24/7/365 The Tomb Remains Guarded

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Crazy requirements
True soldiers right there  idiots
seriously? is life that serious to have people wasting their lives guarding some cement/rock?

get a grip...we should respect this? no one said we shouldn't respect those who fight or that its a waste of time to honor soldiers who have died...but to respect this stupid ritual and the idiots who go through all that crap is ludicrous...then to have them stand out there while whole cities are being evacuated is as ignorant and archaic as anything I've seen.

Originally Posted by copped

Crazy requirements
seriously? is life that serious to have people wasting their lives guarding some cement/rock?

get a grip...we should respect this? no one said we shouldn't respect those who fight or that its a waste of time to honor soldiers who have died...but to respect this stupid ritual and the idiots who go through all that crap is ludicrous...then to have them stand out there while whole cities are being evacuated is as ignorant and archaic as anything I've seen.
off yourself

Originally Posted by gambit215

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

What's so incredible and cool about this? 
laugh.gif

How bad we waste our tax dollars
tired.gif

Making a Simp guard nothing regardless of the elements? Too Bad Obama would never grow some and get rid of this.................Matter of fact he would probably get impeached if he did that..

FOH son.
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

Originally Posted by MECKS

Q: What are the physical traits of the guard limited to?

A: For a person to apply for guard duty at the tomb, he must be between 5' 10" and 6' 2" tall and his waist size cannot exceed 30".

Other requirements of the Guard:

They must commit 2 years of life to guard the tomb, live in a barracks under the tomb, and cannot drink any alcohol on or off duty FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES. They cannot swear in public FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES and cannot disgrace the uniform {fighting} or the tomb in any way.

After TWO YEARS, the guard is given a wreath pin that is worn on their lapel signifying they served as guard of the tomb. There are only 400 presently worn. The guard must obey these rules for the rest of their lives or give up the wreath pin.

The shoes are specially made with very thick soles to keep the heat and cold from their feet. There are metal heel plates that extend to the top of the shoe in order to make the loud click as they come to a halt. There are no wrinkles, folds or lint on the uniform. Guards dress for duty in front of a full-length mirror.

The first SIX MONTHS of duty a guard cannot talk to anyone, nor watch TV. All off duty time is spent studying the 175 notable people laid to rest in Arlington National Cemetery. A guard must memorize who they are and where they are interred. Among the notables are: President Taft, Joe E. Lewis {the boxer} and Medal of Honor winner Audie Murphy, {the most decorated soldier of WWII} of Hollywood fame. Every guard spends FIVE HOURS A DAY getting his uniforms ready for guard duty.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

Originally Posted by MECKS

Q: What are the physical traits of the guard limited to?

A: For a person to apply for guard duty at the tomb, he must be between 5' 10" and 6' 2" tall and his waist size cannot exceed 30".

Other requirements of the Guard:

They must commit 2 years of life to guard the tomb, live in a barracks under the tomb, and cannot drink any alcohol on or off duty FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES. They cannot swear in public FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES and cannot disgrace the uniform {fighting} or the tomb in any way.

After TWO YEARS, the guard is given a wreath pin that is worn on their lapel signifying they served as guard of the tomb. There are only 400 presently worn. The guard must obey these rules for the rest of their lives or give up the wreath pin.

The shoes are specially made with very thick soles to keep the heat and cold from their feet. There are metal heel plates that extend to the top of the shoe in order to make the loud click as they come to a halt. There are no wrinkles, folds or lint on the uniform. Guards dress for duty in front of a full-length mirror.

The first SIX MONTHS of duty a guard cannot talk to anyone, nor watch TV. All off duty time is spent studying the 175 notable people laid to rest in Arlington National Cemetery. A guard must memorize who they are and where they are interred. Among the notables are: President Taft, Joe E. Lewis {the boxer} and Medal of Honor winner Audie Murphy, {the most decorated soldier of WWII} of Hollywood fame. Every guard spends FIVE HOURS A DAY getting his uniforms ready for guard duty.
eek.gif
Not true its at ft myer in va i know badge holders who get it in as little as 4 months and yes you can drink and etc but if you get a dui or anything of that nature you bring shame to the badge so they take it and your name is erased from the books forever thats all its not that serious but its a very respectable job in the armed forces you have the badge you get respect any where 

My not believe in the wars/foreign policy, but I always respect our soldiers.  Amazing pix.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

What's so incredible and cool about this? 
laugh.gif

tired.gif

30t6p3b.gif
  people are morons.

No respect for anything.  It's a damn shame there are people like this around.  If it wasn't for the sacrafices of the soldiers that this monument represents, than you pathetic idiots wouldn't be able to post the dumb comments that you do.
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
  That Patrick Bateman clown is the same dude who claims that 9-11 was "fake". 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by copped

Crazy requirements

Really?  I can almost guarantee that the soldier guarding that tomb in the hurricane was PROUD to do it.  Maybe you're the one that should get a grip.  Better yet, just stick your head in the freezer.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

this neo-i hate everything the government does movement is getting bigger everyday on NT.

yup nothing but a bunch of @*#*%#% losers who have nothing better to do with their lives than to blame everyone but themselves for being the way they are. which is anal retentive losers...

indifferent.gif

where did all these hippies come from?

most pathetic thing about these negative comments is that these same dudes would be all
pimp.gif
eek.gif
 , and "much respect" if this was done by the japanese, british, chinese, or some other non US country... you dudes try way too hard...     

I'm not bashing anything, just wanted to know why it's always
Thought there was more to it than just being symbolic.

There's a 24 Hour peep show place near me.  I wonder if that place was open too.
Respect to that guard.

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

tired.gif

30t6p3b.gif
  people are morons.

No respect for anything.  It's a damn shame there are people like this around.  If it wasn't for the sacrafices of the soldiers that this monument represents, than you pathetic idiots wouldn't be able to post the dumb comments that you do.
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
  Right. As for your last sentence, I never said it was "fake"..planned and orchestrated by the people you trust? Absolutely. 
happy.gif

It isn't about the country; it's about the soldiers. Contrary to popular belief, most people don't want to go to war. It's just the best option for some people. That's why the military's socioeconomic is what it is. Plus, every country has one of these Tombs. This is just soldiers paying respect to other soldiers. Nothing more, nothing less.

30t6p3b.gif
  people are morons.

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
  Right. As for your last sentence, I never said it was "fake"..planned and orchestrated by the people you trust? Absolutely. 
happy.gif

30t6p3b.gif

I'm not getting into this arguement with you again over 9-11, because it's obvious that your tin-foil hat does not allow common sense to flow freely to your brain.  But being disrespectful to fallen soldiers and the traditions that honor them, that is downright pathetic.

Uuuummm... so there's a dude holding a metal gun pointing upwards during a huge storm... and he's there to protect a bunch of dead body's and ash... yeah about that. .

30t6p3b.gif
  people are morons.

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
happy.gif

30t6p3b.gif

I'm not getting into this arguement with you again over 9-11, because it's obvious that your tin-foil hat does not allow common sense to flow freely to your brain.  But being disrespectful to fallen soldiers and the traditions that honor them, that is downright pathetic.
Tin foil hat blah blah blah, be more original my man 
alien.gif
..  At the end of the day, I asked a question. How you somehow managed to call me disrespectful, a pathetic idiot, a clown and a moron because I don't see what's so incredible or cool about this is beyond me. 
eyes.gif

Enjoy your day.

laugh.gif
happy.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Tin foil hat blah blah blah, be more original my man 
alien.gif
..  At the end of the day, I asked a question. How you somehow managed to call me disrespectful, a pathetic idiot, a clown and a moron because I don't see what's so incredible or cool about this is beyond me. 
eyes.gif

Enjoy your day.

Thanks.  I will.
happy.gif

I'm sure there is plenty that is "beyond you". 
wink.gif

Some of you people really just need to find another country to live in..seriously. Seems like America can do no right in your eyes. Just go!

Damn, US Soldiers can't even get respect from some of yall. +!@%%#@ pathetic
30t6p3b.gif

Sad to see this younger generation not care about anything besides swagger and skinny jeans. Hopefully alot of yall grow up.

It doesn't really matter whether or not you agree with war or any of that stuff. It's about the sacrifice that the soldiers made to keep our country free. I'm not overly patriotic, but I respect them for going and doing something I'm not willing to do. I'd never want to go onto foreign, enemy lines and have bullets shot at me.

Mad Respect to these men. If you can't give that, sign up for the military and see how easy of a job it is.

Back
Top Bottom