Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by bijald0331

^That's what I'm saying and think. This is just a big scheme. It's incredibly genius, if I'm right. If you look at, maybe some of these rumors that a lot of media members reported were substantiated by "Lebron sources" who just put stuff out there to stir the pot. I mean looking at houses, these summit talks, etc. It just keeps the door revolving until he makes his decision. His name continues to spark headlines.

what is so genius to you? lebron and his friends learned how to manipulate the media? politicians been doing that for years.

i really don't understand what he owes the cavs. they had 7 years to put a legit #2 next to him and came up with mo williams, 79 yeat old shaq, and Antwon. what so when he doesn't win the next 3 years it's okay to leave? 10 years of losing is enough? NO the same process will start. he's from here. we have financial room now. cmon home is home

guilt really is the only reasonn to stay. he needs basketball reasons to leave but not to stay?

First off, if my assumptions and guesses are right, no athlete has ever taken the media on a ride like this LeBron saga. Years in the making and everyone is talking about it. It's so damn big.
Politics is a completely different landscape. Just the nature of the job allows for a different type of media manipulation. We are talking about sports here. It's a little different.
It's genius because his team had this plan to keep LeBron's name on everyone's tongues. They milked the #@$@ out of this situation. How many sports situations can you think of where an athlete has used his free agency, matter of fact anything, in this way? Meetings, summit talks, he damn near turning this league upside down, or so we think.

You're right about guilt. It's definitely a factor. Watch the video in the Cavs thread. #@$@ is intense.

How does he not have basketball reasons to stay? You guys are discounting that the Cavs were not that terrible last year. What if LeBron likes the new management?

It's such a special set of circumstances with LeBron, Ohio and Cleveland. I think they are together for life. Maybe not. Just the way I see things.

well one thing is for sure nobody knows anything but him. i give it to him this has everyone on the fence biting their nails
laugh.gif

That Cavs team with Byron Scott is going to do better than last year's team with Mike Brown. Will that be enough for a ring? Probably not, but if JJ Hickson develops as well as they thought he could, since that was the main reason they didn't trade for Amare, the Cavs could be a pretty decent squad. Staying in Cleveland is not all that bad of an alternative. Is NY better? Maybe, but how many people actually think a D'Antoni team with no defenders is going to win a ring? I mean, look at the guys we have on our roster right now, none of them are good defenders. You guys have to take away your Knicks biases and look at all the underlying factors. Playing with another max guy is great, but when he doesn't know what defense is, just like the rest of your team, you could only go so far.

And btw, who's to say that Byron Scott wouldn't use Lebron the same way that D'Antoni would? If there's anybody that knows what it's like to have a big point guard on your team, it's him.

it's not some genius plan. he is just the first larger than life athlete to have a crazy decision to make in the internet age. the hype gets nowhere near this monumental without constant twitter updates, forums, websites, photoshops

announcing free agency with the intention of never leaving just isn't a genius idea to me. it has it's benefits and it's negatives, but it's not something that would be hard to plan. nothing to be impressed about.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

That Cavs team with Byron Scott is going to do better than last year's team with Mike Brown. Will that be enough for a ring? Probably not, but if JJ Hickson develops as well as they thought he could, since that was the main reason they didn't trade for Amare, the Cavs could be a pretty decent squad. Staying in Cleveland is not all that bad of an alternative. Is NY better? Maybe, but how many people actually think a D'Antoni team with no defenders is going to win a ring? I mean, look at the guys we have on our roster right now, none of them are good defenders. You guys have to take away your Knicks biases and look at all the underlying factors. Playing with another max guy is great, but when he doesn't know what defense is, just like the rest of your team, you could only go so far.

And btw, who's to say that Byron Scott wouldn't use Lebron the same way that D'Antoni would? If there's anybody that knows what it's like to have a big point guard on your team, it's him.

I'm a huge Bulls fan. I would just love love LeBron for to come to Chicago. However, this stuff doesn't add up to a LeBron departure to me.

So what exactly is going to happen to all the teams with a ton of cap space, who ultimately strike out? Let's say Lebron does re-sign w. Cleveland....Wade goes to Chicago, Bosh goes to Houston, etc etc....what would the direction of the Knicks be if they end up only with a guy like Amar'e, or with nothing at all? Andy Rautins getting major minutes might become a reality....

wait a minute. Byron scott is going to make mo williams not become a ghost in the playoffs for the third time? JJ hickson is going to turn into Amare light? their baby faced new GM will be able to make a move? delonte used to be a bright spot for them, now he can't be on the team

speaking of no defense, how did Antwon do against KG?

this isn't knicks bias. if he stays there he's not winning in the near future. especially with other teams getting better.

in the last 2 years in the playoffs defense isn't what made the cavs lose. their stagnant offense is what made them lose. ISO, watching lebron dribble for 10 minutes and pop a shot is what made them lose. Now maybe Byron can help with that. But if he can, then Dantoni definitely can.

^DJ07- They should definitely look to get a legit PG. Can't wait for Douglas to grow. A deal for Parker would be positive to me. I like that team. Plus the Curry chip to add a solid two guard or something. You don't need a legit center in D'Antoni's system.

To DubA169, if he never had any intention of leaving, I don't see how you can't give his team and him credit for building this situation. Look at all the countdowns and everything. They really milked the hell out of this situation if he never had any intention of leaving. 6 meetings in 3 days? Larry King interview? They got so much out of this. Genius is a pretty strong word, definitely take that back I guess. Incredible marketing savvy would be better to describe all this.

fine, yes it is savvy. i just thought genius was way overblown. a 10 year old can come up with that plan. "hey lets hype everyone up and just stay home!"

Amar’e Recruiting Carmelo, Tony Parker to Knicks

Amar’e’s comments certainly add intrigue to Melo’s decision of whether to sign an extension with the Nuggets this summer. From the NY Daily News: “He dropped a bombshell that seemed too good to be true: ‘I’ve talked to Carmelo Anthony that he needs to come out here,’ Stoudemire said. ‘I’ve talked to Tony Parker. Both guys are ready to join me if I decide to come here. So we will see if we can work it out.’ Asked about playing with. LeBron James, the 6-10 Stoudemire smiled and said, ‘That would be great,’ then headed to his white stretch limo.

Is that tampering on Amare's part? Both Melo and TP are under contract, but he says they want to go to NY? That being said, Melo gets more love in DC/MD than he does in NY....I wouldn't rule out the Wizards being players in the Melo sweepstakes if he decides not to sign an extension w. Denver.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

BINGO!

In my scenario:

LeBron will shrewdly play all this off as the media blowing up the situation, which they undoubtedly did. It's a win-win IMO. He gains a bunch from the media hype but then can use their stupid missteps and incredulous speculation as reasons why him leaving seemed more likely than it ever actually was. LeBron will say that he had to weigh his options, like any good business and basketball player but in the end his heart was always in Ohio and Cleveland. He becomes a bigger name while keeping his hometown integrity and roots.

I have this whole thing played out in my head. Again, I don't know squat. I'm making an educated guess.
QFT.

This is actually the exact thing I see happening. Highly doubt he goes to Chicago or the Nets, and him coming here is just another pipe dream that us knick fans have.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Is that tampering on Amare's part? Both Melo and TP are under contract, but he says they want to go to NY? That being said, Melo gets more love in DC/MD than he does in NY....I wouldn't rule out the Wizards being players in the Melo sweepstakes if he decides not to sign an extension w. Denver.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I've seen you being the force behind the Melo movement to DC...It could happen but y'all need to figure out Arenas first.  Plus, who knows at what rate Wall matures, I just don't think it's an ideal situation for him. 

He loves NYC, his girl is from there, he was born there, he has said he loves the garden plus he has mentioned how much he would like to play with Gallo.  I'm fine if we wait a year for Melo.

pretty sure players can't tamper

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I've seen you being the force behind the Melo movement to DC...It could happen but y'all need to figure out Arenas first.  Plus, who knows at what rate Wall matures, I just don't think it's an ideal situation for him. 

He loves NYC, his girl is from there, he was born there, he has said he loves the garden plus he has mentioned how much he would like to play with Gallo.  I'm fine if we wait a year for Melo.

Depending on what happens in the next few days, NY is just as much of a question-mark for Melo as is DC....if they land Amar'e, then who knows.....but you're 100% right...Wiz gotta figure out whats gonna happen w. Gil.  Just don't be shocked if he's wearing orange/blue at some point before the end of October
wink.gif

This is true. NY love melo tho

plus he was born in brooklyn.
That would be a GREAT look for melo being in NY

better chance of seeing Ernie Grunfeld and Dolan will hug each other than we ever see Gilbert wearing a knicks jersey

based of principle alone i doubt dolan would okay the trade

Great Post

Its understandable for fans to get hyped up for a chance to land Lebron, who wouldnt.

But people are actin like if he stays in Clevland they wont be a top team in the east again next year, possibly the league.

Its not as if leaving guarantees anything, any of the rumored teams he goes to i dont see winning a chip in the next year or two.

Unless he teams up with Wade & Bosh which seems more unlikely with each passing day.

And Jamison would do much better if he's moved back to the 3 and Lebron runs the point.

Personally, if I'm the Knicks and Wade or Lebron don't come here, I save my money for Melo and just make the trade for TP. Sign a bunch of role players to some pretty good (money wise) one year deals and call it a day.

And Jamison would do much better if he's moved back to the 3 and Lebron runs the point.

Personally, if I'm the Knicks and Wade or Lebron don't come here, I save my money for Melo and just make the trade for TP. Sign a bunch of role players to some pretty good (money wise) one year deals and call it a day.

When is the last time Jamison played the 3? I can't remember & this his natural position 

Originally Posted by Remi23

When is the last time Jamison played the 3? I can't remember & this his natural position 

I wanna say in Dallas or GS, but who the hell knows. Seems like he's the kind of guy that's destined to play out of position for no reason
laugh.gif

Move him to the 3 and how will his defense (which has never really existed in the first place) fare against the 3's in the east? His offense and position was not the problem. The fact that he couldn't guard a chair and made KG look like KG of old was the issue.

so now bron isnt ready to announce what he's doing on monday
laugh.gif
  this dude is just playing everyone like a fiddle
pimp.gif
i dont see how he can pass up playing with amare and tp if the knicks get em. learn from kobe, a big man has brought him 2 rings in a row
good luck with jamison in cleveland getting u those rings
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Move him to the 3 and how will his defense (which has never really existed in the first place) fare against the 3's in the east? His offense and position was not the problem. The fact that he couldn't guard a chair and made KG look like KG of old was the issue.

Yeah i don't think he's quick enough to guard 3's they would are going to blow right past him or just get to their spot whenever

Back
Top Bottom