24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

If you're having a problem with TU, I found a US number on the fico forums. 888-259-6845

I'll hopefully have everything resolved by tomorrow.

Those indian call centers. :smh:

Anyone know how to get late student loan payments removed? I got a little sloppy in 2012 when I took a new job/pay cut:smh:

word to the wise, if you can't afford payment just call them and explain. I was paying here and there and all the while for months they showed me as late.

Anyone know how to get late student loan payments removed? I got a little sloppy in 2012 when I took a new job/pay cut:smh:

word to the wise, if you can't afford payment just call them and explain. I was paying here and there and all the while for months they showed me as late.

Maybe contact them and ask for a goodwill deletion? If you explain what your situation was and you've had good payment history since then they may be understanding and remove the lates from your report. If that doesn't work you may have to go through one of those pay to fix your credit companies posted on the last few pages.

Maybe contact them and ask for a goodwill deletion? If you explain what your situation was and you've had good payment history since then they may be understanding and remove the lates from your report. If that doesn't work you may have to go through one of those pay to fix your credit companies posted on the last few pages.

Thank you. Yeah I reached out to Sallie Mae/Navient for a goodwill deletion and they encouraged me to speak to the credit bureaus. I may use on of those services.

Last edited:
Thank you. Yeah I reached out to Sallie Mae/Navient for a goodwill deletion and they encouraged me to speak to the credit bureaus. I may use on of those services.

Yea I don't think the credit bureaus can do anything about it they might just be giving you the run around. Best of luck fam.

They wont remove it and those services wont help either. Your just going to have to hope and pray they adjust it and you find a gpod agent willing to help or wait 7 years for it to drop off

Last edited:
Just got hit with a fraudulent charge on one of my cards. Sign up for text and email alerts kids.

Damn man seems like it inevitable to get cc info stolen at some point. I work with CC's daily & the amount of ppl get their info stolen is crazy.

Last edited:
Looks like there's a leak somewhere with Macy's.com. Recently put in an order with Macy's, week later (today) I get notified of a possible fraudulent charge with FRG*TEAMFANSHOP which I think is Fanatics.com. I'm one of quite a few on a relatively small forum

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1480785/

Another reason why I use credit cards for all transactions and never debit. I get refunded ASAP with no hassle.

I went to the bank for mortgage pre-approval and found out my credit scores are: 780 (trans) / 769 (fax) / 754 (exp) . :smokin Took a deep sign of relief to see that it didn't actually go down. The transunion score was much higher than what CK was telling me.

Looks like there's a leak somewhere with Macy's.com. Recently put in an order with Macy's, week later (today) I get notified of a possible fraudulent charge with FRG*TEAMFANSHOP which I think is Fanatics.com. I'm one of quite a few on a relatively small forum

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1480785/

Another reason why I use credit cards for all transactions and never debit. I get refunded ASAP with no hassle.

Someone buying some Michael Jordan throwbacks with your card bro :lol:

just got my last letter in

no need to post it, i made my point already

next quarterly update ill show my score before an after...............good luck guys

Just got my Discover IT card. Turns out my credit score is 765 according to the intro papers. Now, is the card that comes with it with the "activate" sticker, the actual credit card? Just wondering cause on the back it states the valid through date but no year after it. Only the "Member since 2016"

EDIT: I'm a dummy. I figured it out. 

Last edited:
Just got my Discover IT card. Turns out my credit score is 765 according to the intro papers. Now, is the card that comes with it with the "activate" sticker, the actual credit card? Just wondering cause on the back it states the valid through date but no year after it. Only the "Member since 2016"

over 750, congrats.

Damn man seems like it inevitable to get cc info stolen at some point. I work with CC's daily & the amount of ppl get their info stolen is crazy.

Just got my CC information stolen this morning from an alert. all good. cancelled and a new one coming in

Back
Top Bottom