24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

https://www.capitalone.com/bundle500/

$300 bonus for making two direct deposits of $250 or more to the checking account. Another $200 of you got $10k to transfer to a money market account.

No maintenance fee, no minimum balance require. Cancel after you get your bonuses.

Do the direct deposits have to be from your employer, or can you do an ACH transfer from another account into CapOne and count those?

Do the direct deposits have to be from your employer, or can you do an ACH transfer from another account into CapOne and count those?

fine print says employer or government payments

I don't think ACH in general counts as a direct deposit as supposedly theres a difference between the two

image.png

Nah has to be paycheck or retirement income statement

All direct deposit uses ACH for transfers. However, a lot of banks are tracking down on legit direct deposits from employers and such.

I don't work for anybody so I don't have a direct deposit. I transferred money from my brokerage account (TDAmeritrade) and my online savings account (GSBank) and it triggered the bonus.

Last edited:
All direct deposit uses ACH for transfers. However, a lot of banks are tracking down on legit direct deposits from employers and such.

I don't work for anybody so I don't have a direct deposit. I transferred money from my brokerage account (TDAmeritrade) and my online savings account (GSBank) and it triggered the bonus.

So I could open up an Ally online savings account, put in $500+... then open the CapOne account and make 2 transfers of $250+ each... and get this $300?

Would any of these cards accept a balance of about 10k on a balance transfer ? Looking to get from under this Navy Fed card in the next couple of years and it's damn near impossible with this high of a balance

Fico score is 703

Would any of these cards accept a balance of about 10k on a balance transfer ? Looking to get from under this Navy Fed card in the next couple of years and it's damn near impossible with this high of a balance

Fico score is 703

Only if ur approved for that much

Damn 3% on gas and restaurants is good for me. But I just signed up for the chaseFU (it hasn't even come in the mail yet). I wonder if this card builds chase UR points? I'm on it if it does
It isn't part of the ultimate rewards. The only cards that are part of the UR are the chase freedom, freedom unlimited, sapphire preferred and sapphire reserve.

Gonna use that Capital One deal. Could use that $300 for Toronto in December. :pimp:

^^ I called today to confirm the bonus. They said if you weren't Targeted then there's a chance you won't get the bonus.

Sucks because I was aiming for the $500 Bonus with the 2 Direct Deposits and 10K Cash Deposit, but when I called they would NOT guarantee the bonus.

So I don't want to take a chance if it's not guaranteed. Hope you other NT'ers that did it, get it though.

^^ I called today to confirm the bonus. They said if you weren't Targeted then there's a chance you won't get the bonus.

Sucks because I was aiming for the $500 Bonus with the 2 Direct Deposits and 10K Cash Deposit, but when I called they would NOT guarantee the bonus.

So I don't want to take a chance if it's not guaranteed. Hope you other NT'ers that did it, get it though.

FYI don't call, it screws up your chances. I got the 400 dollar checking bonus using a promo code from boston (I live in California). I made two 250 dollar deposits and got my 400 bucks

Damn for some reason I can't login to my chase account on the app, it tells me to go to the PC site but when I do that it says I have no account info and to call them :stoneface: . Wish they had live chat not trying to sit on the phone

Last edited:

They've done a similar promo in the past with the same fineprint regarding being targeted. People still got their bonuses without being targeted.

They've done a similar promo in the past with the same fineprint regarding being targeted. People still got their bonuses without being targeted.

I know it's happened and the lady told me there is a strong possibility that I will get it, but these days I don't take anyone at face value lol.

I don't wanna move 10K so the feds can track my cheese, plus get hit with a credit inquiry on my report to open the account.

Like P said, "Sign Deals, ONLY if the Math is REAL"

Obviously it's your money, but I got my $200 almost instantly after transferring the $10k. Now waiting for some direct deposits to hit the checking account to collect the $300.

Obviously it's your money, but I got my $200 almost instantly after transferring the $10k. Now waiting for some direct deposits to hit the checking account to collect the $300.

I just opened the checking account to get the $300 possibly, I'd rather do that then move 10K. It ends tonight, so I didn't wanna run to the bank to fund it to make the deadline.

In any case, there's a Capital One down the block from me, so I can always go in and cancel my account. Hopefully I get the bonus, that way I'll cancel asap.

I have 4 bank accounts with this one, I've been juggling these Sign Up Bonuses. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom