Originally Posted by bijald0331

MeloVP

But smart teams don't make decisions based off other teams' bad decisions. No one in the NBA has praised those 2 other contracts. There has been much ridicule instead. I don't see why there isn't room to criticize. There are a lot of question marks regarding Amare Stoudemire. This isn't a "can't miss" signing. It's a big step in a positive direction but there's definitely a lot to be desired. I don't see much fault with the media on this one.
It's not about the teams but when the players see that and their $-hungry agents see that, they get a nice bargaining chip..happens in the nfl every summer

When it comes to the distinction of who deserves a max contract, and rudy gay is up there, how can any team say that amare isn't a max player?
One article says that singing STAT would be a disaster another says that it would be a success
laugh.gif
. Media doesn't even care about logic or truth at this point, anything goes.
well #!*@, what else is new?
laugh.gif
only a matter of time b4 it crept into sports reporting

Yall are going extra hard on the media on this matter when there are clearly two sides to the story and signing:

(1) Negative- With sky high expectations (and don't deny this, you guys made a fan list just so NT people wouldn't jump on the future bandwagon), NYC lands Amare, undesirable considering grandiose expectations of LeBron and Bosh or Wade, you get the picture . Amare has a lot of question marks. Don't really need to go into that because it has been hashed out. This is where that other negative article was coming from. Amare does not equal the expectation of LeBron; thus this signing cannot be considered a home run.

(2) Positive- A more present view, taking into account all of that has happened in the past week and ignoring a lot of the buildup to this FA period. LeBron is no longer a realistic possibility. The Knicks need to come out of this with something and something good. Amare definitely qualifies and is a step in the right direction.

There's two ways to approach the story. It's a writer's discretion if he wants to take the short-term or long-term approach.

I've been a big critic of the media (refer to my other posts) but there is a clear line between stupid speculation and analyzing a move considering different factors.

S & T Lee for Parker
instead of Lebron sign do everything in their power to sign D-Wade
acquire Melo next season after getting rid of Curry contract

then u have
Amare
Gallo
Chandler
Parker
D-Wade
Melo in 2012

that would be crazy 
pimp.gif

S & T Lee for Parker
instead of Lebron sign do everything in their power to sign D-Wade
acquire Melo next season after getting rid of Curry contract

then u have
Amare
Gallo
Chandler
Parker
D-Wade
Melo in 2012

that would be crazy 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Master Zik

laugh.gif
@ Amare being close friends with Joba. Not that it can't be true but just thinking of those guys hanging out is funny.
I was gonna ask how they are even friends
laugh.gif

23hvw3n.jpg

Just another idea.

The Spurs give Tiago Splitter more time than if Lee were to come over, Chandler replaces Richard Jefferon at a much cheaper price at SF and the Spurs have more flexibity due to Chandler and Curry being free agents in 2011.

Knicks would get their PG and still have cap room to add a max level free agent via signing or trade.

@Cfranchise

I don't see how that works money wise. The article above speaks on why it'd be near impossible to get Melo if we sign to maxes(Wade and Amare) now and trade Curry, even if we gut the roster and just leave Gallo left. Especially if we get Parker.

Lol at this CFranchise dude not understanding the salary cap at all. You think Parker is coming to NY to play for kibbles and bits? And did you not read the Melo article that makes it nearly impossible to sign Melo.

Keep going though, I got a kick outta that post.

If by crazy, you mean absolutely impossible, then yes.

We don't have Lee's bird rights, so if we were to sign him, he would cut into our current cap room. So with that in mind, we wouldn't have the money to S&T Lee for Parker AND give two max deals. Additionally, there's a lot of speculation and unknown about what we could get with Curry's expiring... yes we'd be free of his contract, but 1. due to salary increases for our max guys, that number would be cut down, 2. we don't know what the cap will be set at, and 3. (which could be a positive), we don't know what the result of the new CBA is and what his max contract will be.

I don't know why I actually entertained that idea, the day the Knicks field a team of Wade, Melo, Amare, and Tony Parker, as well as keeping Gallo and Chandler is the day I run through Times Square naked.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

If by crazy, you mean absolutely impossible, then yes.

We don't have Lee's bird rights, so if we were to sign him, he would cut into our current cap room. So with that in mind, we wouldn't have the money to S&T Lee for Parker AND give two max deals. Additionally, there's a lot of speculation and unknown about what we could get with Curry's expiring... yes we'd be free of his contract, but 1. due to salary increases for our max guys, that number would be cut down, 2. we don't know what the cap will be set at, and 3. (which could be a positive), we don't know what the result of the new CBA is and what his max contract will be.

I don't know why I actually entertained that idea, the day the Knicks field a team of Wade, Melo, Amare, and Tony Parker, as well as keeping Gallo and Chandler is the day I run through Times Square naked.
This was what i was trying to say, but i'm assuming everyone just wants Amare, TP, and Gallo as our "big 3", which i wouldnt have any problems with.

And i dont get whast so funny about the Melo article. What assets do we really have to make a trade for Melo to come to NY happen really?

If its a S&T Lee for Parker, i can understand, but im sure they'd want Chandler, and probably Curry's expiring, and make us take on Manu's contract. However, Timmy D wouldnt be too happy, considering he took a paycut a few years ago just to help the team.

Originally Posted by MeloVP

LeBron is no longer a realistic possibility.
o_O

I'm refuting the longheld notion for the past two years that NY was THE big player in all this. LeBron would only go there, etc. Big lights, big cameras, you know. NYC has been the big dog until the past few months. Now they are one of a few big players. No longer the biggest.

You can't deny that LeBron to the Knicks is less of a likelihood now than it was a year ago? There are so many more teams in the fold with a lot to offer (not saying the Knicks don't) that it is less of a possibility now.

Look at the line in context of what I wrote. Why that writer wrote positively for the Amare signing.

LeBron is gonna be a Knick I just have this strange feeling I dont see him going back to Cleavland, I believe that at the end of the day hes gonna play for the Knicks because is the Garden I believe the knicks will but a winning product for him and to do it in Nyc will make him the King of Kings I just have this feeling...

bijald0331 wrote:

You can't deny that LeBron to the Knicks is less of a likelihood now than it was a year ago? There are so many more teams in the fold with a lot to offer (not saying the Knicks don't) that it is less of a possibility now.

We are in the best position we ever been in. he lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Got embarrased. we couldn't give him a chance to play with Amare a year ago could we? we lined it up for him. everything worked out right for the moment. i don't care what other teams have, nothing they do can take away our money if he doesn't come now then there was nothing we could have done to ever get him. it would have been out of our hands.

he always had financial reaosns to come. With Amare he would have legitimate basketball reasons to come.

Originally Posted by MeloVP

LeBron is no longer a realistic possibility.
o_O

I'm refuting the longheld notion for the past two years that NY was THE big player in all this. LeBron would only go there, etc. Big lights, big cameras, you know. NYC has been the big dog until the past few months. Now they are one of a few big players. No longer the biggest.

Look at the line in context of what I wrote. Why that writer wrote positively for the Amare signing.
only for a lack of competition..we declared that mission, therefore were the top dog

the heat and bulls just got into the cap clearing game, and the media leapfrogged them ahead of the knicks on lebron's list

i take everything i read with a grain of salt because these sources simply are not lebron

i haven't seen a quote from this dude since his event in Akron
laugh.gif

lemme ask you this? what do we really know about lebron's impending decision? for all we know, this could've been a rouse and he's had his mind set on remaining a cav for life for years now, or any other possible scenario

Everyday I have the same level of confidence that he'll come here, because the more reports that roll in, the quicker they get refuted and nothing really changes

indifferent.gif
at the Cavs showing this *%@@% some Family Guy %%%!..ole swagger jackin #+% dudes

Get your facts straight. The Cavs showed him that video.

You brought it up. The Heat and Bulls just got into this. Mikhail Prokorov just bought the Nets this year. There are more contenders now.

I honestly don't know anything but last year at this point, there were 2 meetings to be had : Knicks and Cavs. There were 6 in the last 3 days. Knicks possibilities only went one way, from an unbiased perspective.

Again, look at the context of what I wrote. The writer you guys are disparaging wrote that Amare's potential signing was a success because it is something good. All that happened the past 2 years for you guys has led to something beneficial.

FTR: I think LeBron is staying in Cleveland and this has all been a top-notch marketing campaign. "At least we got up to bat and swung hard"- Avery Johnson

yeah a great marketing campaign. make him hated in some of the biggest markets in the country. Chicago will think he's a vagina that couldn't fill MJ's shoes. New yorkers will think he's a vagina that couldn't leave his bubble and play for real stakes when offered a legit #2 on the biggest stage.

Top Notch

Get your facts straight. The Cavs showed him that video.

You brought it up. The Heat and Bulls just got into this. Mikhail Prokorov just bought the Nets this year. There are more contenders now.

I honestly don't know anything but last year at this point, there were 2 meetings to be had : Knicks and Cavs. There were 6 in the last 3 days. Knicks possibilities only went one way, from an unbiased perspective.

Again, look at the context of what I wrote. The writer you guys are disparaging wrote that Amare's potential signing was a success because it is something good. All that happened the past 2 years for you guys has led to something beneficial.

FTR: I think LeBron is staying in Cleveland and this has all been a top-notch marketing campaign. "At least we got up to bat and swung hard"- Avery Johnson
that's really what I was getting at..the nba is pushing this thing so hard (i think, from BTS of course) that the media had to follow suit

they've created something out of nothing, and props to stern, but at the end of the day, we still have nothing

millions of ppl are on pins and needles waiting for the decisions of a few men..this thing has become the perfect storm..next week will go down in NBA history, hopefully for the reason that lebron's chosen NY

one of the few facts we do know is that bron was house shopping but I don't really hear much about that, nothing sensational in finding a crib

..and I caught the end of what she was saying, didn't think the cavs would even do some !@@% like that..
laugh.gif
thought they were selling that "home" !@@%..should've re-did the cleveland show

Originally Posted by DubA169

bijald0331 wrote:

We are in the best position we ever been in. he lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Got embarrased. we couldn't give him a chance to play with Amare a year ago could we? we lined it up for him. everything worked out right for the moment. i don't care what other teams have, nothing they do can take away our money if he doesn't come now then there was nothing we could have done to ever get him. it would have been out of our hands.

he always had financial reaosns to come. With Amare he would have legitimate basketball reasons to come.

laugh.gif

Colangelo is doing us a favor. Because he refuses to help Bosh make a dynasty in the East somewhere else AND get a max S&T, he made Amare the #1 big man FA.

Our hope is in Texas. That Rockets deal goes through and we can't lose. Miami and Chicago were both depending on a S&T to get enough cap room. No Bosh means they have to scale back. That means Boozer and Lee. Suddenly Wade to NY makes sense, and I'm not sure LeBron doesn't see us as both the best chance at a billion and best team possible.

Originally Posted by DubA169

yeah a great marketing campaign. make him hated in some of the biggest markets in the country. Chicago will think he's a vagina that couldn't fill MJ's shoes. New yorkers will think he's a vagina that couldn't leave his bubble and play for real stakes when offered a legit #2 on the biggest stage.

Top Notch

It's comforting to know that loyalty, home roots and his impact to that community mean absolutely nothing. Cavs weren't exactly terrible last year either so you can't discount that notion and his feelings on new management.

You can think whatever you want. The national sentiment won't mirror yours.

Before you say, "well why the %$%$ did he go through all this if those were the main factors anyways?" That's why its a great campaign. For free too.

This is all my prediction. I'm just giving you my educated guess on all this. I would really enjoy it not playing out this way because the NBA would a lot more chaotic and surprising with all these pieces moving but I just don't see LeBron going anywhere.

But the important moments in James' sitdown with the team he's played with for seven seasons came when new coach Byron Scott had the floor, explaining to James his defensive-minded style, desire to push the tempo offensively, and emphasis on tireless work and practice time. In fact, people familiar with James' priorities believe the one-on-one time he spent with coaches over the past few days -- Mike D'Antoni of the Knicks, Tom Thibodeau of the Bulls, Avery Johnson of the Nets, Erik Spoelstra (and by extension, Pat Riley) of the Heat, and Scott -- will resonate with him as much as any other basketball factor. The Clippers, who haven't hired a coach yet, were the only team to court James without one.

The Knicks, still viewed by some insiders as having a puncher's chance if James is able to come to grips with leaving his hometown, included a flashy video, too. And they did their homework, producing a film playing off James' adoration of The Sopranos, as detailed by columnist Ian O'Connor of ESPN-New York. But as with the Cavs' presentation, a person familiar with the Knicks' approach said the most important segment came when Madison Square Garden chairman James Dolan, GM Donnie Walsh and other executives left the room and turned the floor over to D'Antoni. It was only James and D'Antoni in the room as the Knicks' coach passionately detailed how effective James would be in his up-tempo, pick-and-roll system as a Magic Johnson-like floor leader whose breadth of talents would be emphasized with the Knicks more than with any other team courting him.

http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/m ... ist_footer

I love it. one on one meeting about pure basketball. he's more magic than Mike. can become the greatest point guard ever with his size and ability. would be interesting.

Cavs weren't exactly terrible last year either so you can't discount that notion and his feelings on new management.
laugh.gif
Terrible in the playoffs is what matters. If LeBron had lost in the Finals in 5 or 6 I'd be really sure he wasn't leaving. The way he went out here made me think he was definitely leaving but hey maybe that Family Guy rip off convinced him those are the ppl he should stick with.

Back
Top Bottom