2025 NBA Draft Thread

Not a regular G-League/Ignite watcher, but seems like the developmental plan hasn't worked out for Hardy and Henderson (can't remember how Daniels did last yr or Kuminga the yr before). But the talent may overcome the developmental plans anyways.

I’m calling cap on Scoot not developing in the Gleague. Don’t care what articles from the last 2 weeks are saying.

Would he have done that if Ignite didn't exist?

Probably not. Not sure what that means in context to this convo.

It does exist…which is why he did it :lol:

I’m not sure if you think NIL just started this year or something… but it existed when Scoot went pro. That same summer Emoni Bates took the same route of leaving HS early…to sign a big NIL deal to attend Memphis.

Scoot also got a shoe deal a whole year before he was draft eligible. I’m failing to see what he missed out on by choosing the route he chose.

I just don't think it really matters, okay you play NBA rules for 6 months or whatever.

in the modern NBA no one is going to give up on a top 2 pick. whatever you would have developed during the G-League season you'll have more than enough time to catch up in the pros.

and Scoot would benefit from the competitiveness of NCAA ball.

Givony on the WOJ pod said teams are down on Scoot a bit because of his lackadaisical attitude and the lack of intensity of late season G-League games.

They had questions about Anthony Edwards desire too. It’s March. They are going to find a way to sour on you

Probably not. Not sure what that means in context to this convo.

It does exist…which is why he did it :lol:

I’m not sure if you think NIL just started this year or something… but it existed when Scoot went pro. That same summer Emoni Bates took the same route of leaving HS early…to sign a big NIL deal to attend Memphis.

Scoot also got a shoe deal a whole year before he was draft eligible. I’m failing to see what he missed out on by choosing the route he chose.

I said that because you made seem like college was not an option.
"The NCAA was never going to be the route."

it was an option, he made an affirmative choice to Ignite route. IMO it seems like a mistake.
his development doesn't seem to be way more advanced than a typical prospect.
and in some ways it seems worse because late season G-League games are trash intensity wise.

If he goes to college and is successful he would be a way bigger national star, which would lead to bigger endorsement deals. it's a way bigger platform. and I don't see these massive development benefits from G-League ignite.

is Kuminga, Jalen Green, Dyson way more developed than any other prospect their age?

Ignite maybe offers more certainty $ but college seems like a higher ceiling.
and if you're a top prospect it seems to me you afford to gamble.

They had questions about Anthony Edwards desire too. It’s March. They are going to find a way to sour on you

I mean sure and he still got drafted 2 so even in that scenario it seems equivalent to G league ignite.

NCAA upside is greater, if you are successful in college you'd be a way bigger star,
which imo leads to more money down the line.

Jalen Green
Jonathan Kuminga
Isaiah Todd
Dyson Daniels
MarJon Beauchamp
Jaden Hardy

did any of these guys seem more "developed" than a typical NCAA prospect?

imo the only way I choose G-Leauge ignite is if ;

A) Have serious financial pressure to provide for family ASAP.
B) Im a somewhat marginal prospect who is unlikely to garner NIL money.
c) i really really really hate school

I mean sure and he still got drafted 2 so even in that scenario it seems equivalent to G league ignite.

NCAA upside is greater, if you are successful in college you'd be a way bigger star,
which imo leads to more money down the line.
Ant went 1. I mean I personally don’t care about being a star. That’s basketball dependent. Wemby is already a superstar and we don’t see him ever. He’s turned down everything you can think of right now. Kids gotta choose the best path for themselves.

Mocks look like
1 wemby international
2 scoot G league
3 miller college
4 Thompson twin OTE

So every entry is showing success. Being a star at 19 means what? Again look at the lamelo/ ant man situation. Both are probably on equal levels but it’s going to be determined by who is the better basketball player

Jalen Green
Jonathan Kuminga
Isaiah Todd
Dyson Daniels
MarJon Beauchamp
Jaden Hardy

did any of these guys seem more "developed" than a typical NCAA prospect?

imo the only way I choose G-Leauge ignite is if ;

A) Have serious financial pressure to provide for family ASAP.
B) Im a somewhat marginal prospect who is unlikely to garner NIL money.
c) i really really really hate school
We can pick random college players too.

Dariq whitehead. Lively.

Ant went 1. I mean I personally don’t care about being a star. That’s basketball dependent. Wemby is already a superstar and we don’t see him ever. He’s turned down everything you can think of right now. Kids gotta choose the best path for themselves.

Mocks look like
1 wemby international
2 scoot G league
3 miller college
4 Thompson twin OTE

So every entry is showing success. Being a star at 19 means what? Again look at the lamelo/ ant man situation. Both are probably on equal levels but it’s going to be determined by who is the better basketball player

Being a bigger star means more endorsement money.

Lamelo is a unique situation since Lavar turned the Ball family into social media stars.

If your dad is a marketing genius like Lavar then sure maybe I'd ditch college.

I think Scoot and the Thompson twins would be better off on college.

They'd be more famous and command.more endorsement money, and the supposed "development" seems pretty marginal.

I don’t see how being a bigger college star compared to the biggest draw in the G-League makes that big of a difference down the line in the social media age when it comes to future endorsement deals

That doesn’t make much sense to me

If you have an incredible social media presence like Lamelo I'd concede yah maybe college won't benifit you.

But Scoot is largely anonymous to non NBA experts.

You don't think being in March Madness one of the most watched sporting events of the year.
Being on a college team with a built fanbase and being talked about on ESPN in the context of college basketball

Wouldn't improve your name ID and social media fame?

Brandon Miller is a college star. His shoe deal won't be bigger than the 7 figure one Scoot signed with Puma in the year he would have been a HS senior

also; do you think the deal Scoot could get from Puma as prominent high school recruit vs a big star on national TV every week. would be the same?

Brandon Miller had way less hype as a recruit and he may have been involved in a murder.

But we're talking about Brandon Miller as a NCAA player right now in March of 2023 right? He's the highest profile player in the "most watched sporting event" and the guy Givony thinks may go #2 over Scoot. Based on your argument...he should be more of a household name and in line for bigger endorsements than Scoot Henderson.

Or are you going to tell me it would have happened if not for the murder?

Back
Top Bottom