can you imagine what would happen if he went to the bulls and didn't win in the first year? the media is already claiming he would win a chip there right away

they would say noah rose and another max and you still couldn't get it done? at least in NYC if he loses the first year the media will be like "oh well it was the knicks nobody expected a championship"

that downside that everyone talks about. you know lose in NYC and we will kill you. i honestly think the downside is even bigger in Chicago.

[h1]
D'Antoni: I Came To New York On Condition Of Flushing Roster
[/h1]
Mike D'Antoni revealed that he came to New York on the condition that the team would empty the roster and position itself for this summer's free-agent courtship.

The coach did not see the previous roster as one that the Knicks could build from.

"Maybe we would've made the playoffs, but then we would've been stuck," D'Antoni said. "I wouldn't have come here if the plan wasn't to clear the cap and go after it. That's why I came."

D'Antoni knows winning is what will sell players.

"We have to win and convince guys coming here they can win because New York is a place they need to win," D'Antoni said. "I think we can do that. Whether they like the style or not is individual."

D'Antoni doesn't think the Knicks are at a disadvantage because they only have a handful of players under contract.

"Almost all the teams have cleared everyone out," he said. "We're all the same."

Donnie Walsh expects his team's meetings with free agents, including the one reportedly scheduled with LeBron James on Thursday, to give the Knicks a legitimate shot at landing a top player.

"I'm going to make an assumption that nobody's playing around out there," Walsh said. "If they're going to meet with you, and you're going to meet with them, they're serious."

D'Antoni knows that the implications for the organization are monumental.

"This sets the course of the franchise for the next 10 years," D'Antoni said.

[h1]James Not Planning Visits; Bulls Are Said to Move to Front in Chase to Land Him[/h1]By JONATHAN ABRAMS

The LeBron James sweepstakes will kick off in Ohio on his home turf Thursday as five teams — the Chicago Bulls, the Miami Heat, the Knicks, the Nets and the Los Angeles Clippers — travel there in an attempt to woo James away from the Cleveland Cavaliers, an executive of one of the teams in the hunt said Saturday.

But the meetings might not be much more than a formality. The executive, who did not want to be identified discussing a player who is not yet a free agent, said he had gathered from discussions with his fellow N.B.A. executives that James was strongly leaning toward joining the Bulls in tandem with another free agent, Chris Bosh of the Toronto Raptors.

“I think it’s a done deal,

laugh.gif
@ the thread title.

anyways, i still think the Jordan factor plays a huge role here. i remain hopeful.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/27/s...all&adxnnlx=1277640018-uokjB3w9hrToHy54pi/SuA
Via New York Times-
“…But the meetings might not be much more than a formality. The executive, who did not want to be identified discussing a player who is not yet a free agent, said he had gathered from discussions with his fellow N.B.A. executives that James was strongly leaning toward joining the Bulls in tandem with another free agent, http://sny.stats.com/nba/playerstats.asp?id=3707&team=/www.theknicksblog.com/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/alinks/images/external.png")">http://www.theknicksblog....ages/external.png") no-repeat scroll right center transparent;" rel="external">Chris Bosh of the Toronto Raptors.

“I think it’s a done deal,

Originally Posted by NobleKane

man im no knick fan but i find that bulls thread pathetic. Dudes in there hyped off of rumors and bull !#%% tv analysts who make !#%% up. kinda remind me of the cavs fanbase. its sad because thats what happens when you believe rumors. its like lebron signed with them already in there lol

remind me of when dudes was thinking kobe was going to chi.... i still
laugh.gif
cuz +#%#% was not wanting to give up deng for kobe......

Your Stupid get ur facts KOBE Wanted to play with DENG Actually

Do Knicks fans really want LBJ? Honestly, I think the Melo is a better fit for you guys than LBJ. Gallinari is going to be good, sign a PF, you have picks next year to concentrate on a PG.

Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade have plans to travel to New York next week to meet with the Knicks, but only Bosh is seriously considering changing teams, and even he said he thinks Miami is an ideal situation for him.

"Miami is in top contention," Bosh told the Miami Herald. "With the money they have, the cap space they have, the rights on Dwyane, him possibly staying. And just having a good organization; they are known as a first-class organization. Dwyane is going to be known as one of the greatest players in the history of the game when it's said and done."

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Chris Bosh says Miami Heat is in `top contention' to land him[/h1]

Heat_Raptors_Basketbal_NSD108.embedded.prod_affiliate.56.JPG

Toronto Raptors forward Chris Bosh reacts after making a basket in the final seconds of the game as Miami Heat forward Jermaine O'Neal looks on during second-half NBA game action on Wednesday, Jan. 27, 2010, in Toronto.
NATHAN DENETTE / AP

clear.gif

[h3]By BARRY JACKSON[/h3][h3][email protected][/h3]
Chris Bosh told us Saturday he hasn't decided what team he will sign with but is seriously considering Miami and expects to meet with Heat officials after free agency starts July 1. Also Saturday, Yahoo.com reported the Heat will be one of six teams granted a meeting with LeBron James.

Asked if the Heat has as good a chance at landing him as any team, Bosh said yes but that he will not decide until he has met with suitors that interest him.

``Miami is in top contention,'' Bosh said during a quiet moment at DJ Irie's charity golf tournament in Miami Beach. ``With the money they have, the cap space they have, the rights on Dwyane [Wade], him possibly staying. And just having a good organization; they are known as a first-class organization. Dwyane is going to be one of the greatest players in the history of the game when it's said and done.''

But asked whether he would be willing to play center should the Heat keep Michael Beasley and/or re-sign Udonis Haslem, Bosh said, ``The thing I said when I came into free agency is I'm going to be a forward. I'm going to play my natural position.''

Should Bosh sign with Miami, those sentiments could increase the chance of Beasley being dealt, despite Pat Riley's comment that he will not trade Beasley to clear cap space. The Heat believes Beasley can play some small forward but views him primarily as a power forward.

If Bosh signs, it also means the Heat will need a center in free agency, with Brendan Haywood or re-signing Joel Anthony among the options. Among power forwards, Bosh is Miami's top preference, with Amare Stoudemire and Carlos Boozer also on its radar.

One concern for Heat fans is Toronto receiving a sign-and-trade offer for Bosh that's more enticing than what Miami has to offer (Beasley, future draft picks), unless a third team is involved. Bosh could make $125 million over six years if he re-signs with Toronto (to stay or more likely for purposes of a sign-and-trade), or $97 million over five years otherwise.

Is it important to him to have the bigger deal? ``That's definitely something to consider -- that's a part of the chaos of this,'' he said, not ruling out signing with a team outright. If he does push for a sign-and-trade, ``that kind of cuts the number of teams down that can actually do a sign-and-trade that would work.''

Bosh dismissed a Yahoo.com report quoting a source as saying he would sign with Chicago if James signs there. But the Bulls are a contender for him.

Bosh said he will take recruiting trips, including one to the Heat ``at some point'' after Wednesday: ``Everybody pretty much is on an even playing field until I hear what they have to say. I want to see things for myself, how they run everything, what their ideas are.''

Bosh said determining his future has been ``very tough because there are so many things to consider. I want to win. I want to be happy. I just have to be patient. But it's hard to be patient. You drive yourself crazy a little bit. But if I didn't feel nervous, I'd be worried.''

Yahoo.com's report on James said the Heat, Nets, Knicks, Bulls, Clippers and Cavaliers will meet with him and his staff in Akron, Ohio, on Thursday, or soon after. The report deemed the Bulls the favorite but said the Heat and Nets will make a ``strong push.''

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

The coach did not see the previous roster as one that the Knicks could build from.

"Maybe we would've made the playoffs, but then we would've been stuck," D'Antoni said. "I wouldn't have come here if the plan wasn't to clear the cap and go after it. That's why I came.
So, he's just OPENLY admitting they tanked 2 seasons intentionally ???

It was obvious but to go on record is wild.

I don't know if that's an admission of tanking. I take it as more of coming with the plan of actually rebuilding. Personally, I don't think rebuilding implies tanking. Although the talent level of the team certainly drops while rebuilding, you can still compete.

At least david lee plays. How many full seasons has boozer had?

Forget two max agents. If you can get Lee for less and bring in a max and maybe another 2nd tier guy then your looking good.

Lee/James/JJ or a cheap Ray Allen.

that would help any team.

D'antoni didn't have to say it, all basketball fans knew it. I gotta say that I love the thread title but its all BS until he signs somewhere. Some of yall making fun of our Bulls thread and our chances, but its so much more pressure on yall team not to blow this all. If he signs with yall, great...everyone pop bottles.

But if he goes elsewhere, especially to us, I can imagine some of yall heads blowing up like on Dave Chappelle.ROTFLMBAO
roll.gif

Even though it would still be New York, I'm sure yall would be pissed too if he signed with the Nets.

I hope that yall do well in free agency anyway because I would like to see a Bull/Knicks rivalry again. But I sure as hell don't want to see yall with him because we know the refs would be on the fix then.

All in all this is fun, we as fans have no control over it...just happy my team is in the running, got some knicks fans sweating

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

that thing that has me wondering is this:

if Bosh goes to miami..where does that leave Lebron?
nerd.gif

maybe bosh really wants to be with lebron but it's only worth it to him in NYC. he may just not want to got to chicago for whatever reasons. i remember him talking about how he hates cold weather so he may really be into miami.

all it means is that miami is one of the teams bosh is considering. this is something that everyone should have figured out months ago. no state tax, great weather, Dwade.

If we didn't give JJ and Lee the max but gave them a respectable contract both would we still have enough for 2 max Fas or would we have to find away to get rid of that bum Curry and a few others?

With all this terrible press I'd love it if Donnie found a way to free up more cap space around Thursday just to *%*! with the Bulls and Riley.

Anderson: Maxed out over max contract talk

Friday, June 25, 2010
11:29 AM

By Kevin Anderson
CSNChicago.com

Severalwriters and columnists are hailing the Bulls draft-day trade of KirkHinrich to the Wizards as genius because the Bulls will now be able tosign two free agents to max contracts on July 1. This simply is nottrue. While the Bulls do have $9 million more to work with, they areseveral million short of having the ability to sign LeBron James andChris Bosh to max deals without making another trade.

Here is how the numbers break down:

TheBulls currently have five players under contract for the 2010-2011season: Derrick Rose, Taj Gibson, Luol Deng, Joakim Noah and JamesJohnson. The fine folks at hoopshype.com http:///hoopshype.com/salaries/chicago.htm">http://hoopshype.com/salaries/chicago.htm'));">have a breakdown of all teams’ salaries,including the Bulls. Those five players' salaries add up to $22.862million. The salary cap is expected to be $56.1 million for the2010-2011 season (the actual cap amount won’t be announced until earlyJuly).

At first glance it would appear then that the Bulls wouldhave $33.24 million, but remember that the team has to fill out itsroster with 12 players, not seven. The minimum salary hold for a freeagent is just under $500,000. For arguments sake, if the Bulls holdfive roster spots at the minimum, they will then have approximately$30.8 million to sign two remaining players. The Bulls can go over thecap with the mid-level exception to fill out their roster, but theminimum amount against the cap is $473,604.

The maximum theBulls (or any team) can offer a free agent coming from another team is30% of the salary cap, which means (barring a sign-and-trade) James andcompany can make a max of $16.83 million for the 2010-2011 season. Inreality, the Bulls will have enough cap space to offer one max deal,and one near-max deal at close to $14 million for the first year.

Thescenario in which the Bulls get two max players during free agency issigning one free agent outright and acquiring another in asign-and-trade. There is also a very small chance that two free agentscould accept less money so that both can sign with Chicago (put thisunder the one-in-a-million shot category). The most likely scenario isthat the Bulls sign one player to a max deal (like LeBron), asecond-tier free agent (like Ray Allen), and fill out their roster witha mix of veterans and role players.

Special thanks to Larry @*#% who has an http:///members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q25">http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q25'));">absolutely amazing FAQ of the NBA salary structure.

http://www.csnchicago.com...ID=260722&feedID=627

well with bosh and wade going to %!!+ each other down in mia, i only think it bodes well for us

we're the only team that's thought this thing through..and have a plan for it to work

LeeBron to the Knicks
pimp.gif

if we can find a way to shed curry (they should make his @*% play in summer league) we'll be sitting pretty to build a monster roster
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom