24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Thats terrible lol PNC has a $300 deal for 5K worth of direct deposits within 2 months and swiping the debit card 10 times.

You only need a direct deposit of $500+ within 10 days to get the $300. It's a switch I was planning to make anyway since theres a Chase 2 mins from my house. It's an easy $500.

question i want to raise my limit on a couple cards but once im bout to do it, it says they are going to run my credit.

is this a good idea?

question i want to raise my limit on a couple cards but once im bout to do it, it says they are going to run my credit.

is this a good idea?

I wouldn't take a hard pull on the credit report for a credit increase, especially if there is a large purchase in the future (auto loan/mortgage).

is this a good idea?
I only do it with soft pulls. It's usually not worth the hard pull (credit report being run).

Their refusing to remove as a pay for delete spoke to several people.

Is it worth having paid as full status?

Im reading that it will have no positive effect.

Their saying i have to wait one more year to have it removed

You only need a direct deposit of $500+ within 10 days to get the $300. It's a switch I was planning to make anyway since theres a Chase 2 mins from my house. It's an easy $500.
does paypal qualify as direct deposit? some say it does , some doesnt

Their refusing to remove as a pay for delete spoke to several people.

Is it worth having paid as full status?

Im reading that it will have no positive effect.

Their saying i have to wait one more year to have it removed

Do you have something like a car or home loan coming up within the year that you need? Or anything else where they will pull your credit report? New apartment or something? If so, go ahead and pay it to show paid in full. If not, wait that year to have it paid for deletion.

does paypal qualify as direct deposit? some say it does , some doesnt

I think it may depend on the bank. You may want to call and ask. Bank of America it counts as direct deposit.

Thanks guys. Reps to both of you.

Still trying to decide if I should get a secured card or wait until I pay my collection and get an unsecured.

Go ahead and get that discover it secured bruh. Itso the only one other than navy federal that gives you points back and they have it where they match your rewards after the first year. It also has a very good chance if used correct to graduate after a year and thethe send the deposit back and upgrade the card to unsecured with a nice cli.

Pm me your email and I'll send you a referral if you decide to do thisand we both get 50 bucks in rewards.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Reps to both of you.

Still trying to decide if I should get a secured card or wait until I pay my collection and get an unsecured.

Personally if I were you, I would start with a secured card now and use this opportunity to get into the right habits and establish a history.

Agreed with getting the secured card as soon as possible. It's not going to do anything to hurt you right now!

I got a unique code from the USPS moving packet. You just have to set up direct deposit to the account and you'll get the $300 within 10 days.

You can also get $200 for opening up a savings account and keeping $15K in there for 90 days.
I have been debating opening a Citi Bank checking account that offers a similar deal... $15k for 30 days and they give a bonus of $400.

Only real catch is you have to keep $10k after the 30days or they will hit you with the $25 monthly fee.. 

thoughts?

Got the city diamond preferred. Like the 21 months 0 interest. Next card will be CSR then I'm set.

Back
Top Bottom