Y'all could all suck Landry's $$$$.

Having said that, the Rautins pick is still terrible when you consider how far we reached for him, and the fact that he has no ability outside of being able to shoot, and some leadership intangibles. I've watched Cuse, I've seen what Rautins could do, even watched him kill SJU, but he's not an NBA player by any means. Back of the bench kind of guy. I don't have any beef with him, though, my beef is still with that preppy #@+!# Landry. %@$++#+ !+%#.

Yeah, I think after we all calmed down, we didn't mind the Rautins pick. He's a great shooter so that's great for this offense, I'm just less than thrilled about his other skills and how his game translates.

I don't know anyone who can really defend the Landry pick at this point. I'll gladly eat my words if he ever becomes anything solid.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Y'all could all suck Landry's $$$$.

Having said that, the Rautins pick is still terrible when you consider how far we reached for him, and the fact that he has no ability outside of being able to shoot, and some leadership intangibles. I've watched Cuse, I've seen what Rautins could do, even watched him kill SJU, but he's not an NBA player by any means. Back of the bench kind of guy. I don't have any beef with him, though, my beef is still with that preppy #@+!# Landry. %@$++#+ !+%#.
roll.gif
still in that mode huh?

anyways

[h2]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/knicks/2010/06/knicks-will-make-pitch-to-lebr.html[/h2]
Source: Knicks will make pitch to LeBron on July 1 »

By Frank Isola
27 min ago

The Knicks will be granted an audience with LeBron James on July 1 in Ohio.

A team source told the Daily News today that the Knicks are one of several teams that will make presentations with James when the free agent recruiting period begins on Thursday.

The Nets, according to Yahoo! Sports, will be the first team to make a presentation to James in Akron. The report claims that rap mogul Jay-Z and Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov will be part of the Nets' contingent.

Knicks president Donnie Walsh and head coach Mike D'Antoni will meet with James in Ohio. It is likely that Garden Chairman James Dolan and Walsh's understudy, Allan Houston, will also make the trip.

James also plans to meet with the Bulls, Heat, Clippers and Cavs.

[h2]Lebron James Spotted In New York City[/h2]By Nina Mandell
DNAinfo Reporter/Producer

MANHATTAN —He already knows how to party like a New Yorker.

The NBA's most coveted free agent - and Knicks target - LeBron James was just blocks from Madison Square Garden as he partied at Chelsea nightclub Manhattan's Avenue on Thursday, the Daily News reported.

The hoops player rubbed shoulders with R&B artist Mary J. Blige and Entourage star Jeremy Piven.

James’ nightclub appearance might be the closest he comes to the Knicks' home during the free agency period. His business manager, Maverick Carter, told ESPN.com that the superstar would not be traveling to each city to meet with teams.

Instead, teams will have to travel to Ohio to try to lure the star.

According to numerous reports, the Knicks had planned a massive star-studded dinner when James came to town, but were forced to come up with an alternative pitch.

Unfortunately for Knicks fans, James' appearance at a Manhattan club might not be a sign of anything other than the fact he likes to party — he has often been spotted at NYC clubs throughout his time with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

[h1]LeBron James nearly a Knick after showing he can party like NYer with Mary J. Blige, Jeremy Piven[/h1]
BY Rich Schapiro
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Saturday, June 26th 2010, 4:00 AM

alg_lebron_wade.jpg

Sladky/AP
LeBron James sure knows how to party. The NBA star makes appearence at Manhattan's Avenue nightclub Thursday night.

He's not a Knick yet, but LeBron James knows how to party like a New Yorker.

The NBA's most coveted free agent made a cameo appearance at Manhattan's Avenue nightclub Thursday night - and rubbed shoulders with singer Mary J. Blige and actor Jeremy Piven.

James, in a plaid shirt and black shades, looked all business as a security guard led him into the Chelsea hot spot.

Even as revelers raised cell phone cameras, James remained stonefaced. His diamond stud earring twinkled as the cameras flashed.

The NBA's reigning MVP loosened up later in the night, smiling wide as a brunette hottie danced beside him.

At one point, he hung his arm around a short-haired woman in a V-neck T-shirt and whispered into her ear.

James beamed when Blige grabbed the microphone and started belting. Piven joined her on stage and held the mic for the platinum blond diva.

The city is hoping to see a lot more of King James - and the Daily News has been leading the charge with a campaign urging him to sign with the Knicks.

James wouldn't just generate excitement - he'd drive revenue, too. It's estimated he'd bring in $57.8 million for New York if he comes here and leads his team to an NBA title in a deciding Game 7.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

stories keep popping up

We needed to get more athletic in the back court and be able to defend. Having a guy who can go create his own shot would be a plus as well.

LeBron just got done playing with the Anthony Parkers and Boobie Gibson's of the world.

I would have been okay with Rautins as a undrafted invite to summer league or even taking him at like 55 if you wana buy another pick. But at 38? At a spot you NEED a guy who can make your roster..no thanks.

Seeing Whiteside and Hobson available up until 33 just really got me heated to watch Donnie sit on his hands.

[table][tr][td][h2] [/h2][/td] [td][table][tr][td]Wade and Bosh To Make NY Visits[/td] [/tr][tr][td]By Myles A. Mills - Jun 26, 2010 2:58 pm[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]
Via ESPN New York:
http://sny.stats.com/nba/playerstats.asp?id=3704&team=/www.theknicksblog.com/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/alinks/images/external.png")">http://www.theknicksblog....ages/external.png") no-repeat scroll right center transparent;" rel="external">LeBron James will meet the Knicks in Ohio on Thursday, the first day official contact between recruiters and recruits is allowed in a historic free-agent chase, according to a source close to the situation.

Meanwhile, as James makes the Knicks play this high-stakes game on his home court, fellow blue-chip recruits Dwyane Wade and http://sny.stats.com/nba/playerstats.asp?id=3707&team=/www.theknicksblog.com/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/alinks/images/external.png")">http://www.theknicksblog....ages/external.png") no-repeat scroll right center transparent;" rel="external">Chris Bosh have agreed to make campus visits to New York.

Knicks officials are hoping to convince James to ultimately travel to New York for a news conference that would mark the franchise’s biggest day since the 1973 championship.

Wade and Bosh already have committed to a New York visit to see and hear a presentation on why they should gamble the balance of their primes on the Knicks — with or without James in the lineup.

Wade and Bosh are expected to be given the same A-list treatment during their recruiting visits that the Knicks wanted to give LeBron.

If the Knicks lose James to Cleveland, Chicago or Miami, they’re expected to use their $35 million in salary-cap space to offer Wade and Bosh maximum contracts.

Though Wade is heavily favored to remain in Miami, Bosh is expected to leave Toronto.

[h3]http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1024238#p23927689[/h3]
[h3]You want optimism. (NY's only likely real shot)[/h3]
LeBron James to New York looks bleak with Miami and Chicago cutting salary during the recent draft, but there is still a slight hope for Knicks fans that this off-season doesn't turn out into a disappointing road to mediocrity.

I feel the New York Knicks could still have a shot at LeBron James , if he feels that creating several very strong teams rather than one or two powerhouses could help the league the most. If those teams are big-time franchises like the Knicks , the Bulls, and the Heat winning titles, but in the end it would be rather cheap way to do so.

Now if James and Bosh joined forces on a team like the Knicks without any established superstars, or if he stays in Cleveland and Bosh stays in Toronto, that will create more parity among the top teams. James could very well have a shot at a title with the Knicks (in 1 or 2 years at the most), so it's not like they would be giving up on their championship aspirations if James & Bosh did decide to come to the Big Apple. Financially it would make sense for them too. It would be more of a challenge and an accomplishment to beat a few equally strong teams in the playoffs, such as the likely improved Bulls and Heat, the Magic (potentially with Chris Paul), and maybe the Nets as well, rather than trying to build a dream team in Chicago or Miami. I think that would hurt the league, but creating good teams and those team developing REAL NBA rivalries (like in the 90s) will help the the league tremendously, in my honest opinion. I would also suck in the video game world because everybody would be picking the Bulls or the Heat, as they currently do with the Lakers.

Let's face it, if NY misses out on James and Bosh, they have virtually no shot at being able to compete with the top teams in the East for a long time. Now if NY ended up with the top two free agents in this 2010 free agent class, that would diminish the potential of the other teams with major cap space (mainly Chicago & Miami) to improve dramatically. James and Bosh comes to NY, then Chicago signs Carlos Boozer and Joe Johnson, Miami signs Amare Stoudemire and a good starter, and Oklahoma City signs David Lee. These teams would battle in the post-season for years to come. Imagine the energy in the arenas as a LeBron/Bosh led Knicks team face a much improved Bulls team with Boozer & Johnson in the playoffs. The Bulls fans pissed off LeBron didn't sign with them, and the hungry Knicks fans going crazy in MSG after so many years of terrible play. Imagine LeBron & CB4 vs D-Wade & Amare in the playoffs. If Chicago or Miami sign James and Bosh, the league is pretty much over until those the players on that team either decline or suffer a major injury. Not the same drama, is it? Maybe between the Lakers and the Bulls/Heat, until Kobe hits his mid-30s.

LeBron James comments about going to the "Free Agent Summit" (which may or may not have happened) and trying to figure out "what's best for the league" is the only hope remaining, in my mind, that opens the opportunity of James picking the less talented Knicks over the Bulls or the Heat during free agency. He could also just stay in Cleveland, and I would understand if he did, but unless they could make a trade for a bona fide superstar to pair with him (maybe a Chris Paul) via a trade, I think it would be difficult for the Cavs to compete with the potentially new and improved Bulls and Heat. Plus a Knicks/Bull or Knicks/Heat rivalry would probably be more intriguing than a Cavs/Bulls or Cavs/Heat rivalry, but I'm probably just saying that because I'm a Knicks fan.

If Donnie Walsh can convince LeBron James (and Chris Bosh) to sign because of this reason I think the NBA as a whole will benefit. The Knicks sucking or wallowing in mediocrity, while an unbeatable powerhouse is formed in Chicago or Miami, is not going to help the league. This of course, is just my opinion.

I still think the Knicks are long shots at James and Bosh, and they are likely doomed to waste their cap space on non-franchise caliber players. With no picks in the next two drafts, it doesn't make sense to preserve cap space and just try to rebuild the old fashion way, which is to truly suck and then add franchise-changing players with top 5 picks. I think there will be assumed pressure, by the fans, on the Knicks franchise to at least put together a competitive team, even if they have no shot at a title in the next 5-10 years. Walsh risky trading of those picks (including the 2011 swap option) for Tracy McGrady, has likely removed the possibility of a normal rebuilding process, so I expect some plan B, C, or D to occur via a combination of tier 3 free agent signings and a trade for a star accompanied with bad contract (see: Marbury trade from Phoenix). We can only hope that the Bulls and Heat are unsuccessfully in their goals of opening up two full MAX free agent slots... and/or that LeBron does what's best for the NBA/league.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/mem...&u=37328&sid=eec06b2468c6cf3fc7e7848b78f050dd

[h1][/h1]
[h1]New York Knicks still have shot at signing LeBron James, who is correct to cancel free agency tour[/h1]
Frank Isola

Saturday, June 26th 2010, 4:00 AM

alg_pierce_lebron.jpg

Amendola/AP
Several people familiar with LeBron James' thinking believe if he leaves Cleveland, he wants to come to the Knicks. 'He told me after the Olympics he wanted to live in New York,' said one source.
[table][tr][td][/td] [td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

The elaborate dinner the Knicks have been planning for LeBron James has apparently been canceled, thus ruining the chance for Garden chairman James Dolan to utter those five magical words to the NBA's biggest free agent.

"LeBron, please pass the salt."

There was an Internet report Friday that James had come to his senses and had decided not to make a spectacle of his much anticipated entrée into free agency. In other words, LeBron's "Summer of I Love Myself" tour will not happen. Instead, prospective teams will have to visit James at a yet-to-be-determined location.

"LeBron is not going on a tour," Maverick Carter, James' business manager, told ESPN.com. "He never planned to go on a tour and has not been a part of any team's plans for a recruiting trip."

If this was Carter's idea, then give the young entrepreneur credit for recognizing that his celebrity client was starting to alienate fans. It was getting to the point where James as well as Chris Bosh were celebrating their free agency with more verve than Kobe Bryant showed in winning a fifth championship.

Of course, this doesn't necessarily help the Knicks' bid since the club's strongest selling point is its home court. The plan was to get James to visit New York and explain to him why he belongs in the league's most important market.

It's not exactly a deal breaker and I'm still not convinced James won't visit here since an executive from a team with salary cap space claims that James may take three weeks to make up his mind.

LeBron knows Manhattan, he understands the history of Madison Square Garden and he has plenty of celebrity friends on speed dial. If he decides to sign with the Knicks it will have nothing to do with a fancy meal served inside a penthouse apartment overlooking Central Park.

It will come down to knowing that the Knicks can sign two "max" free agents and still have enough cap space to sign another significant free agent next summer. Although the Bulls and Heat are clearing cap space, several people familiar with James' thinking believe that the Knicks are still his desired destination if he elects to leave Cleveland in his rearview mirror.

"He told me after the Olympics he wanted to live in New York," said one source. "And as far as I know nothing has changed."

Pat Riley will make a compelling case but in the end do you really see James being second banana to Dwyane Wade?

The Bulls have Derrick Rose and James likes the idea of playing for Michael Jordan's old team. But for the past decade the list of free agents who decided to play in Chicago is rather thin: Ron Mercer, Brad Miller, Eddie Robinson and Ben Wallace.

Remaining in Cleveland or signing with either Chicago or Miami gives James the best chance to win a championship within the next two years. No doubt about it. But the Knicks' incompetence the last nine years actually works in their favor.

The club is going to tell James, "Come here and there is no pressure to win a title the first year. We'll win 50 games, make the playoffs and you'll be the conquering hero. The next year will reload and we'll make a run at it."

James is right not to tour. He knows every NBA city and roster. He just needs to sit in a room with Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni and have them explain why New York makes the most sense. Simple is better. Maybe they'll even order takeout.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...s_are_still_on_lebron_menu.html#ixzz0rzjmMg9F

@Chris_Broussard: OK, Knicks fans who think I'm hatin. Give me some bball reasons for LJ to go to NYK, ones better than CHI, Miami or NJ
16 minutes ago via TweetDeck

@Chris_Broussard The bulls have a good supporting cast, miami can offer wade, thats it, Knicks- Gallo, Chandler, Douglas, another MAX CAT.

As Hahn replied.. "I'll play: CHI/NJ have no perimeter shooters, ball-dominant Gs and lack creative offense like in CLE. Best I can do."

@Chris_Broussard: NYK made mistake last yr by not givin ball to Douglas. shoulda let him play and show FAs that he can be good. i admit Gallinari would play well off LJ, Toney Douglas has very good potential

@Chris_Broussard Fix your broke @@$ teeth if you're going on TV to bash NYC

@NJakes13 what'chu look like, brutha?

*DEAD*

Personally i don't want us to pull out the stops for Wade, only reason dude is coming is because he wants to see what were gonna do to woo him then go run back and tell Pat Riley everything so he could counter act. I hope Donnie isn't stupid enough to make the presentations to Wade and Bosh at the same time.

^^^^ now that I think about it, I agree with what you said about Wade. It wouldn't be too surprising.
smh.gif
That dam rat riley

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

[h3]http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1024238#p23927689[/h3]
[h3]You want optimism. (NY's only likely real shot)[/h3]
LeBron James to New York looks bleak with Miami and Chicago cutting salary during the recent draft, but there is still a slight hope for Knicks fans that this off-season doesn't turn out into a disappointing road to mediocrity.

I feel the New York Knicks could still have a shot at LeBron James , if he feels that creating several very strong teams rather than one or two powerhouses could help the league the most. If those teams are big-time franchises like the Knicks , the Bulls, and the Heat (all had great 90s rivalries), its even better for the league. If two of the top free agents (James & Bosh) jumping to a team like Chicago, who already have Derrick Rose, or a team like Miami, who already have Dwayne Wade (he's not leaving), that team will have a very strong chance at building a dynasty and winning titles, but in the end it would be rather cheap way to do so.

Now if James and Bosh joined forces on a team like the Knicks without any established superstars, or if he stays in Cleveland and Bosh stays in Toronto, that will create more parity among the top teams. James could very well have a shot at a title with the Knicks (in 1 or 2 years at the most), so it's not like they would be giving up on their championship aspirations if James & Bosh did decide to come to the Big Apple. Financially it would make sense for them too. It would be more of a challenge and an accomplishment to beat a few equally strong teams in the playoffs, such as the likely improved Bulls and Heat, the Magic (potentially with Chris Paul), and maybe the Nets as well, rather than trying to build a dream team in Chicago or Miami. I think that would hurt the league, but creating good teams and those team developing REAL NBA rivalries (like in the 90s) will help the the league tremendously, in my honest opinion. I would also suck in the video game world because everybody would be picking the Bulls or the Heat, as they currently do with the Lakers.

Let's face it, if NY misses out on James and Bosh, they have virtually no shot at being able to compete with the top teams in the East for a long time. Now if NY ended up with the top two free agents in this 2010 free agent class, that would diminish the potential of the other teams with major cap space (mainly Chicago & Miami) to improve dramatically. James and Bosh comes to NY, then Chicago signs Carlos Boozer and Joe Johnson, Miami signs Amare Stoudemire and a good starter, and Oklahoma City signs David Lee. These teams would battle in the post-season for years to come. Imagine the energy in the arenas as a LeBron/Bosh led Knicks team face a much improved Bulls team with Boozer & Johnson in the playoffs. The Bulls fans pissed off LeBron didn't sign with them, and the hungry Knicks fans going crazy in MSG after so many years of terrible play. Imagine LeBron & CB4 vs D-Wade & Amare in the playoffs. If Chicago or Miami sign James and Bosh, the league is pretty much over until those the players on that team either decline or suffer a major injury. Not the same drama, is it? Maybe between the Lakers and the Bulls/Heat, until Kobe hits his mid-30s.

LeBron James comments about going to the "Free Agent Summit" (which may or may not have happened) and trying to figure out "what's best for the league" is the only hope remaining, in my mind, that opens the opportunity of James picking the less talented Knicks over the Bulls or the Heat during free agency. He could also just stay in Cleveland, and I would understand if he did, but unless they could make a trade for a bona fide superstar to pair with him (maybe a Chris Paul) via a trade, I think it would be difficult for the Cavs to compete with the potentially new and improved Bulls and Heat. Plus a Knicks/Bull or Knicks/Heat rivalry would probably be more intriguing than a Cavs/Bulls or Cavs/Heat rivalry, but I'm probably just saying that because I'm a Knicks fan.

If Donnie Walsh can convince LeBron James (and Chris Bosh) to sign because of this reason I think the NBA as a whole will benefit. The Knicks sucking or wallowing in mediocrity, while an unbeatable powerhouse is formed in Chicago or Miami, is not going to help the league. This of course, is just my opinion.

I still think the Knicks are long shots at James and Bosh, and they are likely doomed to waste their cap space on non-franchise caliber players. With no picks in the next two drafts, it doesn't make sense to preserve cap space and just try to rebuild the old fashion way, which is to truly suck and then add franchise-changing players with top 5 picks. I think there will be assumed pressure, by the fans, on the Knicks franchise to at least put together a competitive team, even if they have no shot at a title in the next 5-10 years. Walsh risky trading of those picks (including the 2011 swap option) for Tracy McGrady, has likely removed the possibility of a normal rebuilding process, so I expect some plan B, C, or D to occur via a combination of tier 3 free agent signings and a trade for a star accompanied with bad contract (see: Marbury trade from Phoenix). We can only hope that the Bulls and Heat are unsuccessfully in their goals of opening up two full MAX free agent slots... and/or that LeBron does what's best for the NBA/league.
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/mem...&u=37328&sid=eec06b2468c6cf3fc7e7848b78f050dd
This has to be one of the weakest arguments for why the top FAs should go to the Knicks or any team without a strong core of players or superstar. I don't think any of the FAs care about the league like that
laugh.gif
This guy is trying to put the fate of the league on Lebron's shoulders and in essence saying this is why the league/playoffs suck and/or are boring cuz you didn't sign with _______ team.

If a team like the Bucks had room to sign 5 FAs to max contracts please believe if these FAs really wanted to win a championship now they'd all sign there and go to work if it was only for 1 chip in the off chance they actually care about the league.

In my eyes if Lebron, Bosh and whoever create a powerhouse in Chicago or Miami it'll be just that more exciting to watch them lose to the Celtics in the playoffs or w/e darkhorse-underdog team gets the upset word to Kobe, Malone, Payton, and Shaq.

At the end of the day these FAs need to be signing to teams for their own self-interest. It's honestly on GMs, coaches, owners, and upcoming players to add to the competition, bring back past rivalries or create new ones and be a challenge.

You think Pippen mad he needed Jordan to win a chip that 5th and 6th time around?
laugh.gif
Any fans bringing up that as a slight are just sore losers. "You only won cuz you have the best player in the league."

Kobe, Malone, Payton, and Shaq failed because Payton and Malone were washed up old men, and Shaq and Kobe were on their +#%%#%*#. If they got together around the time of the 3-peat they would have done work.

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

@Chris_Broussard The bulls have a good supporting cast, miami can offer wade, thats it, Knicks- Gallo, Chandler, Douglas, another MAX CAT.

As Hahn replied.. "I'll play: CHI/NJ have no perimeter shooters, ball-dominant Gs and lack creative offense like in CLE. Best I can do."
i said that and got killed

it's a fact. no shooters. gallo would destroy with lebron and bosh tking double teams or at least taking attention away from him.

and that's why we drafter rautins

Back
Top Bottom