed by a possible second-round game against George and Baylor give Scheierman an ideal platform to showcase his virtues as an NBA prospect and start to build some real momentum heading into the NBA pre-draft process.

23. Portland Trail Blazers (from New York)
Adem Bona | Freshman | UCLA | 6-10 | SF | Age: 19.9
7.8 PPG, 5.4 RPG, 0.8 APG
What to watch for: Bona doesn't put up eye-popping numbers but plays an important role for one of the best teams in college basketball as a screener, finisher, offensive rebounder and versatile defender. He is physical, explosive, energetic and happy to do the little things, improving steadily as the season progressed as he found his footing in college basketball.
Not blessed with elite size, the most polished skill set, a great feel for the game or much offensive versatility, Bona's upside isn't as big as that of some of his peers. However, there's a clear role for him in the NBA with the mobility and intensity he brings defensively guarding pick-and-rolls and rotating to protect the rim. Depending on how his season ends, there's a case to be made for returning to UCLA for his sophomore season and making a stronger push for the second round in what appears to be a weaker 2024 draft class.

24. Sacramento Kings
Ricky Council IV | Junior | Arkansas | 6-6 | SG/SF | Age: 21.6
15.9 PPG, 3.4 RPG, 2.3 APG
What to watch for: Arkansas is perhaps the most talented and polarizing team in the tournament field, and no one embodies that more than Council, who brings sharply contrasting strengths and weaknesses leading to extreme highs and lows on a game-to-game basis.
Council's incredible physical tools, his explosiveness with a head of steam and finishing at the rim and his intriguing ability to create off the dribble in the half court give him significant upside at the NBA level.
His struggles from beyond the arc (27% from 3), his shaky decision-making and shot selection and his inconsistent defensive awareness have kept his stock in second-round territory for most of the season as his productivity and efficiency have waned, especially against high-level competition.
Despite playing a coveted position, improving defensively as the season progressed and showing intriguing tools and scoring instincts, Council's inconsistency means he still has work to do in solidifying his standing, something he can help himself a great deal with by playing a winning brand of basketball and seeing Arkansas advance in the tournament.

25. Memphis Grizzlies
Coleman Hawkins | Junior | Illinois | 6-10 | PF | Age: 21.2
9.9 PPG, 6.3 RPG, 3.0 APG
What to watch for: Despite being a 21-year-old junior, Hawkins at this stage is still more of a theoretical NBA prospect for whom the pieces don't always add up to being a consistently productive player.
Every NBA team is looking for a 6-foot-10 mobile and versatile power forward who can handle the ball, stretch the floor, pass, defend smaller players, protect the rim in a pinch and play with a competitive streak.
Hawkins just hasn't been able to do most of those things on a sustained basis for much of the season, fluctuating between passivity and out-of-control moments while hitting just 28% of his 3-pointers and 60% of his free throw attempts.
Illinois has been just as up and down as Hawkins this season, and which version we see of him in the NCAA tournament will go a long way in determining if the Illini can advance a round or two.

26. Indiana Pacers (from Cleveland)
Terrence Shannon Jr. | Senior | Illinois | 6-7 | SG/SF | Age: 22.6
17.1 PPG, 4.7 RPG, 2.9 APG
What to watch for: Shannon has clear NBA-level tools physically, with an ideal frame and impressive explosiveness, helping him average more free throw attempts than any player projected to be drafted who isn't a center. He has improved as a passer, off-the-dribble shooter and defender, and he clearly has more upside to grow into despite being set to turn 23 in July.
However, Shannon's season has been a roller-coaster ride, especially against elite competition, as his productivity really falters. You don't quite know what you're going to get from him on a nightly basis, which isn't ideal considering his age and the fact that he is still a very streaky outside shooter (33% from 3). Building momentum going into the pre-draft process would be helpful for Shannon's prospects, and there's no better place to start than at the Big Dance, where the Illini face a tall task as a No. 9 seed playing No. 8 Arkansas and potentially No. 1 Kansas if they advance.

27. Utah Jazz (from Philadelphia)
Jalen Wilson | Junior | Kansas | 6-7 | SF/PF | Age: 22.3
20.1 PPG, 8.4 RPG, 2.3 APG
What to watch for: Wilson exploded in his fourth season of college basketball, emerging as the Big 12 player of the year for defending national champions Kansas and helping the Jayhawks to not miss a beat from last season.
Wilson is their unquestioned go-to guy, shouldering a significant offensive load with varying degrees of efficiency, scoring inside the post, in the open floor, with mid-post isos and out of pick-and-rolls. Wilson plays a different role than the one he'd likely be asked to play in the NBA, and the question scouts will ask is whether he can become a good enough spot-up shooter, one-on-one defender and decision-maker with less offensive responsibility.
At 6-foot-7 with very little length and explosiveness, Wilson isn't blessed with huge upside, so finishing on a strong note will be important. The Jayhawks have a tough draw, playing several pro prospects on either Arkansas or Illinois in the second round should they advance past Howard, as expected.

28. Indiana Pacers (from Boston)
Zach Edey | Junior | Purdue | 7-4 | C | Age: 20.8
22.3 PPG, 12.8 RPG, 1.5 APG
When: No. 1 Purdue vs. TBD | Friday | 6:50 p.m. | TNT
What to watch for: The likely consensus national player of the year, Edey has put up massive numbers all season, breaking NBA analytics models with the way he thoroughly dominates college competition.
At 7-foot-4 and 285 pounds with a 7-foot-7 wingspan, outstanding hands and soft touch, Edey has the physical superiority for which no team has had any answers, especially with the way he punishes opponents crashing the offensive glass and fouls out entire opposing frontcourts.
The big questions projecting to the NBA revolve around his lack of foot speed and clear struggles stepping outside the paint defensively. With no defensive three-second rule in the NCAA, Edey can drop on every ball screen and largely stay close to the basket, where he provides a huge deterrent blocking shots around his area. The NBA is almost an entirely different sport in this regard, and his lack of lateral quickness and inability to cover ground are real issues when matching up with more skillful big men.
How Edey handles himself defensively in the NCAA tournament will be closely scrutinized along with how productive he is against different types of defenses than he saw in the Big Ten.

29. Charlotte Hornets (from Denver)
Kobe Brown | Senior | Missouri | 6-8 | PF/C | Age: 23.1
15.8 PPG, 6.3 RPG, 2.5 APG
When: No. 7 Missouri vs. No. 10 Utah State | Thursday | 1:40 p.m. | TNT
What to watch for: Brown emerged as one of the most skilled and productive big men in college as a 23-year-old senior, surprisingly leading Missouri to a No. 7 seed in the NCAA tournament. Brown doesn't look like a high-level NBA prospect at first glance, being undersized and needing to improve his frame. His skill level very much suits the modern NBA, though, as a 45% 3-point shooter who initiates quite a bit of offense for Missouri pushing off the defensive glass and operating in the mid and high post thanks to his strong feel for the game.
He is a good ball handler, deft passer and dynamic shot-maker in addition to being a real mismatch with his strength, skill and versatility, having guard skills despite playing mostly at center with his powerful frame. Brown's defense will be heavily scrutinized by NBA teams, as he doesn't have great length for a 5, doesn't cover ground very well on an island to guard better 4s and is just an average rebounder. NBA teams will want to get a better feel for Brown during the pre-draft process, and continuing to build momentum in the NCAA tournament certainly wouldn't hurt his draft stock.

30. LA Clippers (from Milwaukee)
Tyler Kolek | Sophomore | Marquette | 6-3 | SG | Age: 21.9
13.3 PPG, 7.7 APG, 4.2 RPG
When: No. 2 Marquette vs. No. 15 Vermont | Friday | 2:45 p.m. | CBS
What to watch for: Kolek is one of the best stories in the NCAA tournament. An unheralded transfer from George Mason who emerged as the best point guard in college basketball, he led Marquette to a Big East tournament championship and earned conference player of the year honors and All-American status.
Kolek doesn't look the part at first glance with a stumpy frame, limited length, average explosiveness and a funky lefty shooting stroke. However, he is a tremendous ball handler who picks apart defenses, gets anywhere on the floor, finishes with toughness at the rim, makes every pass you'd hope for out of pick-and-rolls and is a far better defender than you'd expect.
Kolek, who will turn 22 later this month, needs to decide whether to try to strike while the iron is hot or return to Marquette and attempt to win national player of the year honors and vie for a national championship for a team that should return most of its players. He is an acquired taste for NBA teams but brings the type of T.J. McConnell-esque moxie and feel for the game that gives him a fighting chance to carve out a role in the league.

31. Detroit Pistons
Tyrese Proctor | Freshman | Duke | 6-5 | PG/SG | Age: 18.9
9.3 PPG, 3.2 APG, 3.1 RPG
32. Indiana Pacers (from Houston)
Julian Phillips | Freshman | Tennessee | 6-7 | SF | Age: 19.3
9.0 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 1.5 APG
When: No. 4 Tennessee vs. No. 13 Louisiana | Thursday | 9:40 p.m. | CBS
33. San Antonio Spurs
Reece Beekman | Junior | Virginia | 6-3 | PG | Age: 21.4
9.4 PPG, 5.3 APG, 3.0 RPG
When: No. 4 Virginia vs. No. 13 Furman | Thursday | 12:40 p.m. | truTV
34. Charlotte Hornets
Andre Jackson Jr. | Junior | UConn | 6-6 | SG/SF | Age: 21.3
6.7 PPG, 6.3 RPG, 4.3 APG
When: No. 4 UConn vs. No. 13 Iona | Friday | 4:30 p.m. | TBS
35. Orlando Magic
Jaylen Clark | Junior | UCLA | 6-5 | SG/SF | Age: 21.4
13.0 PPG, 6.0 RPG, 1.9 APG
36. Sacramento Kings (from Indiana)
Kevin McCullar Jr. | Senior | Kansas | 6-7 | SF | Age: 21.9
10.7 PPG, 7.1 RPG, 2.3 APG
37. Boston Celtics (from Portland)
Julian Strawther | Junior | Gonzaga | 6-7 | SF | Age: 20.9
15.1 PPG, 5.9 RPG, 1.3 APG
When: No. 3 Gonzaga vs. No. 14 Grand Canyon | Friday | 7:35 p.m. | truTV
38. Denver Nuggets (from Washington)
Ryan Kalkbrenner | Junior | Creighton | 7-1 | C | Age: 21.1
15.4 PPG, 6.1 RPG, 1.2 APG
When: No. 6 Creighton vs. No. 11 NC State | Friday | 4 p.m. | TNT
39. Charlotte Hornets (from Utah)
Jordan Walsh | Freshman | Arkansas | 6-7 | SF/PF | Age: 19.0
7.2 PPG, 4.1 RPG, 1.0 APG
40. Oklahoma City Thunder
Hakim Hart | Senior | Maryland | 6-8 | SF/PF | Age: 21.8
11.5 PPG, 4.2 RPG, 2.5 APG
When: No. 8 Maryland vs. No. 9 West Virginia | Thursday | 12:15 p.m. | CBS
41. Washington Wizards (from Chicago)
Terrance Arceneaux | Freshman | Houston | 6-7 | SF | Age: 19.3
4.0 PPG, 2.5 RPG, 0.6 APG
42. New Orleans Pelicans
Olivier-Maxence Prosper | Junior | Marquette | 6-8 | PF | Age: 20.6
12.4 PPG, 4.6 RPG, 0.7 APG
When: No. 2 Marquette vs. No. 15 Vermont | Friday | 2:45 p.m. | CBS
43. Memphis Grizzlies (from Minnesota)
Amari Bailey | Freshman | UCLA | 6-4 | PG | Age: 19.0
10.6 PPG, 3.7 RPG, 2.0 APG
44. San Antonio Spurs (from Toronto)
Bryce Hopkins | Sophomore | Providence | 6-7 | SF/PF | Age: 20.5
16.1 PPG, 8.5 RPG, 2.3 APG
45. Los Angeles Lakers
Azuolas Tubelis | Junior | Arizona | 6-11 | PF/C | Age: 20.9
19.8 PPG, 9.3 RPG, 2.0 APG
When: No. 2 Arizona vs. No. 15 Princeton | Thursday | 4:10 p.m. | TNT
46. Portland Trail Blazers (from Atlanta)
Josiah-Jordan James | Senior | Tennessee | 6-6 | SF/PF | Age: 22.5
10.2 PPG, 4.7 RPG, 1.7 APG
When: No. 4 Tennessee vs. No. 13 Louisiana | Thursday | 9:40 p.m. | CBS
47. Denver Nuggets (from Dallas)
Oscar Tshiebwe | Senior | Kentucky | 6-9 | C | Age: 23.2
16.5 PPG, 13.1 RPG, 1.6 APG
48. Boston Celtics (from Miami)
Mark Mitchell | Freshman | Duke | 6-8 | SF/PF | Age: 19.5
9.1 PPG, 4.4 RPG, 1.2 APG
49. Cleveland Cavaliers (from Golden State)
Tucker Devries | Sophomore | Drake | 6-7 | SF | Age: 21.2
19.0 PPG, 5.6 RPG, 1.8 APG
When: No. 5 Miami vs. No. 12 Drake | Friday | 7:25 p.m. | TBS
50. LA Clippers
Drew Timme | Senior | Gonzaga | 6-9 | PF/C | Age: 22.5
20.9 PPG, 7.3 RPG, 3.2 APG
When: No. 3 Gonzaga vs. No. 14 Grand Canyon | Friday | 7:35 p.m. | truTV
51. Phoenix Suns
Drew Pember | Senior | UNC Asheville | 6-10 | PF/C | Age: 22.7
21.2 PPG, 9.4 RPG, 2.3 APG
52. Brooklyn Nets
Jordan Miller | Senior | Miami | 6-7 | SF/PF | Age: 23.1
15.3 PPG, 6.2 RPG, 2.7 APG
53. Minnesota Timberwolves (from New York)
Jalen Bridges | Junior | Baylor | 6-7 | SF | Age: 21.8
10.3 PPG, 5.8 RPG, 1.1 APG
54. Sacramento Kings
Adam Flagler | Senior | Baylor | 6-3 | PG/SG | Age: 23.2
15.5 PPG, 4.7 APG, 2.5 RPG
55. Memphis Grizzlies
Chris Livingston | Freshman | Kentucky | 6-6 | SF/PF | Age: 19.4
6.2 PPG, 4.0 RPG, 0.7 APG
56. Indiana Pacers (from Cleveland)
Mike Miles Jr. | Junior | TCU | 6-1 | PG | Age: 20.5
17.3 PPG, 2.8 RPG, 2.6 APG
When: No. 6 TCU vs. TBD | Friday | 10:05 p.m. | truTV
57. Washington Wizards (from Boston)
Isaiah Wong | Junior | Miami | 6-2 | SG | Age: 22.1
16.2 PPG, 4.3 RPG, 3.4 APG
58. Milwaukee Bucks
Jalen Pickett | Senior | Penn State | 6-3 | PG | Age: 23.3
17.9 PPG, 7.3 RPG, 6.7 APG
When: No. 7 Texas A&M vs. No. 10 Penn State | Thursday | 9:55 p.m. | TBS

Note: The Chicago Bulls and Philadelphia 76ers each forfeited a 2023 second-round draft pick.

With NIL deals I don't understand why any big prospect goes to G-League ignite.
and I don't understand why the NBA keeps running G-League Ignite.

What's the point? Scoot would be a big national star if he was a high major school.
He'd have more leverage on sneaker/endorsement deals. he'd have a nice fat NIL deal.

Yah college rules are annoying but like who cares?

G-League ignite served it's purpose, forcing NCAA to allow NIL.
I don't get the point now.

With NIL deals I don't understand why any big prospect goes to G-League ignite.
and I don't understand why the NBA keeps running G-League Ignite.

What's the point? Scoot would be a big national star if he was a high major school.
He'd have more leverage on sneaker/endorsement deals. he'd have a nice fat NIL deal.

Yah college rules are annoying but like who cares?

G-League ignite served it's purpose, forcing NCAA to allow NIL.
I don't get the point now.
If he’s better prepared for the NBA, then it’s worth it

Not a regular G-League/Ignite watcher, but seems like the developmental plan hasn't worked out for Hardy and Henderson (can't remember how Daniels did last yr or Kuminga the yr before). But the talent may overcome the developmental plans anyways.

If he’s better prepared for the NBA, then it’s worth it

I just don't think it really matters, okay you play NBA rules for 6 months or whatever.

in the modern NBA no one is going to give up on a top 2 pick. whatever you would have developed during the G-League season you'll have more than enough time to catch up in the pros.

and Scoot would benefit from the competitiveness of NCAA ball.

Givony on the WOJ pod said teams are down on Scoot a bit because of his lackadaisical attitude and the lack of intensity of late season G-League games.

Back
Top Bottom