i like what i see from darko.decent D and good passes.he's still timid outh there,he needs to be more assertive.

y'all think lawrence frank is getting the boot this year?

Originally Posted by xblker47

good game
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

yup, we beats the Angels in Game 1. Three more wins to go!
pimp.gif

Yes I know this is the knicks thread

i honestly wish we took brook lopez last year...
who do we have at the center? eddy curry? bwahahahahah.
a lineup of duhon-chandler-al-lee-lopez would have been pretty fun to watch.

Some things I noticed so far in preseason

Wilson: he really needs to stop taking 3s and step in a bit more and use that mid range game he has. I haven't seen anything new from wilson yet from lastseason. His handle is still iffy and his shot selection is questionable. Im hoping he will get more comfortable and assert himself when the season begins.

Gallo: Still very tentative and needs to be more aggressive. I think he still has the back injury in his mind because he is still spotting up for 3s. I wouldlike to see him handle the ball more and get to the basket. Also I haven't seen him post up once yet. His shooting is a lil off right now but im notworried about that in the long term. Just needs to be more aggressive.

Darko: We traded Q for this guy and he is already making our interior defense better. Not only does he gets blocks but him just contesting layups is alteringthe shooter and making them attempt tough layups. I am very impressed with his handle and passing but he is still tentative when getting his offense. I likehow dantoni is allowing darko to play up top in the offense bringing the opposing center out the paint and creating more slashing opportunities for the others.

Jeffries: Can't hate on him right now he is playing hard and showing signs that he has been working hard in the offseason. He is playing with confidencethat we never saw from him ever in a knick uni. His shooting touch has improved a lot and his help defense is needed. He always tries to get a charge andcrashes the glass. Also I think he has been working on his handle because he was doing some iso moves last night to create his own shot
laugh.gif

TDouglas: I can def see him being our backup pg. He plays under controlled and always keeps his dribble alive. I know we were all wanting sessions but I nowfeel that it was the right move to not commit to sessions and tdouglas can surprise some people. Tdouglas rookie salary > sessions 5 year deal and affectingour FA chances in the future.

Jhill: Hasn't showed anything to wow me so far in preseason and is def still raw. I don't see him getting big minutes this season unless he improves.Not saying he is a bust but he is going to need time but not impressed so far about his play.

Hughes: Still a bum

roll.gif
this guy

[h1]Marbury "mess" slap draws usual outrage[/h1] MyStephon Marbury interview in Friday's Post drew the usual hatefulreaction from the usual suspects. It is fascinating that Marbury is notallowed to bash the team but everyone else in the continental U.S.can.<p> </p><br>In the monarch-notes version of his rant, he called the club "a mess.''He believes they are not well coached, relying too heavily on the3-pointer (they set an NBA record last season on 3-point attempts,which never got in the official game notes but was reported exclusivelyin one place at the time, right here in The Post).<p></p><br>BERMAN ON TWITTER<p> </p><br>Marbury realizes the Knicks are a rebuilding team and doesn't seeLeBron James joining a rebuilding situation, especially once thatdoesn't reek of promise (see: Danilo Gallinari).<p></p><br>Marbury feels the real reason they went this route - cutting theirpayroll monstrously - was to save James Dolan money on salary andluxury tax. If they are going to be mediocre, let them be mediocre morecheaply. And his point is, why should fans pay full price for thisseason's product.<p> </p><br>Marbury is not far off on any of these points, except Mike D'Antoni. Ithink he's a good coach, but his style lends itself to a very talented,strong-shooting roster, which the Knicks do not have. They did have itduring training camp, 2008, when Zach Randolph, Jamal Crawford andMarbury were aboard.<p> </p><br>His remarks about his own career, you can laugh at if you want. Pushcomes to shove, I think he regrets turning down Boston's early-Julyoffer of $1.3M to return. When Boston got Rasheed Wallace, they wereless interested.<p> </p><br>Marbury, without an agent, didn't see the horrendous economic climate.But then again, neither did veteran agent, Mark Bartelstein,representing David Lee.<p> </p><br>As we reported, Marbury does not want to spend the season, traininglike he needs to train, in case any old NBA job pops open. He wanted toplay for a contender. His businesses are his passion now - the Starburyapparel logo still tattooed on his head.<p> </p><br>Marbury was in Rochester Friday meeting with real-estate people aboutdeveloping housing. When I expressed surprise, Marbury said to me,"Yes, Marc, black basketball players can develop housingtoo.''<p> </p><br>If you want to laugh at him for saying he wants to make it back to theNBA next season, go ahead. Yes, it will be tough. But he's allowed tohave that as a goal.<p> </p><br>Nearly two years later, he also is still not fully recovered from hisfather's heart-attack death at the Garden. He wasn't ready to leave hisfamily and go to Europe yet to play. He needs more time.<p></p><br>
11:36 AM, October 17, 2009 ι By By MARC BERMAN
My Stephon Marbury interview in Friday's Post drew the usual hateful reaction from the usual suspects. It is fascinating that Marbury is not allowed to bash the team but everyone else in the continental U.S. can.

In the monarch-notes version of his rant, he called the club "a mess.'' He believes they are not well coached, relying too heavily on the 3-pointer (they set an NBA record last season on 3-point attempts, which never got in the official game notes but was reported exclusively in one place at the time, right here in The Post).

BERMAN ON TWITTER

Marbury realizes the Knicks are a rebuilding team and doesn't see LeBron James joining a rebuilding situation, especially once that doesn't reek of promise (see: Danilo Gallinari).

Marbury feels the real reason they went this route - cutting their payroll monstrously - was to save James Dolan money on salary and luxury tax. If they are going to be mediocre, let them be mediocre more cheaply. And his point is, why should fans pay full price for this season's product.

Marbury is not far off on any of these points, except Mike D'Antoni. I think he's a good coach, but his style lends itself to a very talented, strong-shooting roster, which the Knicks do not have. They did have it during training camp, 2008, when Zach Randolph, Jamal Crawford and Marbury were aboard.

His remarks about his own career, you can laugh at if you want. Push comes to shove, I think he regrets turning down Boston's early-July offer of $1.3M to return. When Boston got Rasheed Wallace, they were less interested.

Marbury, without an agent, didn't see the horrendous economic climate. But then again, neither did veteran agent, Mark Bartelstein, representing David Lee.

As we reported, Marbury does not want to spend the season, training like he needs to train, in case any old NBA job pops open. He wanted to play for a contender. His businesses are his passion now - the Starbury apparel logo still tattooed on his head.

Marbury was in Rochester Friday meeting with real-estate people about developing housing. When I expressed surprise, Marbury said to me, "Yes, Marc, black basketball players can develop housing too.''

If you want to laugh at him for saying he wants to make it back to the NBA next season, go ahead. Yes, it will be tough. But he's allowed to have that as a goal.

Nearly two years later, he also is still not fully recovered from his father's heart-attack death at the Garden. He wasn't ready to leave his family and go to Europe yet to play. He needs more time.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

Mann %#!+ that... Gallos potential >>>> Brook Lopez's
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Originally Posted by BangDak

Mann %#!+ that... Gallos potential >>>> Brook Lopez's
pimp.gif
Hmm idk about that one.. Brook is gonna be a beast

We screwed up the last two draft picks IMO

I don't see the superstar potential in Gallo like the rest of y'all. Plus those back injuries have a way of never fully recovering and popping upduring the length of a players career.

Bayless, Brooks or Augustine...Jennings or Derozan and I think we would be way better off.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

I don't see the superstar potential in Gallo like the rest of y'all. Plus those back injuries have a way of never fully recovering and popping up during the length of a players career.

Bayless, Brooks or Augustine...Jennings or Derozan and I think we would be way better off.

You just hate %!!#@+ pshhh

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I don't see the superstar potential in Gallo like the rest of y'all. Plus those back injuries have a way of never fully recovering and popping up during the length of a players career.

I'm trying to figure out the censored word
laugh.gif

i dont know about that g8.
lopez would be a problem in this league for years to come.
i feel that gallo MIGHT have slipped a bit...
DJ Augustine seems like a really good point guard, but we wont see this this year. has felton been resigned? i would love to see him take the reins of thatteam, esp. under LB (go on, i have my flame suit on)
hill looks like he can be great, but we'll give it some time. its way too early to say we should have drafted " ___ " instead of hill.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I'm trying to figure out the censored word
laugh.gif
hmm..it might be c _ _ k $ lol.. i think

Thats what i'm thinking...

I was hoping we got Rubio but i'm not really a fan of these finesse forwards.

Gallo has heart and a lot of potential so i'm rooting for him but Brooks is a sure thing for the forseeable future. In an era where there is a lack of goodbig men, hes going to do work.

We really needed a PG for the future and a Center. We had a chance to get both over the last 2 drafts but we went with a friend of the D'antonis and addedanother unneeded forward with tremendous potential....to be mediocre in Hill.

gallo is 6'10, our best shooter, decently quick/athletic, can handle the rock, and can pass. Son will be a problem i can feel it. On the other handAugustin and Lopez are at 2 need positions so i can respect the arguments. I dont believe either has nearly as high a ceiling as Gallo though.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

gallo is 6'10, our best shooter, decently quick/athletic, can handle the rock, and can pass. Son will be a problem i can feel it. On the other hand Augustin and Lopez are at 2 need positions so i can respect the arguments. I dont believe either has nearly as high a ceiling as Gallo though.

I feel that but I think we need to address our PG situation ASAP.

Only draft pick i've been up on recently is Toney Douglas, everyone else has been ehhhhhhh for the most part.

-Sweetney- showed signs
-Frye-excellent 1st yr (fell off right after)
-Frank Williams-
indifferent.gif

-Lampe-
indifferent.gif

-Hill- still waiting for him to show something

Maybe with this team being so PF/SF heavy he's having difficulty? I really don't know but he has to show us something, it may be just the summerleague/pre season but they all matter imo.

Just look at our picks since 2000 YUCK.

[table][tr][th=""] Year [/th] [th=""] Round [/th] [th=""] Pick [/th] [th=""] Player [/th] [th=""] Nationality [/th] [th=""] Position [/th] [th=""] College/High School/Club [/th] [/tr][tr][td]2008[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]Gallinari, Danilo Danilo Gallinari[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Armani Jeans Milano (Italy)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]Chandler, Wilson Wilson Chandler[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]DePaul University[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2006[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]Balkman, Renaldo Renaldo Balkman[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]University of South Carolina[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2006[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]Collins, Mardy Mardy Collins[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Temple University[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2005[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]Frye, Channing Channing Frye[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]University of Arizona[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2005[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]Lee, David David Lee[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]University of Florida[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2005[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]Thompson, Dijon Dijon Thompson[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]University of California, Los Angeles[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2004[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]Ariza, Trevor Trevor Ariza[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]University of California, Los Angeles[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2003[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]Sweetney, Mike Michael Sweetney[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Georgetown University[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2003[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]Lampe, Maciej Maciej Lampe[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2003[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]Vranes, Slavko Slavko Vraneš[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2002[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]Nene Nenê[/td] [td]
22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png
BRA[/td] [td]F-C[/td] [td]Brazil[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2002[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]Vujanic, Milos Miloš Vujanić[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2001[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]Wright, Michael Michael Wright[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]University of Arizona[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2001[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]Chenowith, Eric Eric Chenowith[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]University of Kansas[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2000[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]Postell, Lavor Lavor Postell[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]St. John's University[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2000[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]Mickeal, Pete Pete Mickeal[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]University of Cincinnati[/td] [/tr][/table]

It's way too early to give up on Hill, let him play a season first before there's judgment. At the Knicks pick there wasn't much else to me Iwanted. I think Jennings has tons of talent but I just question his attitude. I'm still rooting for him though, I never want to see anyone fail. Therewasn't any other big men to pick, and the point guards I wanted had already been taken.

I wasn't happy initially with picking Gallo, but I think his potential is better than anyone who followed him. I think Lopez will be a solid startingcenter, but never a go-to, game-changing player that hopefully Gallinari becomes. Injuries can hold him back though, and that's what worries me.

I was at the open practice. Hill is garbage. Had 2 open air balls and missed a easy layup. Galo didn't play. Chandler, Nate, Lee, Douglas looked real goodout there.

So i flipped to this while the Giants are getting smacked at the half.... This fool that coaches the Maccabi team refused to leave the court after beingejected. At least a 10-15 min delay on tomfoolery.

Back
Top Bottom