The knicks should be better this year, Lee is a consistant double double, Harrington is a beast, Wilson Chandler at shooting guard may be
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

can jordan hill play a game before he gets the bust label.
While its too early, me and you both watched him enough in college to know its inevitable, as least in terms of expectations. He can be aserviceable big man off the bench but nothing more.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

So i flipped to this while the Giants are getting smacked at the half.... This fool that coaches the Maccabi team refused to leave the court after being ejected. At least a 10-15 min delay on tomfoolery.
I didn't watch the game but I saw from the highlights that they had a rabbi to settle this on the court?!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

while roster's potential is really high, like i said, i feel that he could have slipt.
i feel you on brook being the #2 option, a servicable player, but no game changing man, but an natural 5 is one of the hardest positions to fill, and thatalone gives him the upper edge.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

can jordan hill play a game before he gets the bust label.
as soon as they said he was a baseball player (pitcher) in highschool, i knew he's gonna be a bust
laugh.gif

Toney Douglas is going to be a problem.

Hes got some defensive skill. Him and Nate could be a pesky ##% backcourt if they have a defensive mindframe this year.

Thats the nest thing i've seen from the preseason so far.

for real. coach wouldn't leave . . dude was just strollin on the sideline winking and smiling at the camera.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Toney Douglas is going to be a problem.

Hes got some defensive skill. Him and Nate could be a pesky ##% backcourt if they have a defensive mindframe this year.

Thats the nest thing i've seen from the preseason so far.
Yup, TD is a beast, good value at his pick too. I was really pleased with his pick, plus I go to FSU so it's a double bonus for me
laugh.gif

AMP said he hates %%#*$*
laugh.gif

Still taking names on anyone speaking negatively towards Gallo and Hill, every time one of them scores a damn bucket or hits a FT or gets a rebound/block/stealI'm gonna post a
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Although I do agree that I would have taken either Augustine or Bayless last year.

23225cbee234497db06c7d22bd69f471dd69d94.jpg

laugh.gif

egordon01_0.jpg

I would have liked to of seen Eric Gordon in New York, but I could understand why he was passed with Jamal Crawford on the team at the time.

[h1]New York Knicks' Nate Robinson tries fresh start in preseason win over Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv[/h1]
BY Mitch Lawrence
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Monday, October 19th 2009, 4:00 AM

alg_knicks_hughes.jpg

Chernin/AP
Knicks' Larry Hughes (r.) blocks Tel Aviv's Doron Perkins Sunday at Garden.

Nate Robinson is already scheming to win another dunk title at NBA All-Star Weekend, this time at LeBron James' expense.

Apparently, taking out King James would surpass knocking off Superman, er, Orlando's Dwight Howard, as Robinson did last year in Phoenix.

"I just want to win," Robinson said Sunday when he announced he was ready to head to Dallas in February to challenge James. "Beating him would be better than anything."

Listening to Robinson, it would even rank above starting in real, live NBA games.

Don't look now, but the Knicks' 5-9 bench sparkplug could be moving into the Knicks' starting lineup when the season opens Oct. 28 in Miami. He was cast as a starter Sunday for the second straight preseason game, when the Knicks outclassed Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv, 106-91, at the Garden.

"I've never had it in my mind that I want to start,"' said Robinson, a bench player for his first four seasons in New York after starting three seasons for the University of Washington. "I guess look at myself as an off-the-bench type of guy."

Mike D'Antoni will use the last two preseason games to help determine if he sees Robinson's high energy best-suited to opening games or being used in reserve.

"That will be the debate we'll have the next couple of weeks," the Knicks' coach said. "I like him in both roles. We're just trying to confine his game to all the positive stuff, and there's a lot he's doing and hopefully he'll keep improving.

"Whether he starts or does not start will depend on the other guys and combos and the best rotation. I haven't quite got there, yet. I hope I do get there, one of these days."

Sunday, Robinson finished with 19 points, four assists and no turnovers in 27 minutes. As for using Robinson as a starter, D'Antoni likes the end-to-end speed that he brings to the floor. Plus, he doesn't believe that Robinson would be a detriment to the team's defense. You might ask, what defense? Coming off one of their worst seasons ever - they ranked near the bottom of the NBA in points allowed (107.8 per game) and opponents' field goal percentage (48.0) - the Knicks are trying to shore up that end.

Whether or not Sunday's game helped on that front is debatable. Maccabi doesn't exactly ooze NBA talent. The Tel Aviv power had one vaguely familiar face: forward Maciej Lampe, a Knicks second-round pick in 2003 who went to Phoenix in the Stephon Marbury trade.

Bench role a consideration for Harrington

October 19, 2009 By BARBARA BARKER [email protected]

GREEENBURGH, N.Y. - Al Harrington said he'll come off the bench this season if that's what the Knicks want him to do, but it's clear he doesn'tthink that is what the Knicks should want him to do.

"Don't you think I'm a starter?" Harrington asked reporters after practice Monday. "Then write that."

Harrington led the Knicks in scoring last season with an average of 20.7 points a game and is generally considered the team's most complete player. Thereis some thought, however, that the Knicks could have Harrington come off the bench and start 2008 first-round draft pick Danilo Gallinari.

Coach Mike D'Antoni said at the start of the preseason that he hoped to have a starting lineup in place for the final two preseason games. Well,tonight's game against Boston at Madison Square Garden is the second-to-last preseason game, and D'Antoni said he has yet to settle on the startingfive.

D'Antoni did say Monday that he would like to start Gallinari, but he wasn't sure when it will happen.

"I probably would like to start him, but this is kind of his rookie year and he'll go through some stuff, so we'll just see,'' he said."I think eventually he will be a starter because I think he's that good."

Harrington, who missed Friday's game with a bruised left knee, did not start for the Knicks Sunday against Maccabi Elite Tel Aviv. Neither did Gallinari.

The difference is that Gallinari is a part of the Knicks' long-term plans and Harrington very likely is not as the team reconfigures next summer. Thiscreates the oddest scenario: It is possible that even if the team is struggling on the court this season, the Knicks will have Harrington, arguably their bestplayer, sitting on the bench. If that's the case, Harrington said, so be it.

"If that's what he wants me to be, I'll be it," Harrrington said of playing the role of D'Antoni's sixth man. "I can adjust towhatever. I play basketball. And I do it well."

i actually wouldnt mind having him come off the bench.
sounds like a spark off the bench imo, but if al is coming off the bench, i see no reason why nate sould be starting.
what i predict would be the starting lineup: Duhon, Chandler, Gallo, Lee, Darko.
Al+Nate first off bench, douglas and jefferies. hughes+curry are bums. no need for them. hill will rot the bench till he shows us something.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Yeah no reason Al Harrington should be coming off the bench. What's up with that?
Dude is only out to get his. He's Zach Randolph 2.0 in disguise.

Originally Posted by nublee

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Yeah no reason Al Harrington should be coming off the bench. What's up with that?
Dude is only out to get his. He's Zach Randolph 2.0 in disguise.
Nah, I disagree. He's had his moments of "individuality," but he's not the type to put himself ahead of the team. I've neverseen that from him during his time with the Knicks.

Back
Top Bottom