24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

I need a balance transfer card like the Discover IT with a 0% apr for the first yr. My usage is about 80% right now (4k on ~5k limit). Scores are all in the 730ish range. Think I'll still get approved. 0 lates or deragatories.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    167.7 KB · Views: 12

Don't think it's UR points. its just 20k "aarp" points that can be used as statement credit or cashback to your chase account.

I'm fairly certain the only cards you receive UR points are chase freedom, unlimited, preferred and reserve. Also the business ink cards. I researched this a few months back.

http://www.aarpcreditcard.com/

Important points:

• No annual fee

• AARP membership not required (leave that field blank)

• 3% on restaurants & gas

• The 5/24 rule isn't applied to this card, so if you're over 5/24 you can be approved. But being approved for the card will apply to your 5/24 total
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/150-sign-bonus-chase-aarp-card-3-restaurants-gas-stations/

^^ Thx bro, so Yes it would count. I'm not gonna spend one of my choices for $200. I'd rather signup for a 50K + Mile Bonus.

On another note, when you sign up for Chase CC's such as United Mileage Explorer per say, is the 50K a one-time life bonus?

Or can you get the bonus after you wait 24 months?

Because I had this card in 2014, and would sign up again if the 50K is offered to me. But not sure if they would give it to me.

Don't you guys love how you have to sign the credit cards agreement clause or else you can't get a card! I had a card for 20k, and then they cut my available balance in half

So I look at my credit score on credit karma and noticed that it dropped 50 points due to a missed payment on my car note. It says 30-59 days past due but the payment for June already shows up and it hasn't even been 30 days since the July payment went through. Should I dispute and call or just dispute the charge?

So I look at my credit score on credit karma and noticed that it dropped 50 points due to a missed payment on my car note. It says 30-59 days past due but the payment for June already shows up and it hasn't even been 30 days since the July payment went through. Should I dispute and call or just dispute the charge?

We're u actually late? I'd call either way..they will tell u when u were late and why the charge was issued

^ That's my goal for the next 1-2 years. Fell on some semi-hard times and made a lot of bad decisions. Slowly trying to get everything situated and pay off all my cards.

Applied & approved for the IHG 80K sign up bonus. I also took advantage of the Delta gold 60K sign up bonus. :smokin

Signed up for the CIP and got approved next day.

Easy 80k UR points via Venmo and I used my girl's referral link so she gets 20k :pimp:

Just got a CLI.
DiscoverIT?

If so, I got one about a week or so ago too. Got a Credit Karma alert that I had a credit increase and looked and saw it was for that account. Logged in and sure enough, it was increased. Didn't fill out anything or get an notice about it either that I can recall. I'll take it though :smokin

Back
Top Bottom