I'd sign up for Mike Miller. He knows his role.

and someone posted a rumor of Luke Ridnour to NY. i'd take it, although i rather have toney run the show.

I'd trade Gallo for CP3, but not Melo. They both play the same position, and Gallo would still be cheaper even if he got a new contract in the future. CP3 is the only player in this equation that would, from day 1, make EVERYONE better, including anyone we pick up this summer whether it be LeBron, Bosh, Wade, keeping Lee, Amare, Joe Johnson, etc.

Oh I forgot all about Mike Miller for real. We might have to ditch Joe then, if he really wants the max.

I kind of want to see what Raymond Felton would be able to do under D'Antoni. I think we should definitely look into him.

Will KNICKS fans a few hours away I wish yall the best of luck.

lebron_new_york_knicks.jpg

pimp.gif

According to a Denver Post reporter, Melo is meeting with the Knicks..but that is likely a lie. 

is mike miller THAT good? i keep hearing all thise talk about him in sports radio but i didnt know he had so much hype

[h1]LeBron's Priorities Will Be Manifested By Decision[/h1]
By: Christopher Reina
RealGM.com Writer

James_LeBron_cle_091125.jpg

AP Photo

June 30, 2010 9:02 PM

The decision LeBron James ultimately makes on where to sign and spend the next three-six years will be extremely revealing about how he prioritizes his career both on and off the floor.

He essentially has five options, each with its advantages, disadvantages and challenges.

The Short-Term Path

Even though they will have to fill their roster with ring chasers, joining with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami is his quickest way to a title if they are open to signing for slightly less than the max. Winning in the first year will prove difficult because of their inability to add important role players, but there is little doubt in my mind that a team featuring three of the top seven or eight players in the NBA would be difficult to contend against.

The formula for winning titles is clear; have one of the top players in the game and a legitimate All-Star as his No. 2. We really haven't seen a trio like this before, at least not in their prime.

A more balanced team would help guarantee a cleaner path to a title, but let's not forget the absence of a legitimate supporting cast outside of Shaq and Kobe during their run, along with the role players that typically surround Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker in San Antonio.

The problem with joining the Heat is the advanced age, plus wear and tear of Wade. It is hard to see him remaining in the top-five when his athleticism begins to decline unless his jumper improves all of a sudden, or if he becomes more of a facilitator.

The Three-Dream Team would have a scary run and should win multiple titles, but their ability to draft and retool on the fly will be the determining factor on whether or not they fade to a team like the Thunder.

I think LeBron's legacy as one of the top-five players is permanently scarred if he goes to the Heat with two other franchise players regardless of the number of titles won. It also is difficult to envision LeBron playing in Miami for the entire duration of his career and become synonymous with that town and franchise the way he would in other situation.

The Easiest Path

Depending on their ability to sign another superstar, or several role players, the Bulls should provide the best long-term stability in terms of competing for a title on an annual basis for the next decade.

Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah provide an excellent foundation as supplemental stars even if the former is probably not the best fit for LeBron's game.

The market is big enough and the Bulls brand is already arguably the biggest in the NBA worldwide, both of which matter to LeBron.

There are only two important questions here:

How soon would Rose and Noah be ready to compete for a title? Both are close to their primes, but not quite all the way there, which can be frightening for the remainder of the NBA.

Will LeBron be comfortable not having the kind of control he enjoyed in Cleveland? He had almost the complete run of the place, but Jerry Reinsdorf never handed over the team to Michael Jordan and that's one thing sources have stressed to me is an important factor with the Bulls.

The Long-Term Path

The Nets potentially have the best power forward/center combo in the NBA in Derrick Favors and Brook Lopez. They easily could be top-five players at each position if Lopez isn't already. The team also has a valuable asset in Devin Harris who can be traded for another player, but he actually would be a good fit next to LeBron and his defense would uptick to where it was in Dallas.

In Courtney Lee, Terrence Williams and Damion James, the Nets have a couple nice role wing players already in place.

Mikhail Prokorov's resources cannot be underestimated and he didn't come all the way to the United States to make money. This is a vanity project for him and his entire mission will be to accept Larry O'Brien trophies and become one of the world's top three or four celebrity businessmen.

The Nets probably won't be able to win a title until Favors develops, but they will easily win 50 games and are certainly on a fast track to getting there.

The titles are one half of the long-term equation, with the other being whether or not LeBron wants to spend two seasons in Newark until the Brooklyn arena is built. There is juice in the building wherever LeBron plays, but it won't be the same in non-playoff games as it would be in Brooklyn and especially not in New York.

The Sisyphus Path

The most potentially glamourous and world conquering path for LeBron to pick would be to sign with the Knicks. The have won just two titles in an NBA that has been dominated by big city teams and the past decade has been pure agony for New York fans. He would be the conquerer and the savior all at once, while testing his ability as an all-time great individually.

The ability for New York to sign a second max contract player, or two very good role players should make the Knicks capable of winning 50-55 games, but I don't think the incumbent supporting cast of Danilo Gallinari, Toney Douglas, Wilson Chandler and Bill Walker is strong enough to get to a title in Year 1.

The question to be determined is what the Knicks are capable of doing with the expiring contract of Eddy Curry, fondly called ECEC or EC-Squared. If New York is able to convert him into a defensive big like Andris Biedrins or Emeka Okafor, then that becomes a title contender right away, but that would be the most optimistic option for the team. They could also let Curry expire while avoiding signing any of the minimum level free agents to multi-year deals to preserve cap space for Carmelo Anthony, Yao Ming or another member of that free agent class.

The Money/Inertia Path

The position of the Cavaliers in terms of being amenable to a sign-and-trade is an interesting one. If LeBron knows that his only six-year, max contract option is to remain with the Cavaliers, then that changes the equation at least slightly for him. We have always assumed the monetary difference would be far less important to LeBron in comparison to the other free agents, but his endorsement dollars are trending downwards as his hairline recedes backwards.

In terms of winning, it is almost impossible to see where the Cavaliers can improve more than just incrementally over the next couple of years.

Leaving Cleveland would be extremely painful for LeBron given his love for the franchise and his love for northeast Ohio, but it would be one of the most remarkable selfless acts in sports history.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_feature_piece...will_be_manifested_by_decision/#ixzz0sOVcA8WW

latest info from real gm, literally came up 10 secs ago

[h2]Wade Giving Up On Recruiting LeBron[/h2]
James_LeBron_cle_091220.jpg

Jun 30, 2010 10:31 PM EST

mia_40.gif
Dwyane Wade has told two associates that he is now focused on recruiting a big such as Chris Bosh, Amar'e Stoudemire or Carlos Boozer, which effectively ends his attempt to bring in LeBron James.

Wojnarowski reports that the Bulls are currently in the lead for LeBron, with the Heat, Nets and Cavaliers also 'in hot pursuit'.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap/#ixzz0sOWNfpEF

and i didnt see this anywhere but the nets will meet lebron first

[h2]Nets Will Meet LeBron At Midnight[/h2]
Jun 30, 2010 5:51 PM EST

njn_40.gif
The Nets will have the first meeting with free-agent LeBron James at Thursday midnight, which marks the very start of this summer's historic NBA free-agency period.

Mikhail D. Prokhorov, the team's new owner, will lead the Nets' group making its case to sign James.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap/2/#ixzz0sOWdZWnN

1st off can i get put on the list lol

but ya i think if we dont get lebron, bosh or wade i want amare and joe johnson on the knicks and be happy with that... but with that being said we still need a center... we cant sign a good power foward and just make them our center... and if all that fails then resign lee and sign rudy gay and with the leftover money sign a veteran pg and center for cheap... maybe get felton and brad miller

wait, I'm reading that Carmelo has a meeting with us....umm, isn't that considered tampering?
indifferent.gif
being that he is not a free agent...

False alarm on Melo.

The Knicks Blog running with false info they couldn't confirm. Typical.

If Gallo is not THAT $%@$%*% DUDE then I simply don't know who is.

you dudes in here blaspheming w/ that trade talk.
tired.gif

thanks.

i wish we could convince lebron to come with David lee, mike miller and some other players. but i think he wants to play with another max guy

LeBron To Meet With Knicks At 1 PM Thursday

Jun 30, 2010 10:41 PM EST

The Knicks will fly to Cleveland for a 1 p.m. sitdown with LeBron James, league sources told ESPN.com's Chris Broussard on Wednesday night.

New York is first meeting with Mike Miller, Joe Johnson and Amar'e Stoudemire in Los Angeles after midnight on July 1st.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src..._thursday/#ixzz0sOYs4cKH

Mike Miller is NOT that good, but he is a veteran and someone who can handle the ball and shoot, not to mention would not be incredibly expensive and comfortable with coming off the bench which is something that NY needs (Lebron or not).

People need to understand, that due to increasing salaries, and depending on what the cap is, Eddy Curry's contract won't magically get us another max guy next year. The free cap space won't be dollar for dollar, it's going to be a few million less... so any potential plans for the Knicks shouldn't factor in Curry expiring with us... the better option should be to maximize his expiring in a trade to another team for assets, ideally a defensive center and depth depending on where we land after free agency.

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

and i didnt see this anywhere but the nets will meet lebron first

[h2]Nets Will Meet LeBron At Midnight[/h2]
Jun 30, 2010 5:51 PM EST

njn_40.gif
The Nets will have the first meeting with free-agent LeBron James at Thursday midnight, which marks the very start of this summer's historic NBA free-agency period.

Mikhail D. Prokhorov, the team's new owner, will lead the Nets' group making its case to sign Jams.
It's been talked about for 3 or 4 days now...
alien.gif

Y'all should catch up on the last few pages before you start flooding the thread with #%%$.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom