24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Can you hurry up and add cash to your TD account?

It's already pending on my TD and posted on my Chase.

TD said they would waive the overdraw fees.

It's in limbo for some reason because it says pending on TD but "posted" and reflected in my credit bump on my Chase account.

I didn't think it could be both?

It's already pending on my TD and posted on my Chase.

TD said they would waive the overdraw fees.

It's in limbo for some reason because it says pending on TD but "posted" and reflected in my credit bump on my Chase account.

I didn't think it could be both?

Happens to me all the time. Payment would post on my CC but the cash wouldn't get pulled from my checking until a day later

Last month it went up 23 points both Equifax and transunion and I was at 20%

Yea I don’t think you’ll get as big a jump from 20% to less than 10%. I’m assuming the 20% last month was coming from 30+% the month before?

Last month it went up 23 points both Equifax and transunion and I was at 20%
If your checking on credit karma Ive notices not all of my cards report at the same time each month for whatever reason. I figured it would be around the statement date but its random sometimes

Yea I don’t think you’ll get as big a jump from 20% to less than 10%. I’m assuming the 20% last month was coming from 30+% the month before?

Your correct. What advice do you have ? I just got another card a couple days ago due date for both are the 28th and the statement dates are the 3rd and 4th.

I have a late payment on one of my cards. :frown:
Is it over for me or can I get this removed in any way? It’s on a Capital One card.

So I own a discoverit card... my first CC. Zero late payments, pay in full always, use it every month etc.

Now I'm thinking of getting a new CC... one that is not discoverit know what I mean? I'm assuming in the long run if I want a house/car, just having a DiscoverIt card wont do me any justice.

thoughts and advice much appreciated!

So I own a discoverit card... my first CC. Zero late payments, pay in full always, use it every month etc.

Now I'm thinking of getting a new CC... one that is not discoverit know what I mean? I'm assuming in the long run if I want a house/car, just having a DiscoverIt card wont do me any justice.

If your credit score is decent, I'd try for an Amex... either the blue cash or everyday if you want points for travel conversion. The reason I say Amex is because you can build your credit limit very fast. Discover too.. Both these cards leveled up the fastest for me and are about 30k each now. Whatever you do... save chase cards for last. They never want to increase a limit. They still insulting me with the 1500 limit from when I got outta high school on my freedom.... Got me feeling like Ash CatchEm Walking into indigo plateau with lvl 100 charizard and a pikachu..

I went chase freedom, discover IT, then amex blue everyday. very pleased with my experience so far with the IT and amex blue. Let me know if you need that referral for the amex :smokin

Your correct. What advice do you have ? I just got another card a couple days ago due date for both are the 28th and the statement dates are the 3rd and 4th.

That’s probably another reason for the small increase. I’m sure the inquiry and the drop in average age might have held your score back from going up another 10 points or so. Nothing else you can really do other than just let your accounts age. The inquiry will stop affecting your score in a year and your score will continue to go up as your accounts age.

The type of credit card won’t matter in getting a mortgage or car loan or really any type of loan but having multiple revolving credit lines will likely help your score in the long run

I've never paid a late fee or Interest in my life.

But when paying off the Credit Card bill in full every month, it's hard to send when you have a balance of 3-5K :lol:

I recently had to spend $3k to get the bonus miles, I already knew beforehand. But it still hurts

Might apply for that new amazon/whole foods card. 5% at both places makes too much sense not to :lol:

Kinda shopping around for a new card. Thinking about Amex. Gotta look up and compare their points system vs chase (my current card)

I'm tempted every day to get the Platinum card :smh:

I couldn't find anything online really, but from Amex's site, it says I can only upgrade to the Plat from Gold PRG, not outright apply.

Anyone have experience or info concerning that? Would I have to close the Gold first? I want those bonus points babayy.

I'm tempted every day to get the Platinum card :smh:

I couldn't find anything online really, but from Amex's site, it says I can only upgrade to the Plat from Gold PRG, not outright apply.

Anyone have experience or info concerning that? Would I have to close the Gold first? I want those bonus points babayy.

Why can't you outright apply? You also prob won't get the bonus if you upgrade.

My student checking with TD is about to graduate to a standard checking account so I'll have to keep a minimum balance....but really not trying to worry about that. What banks do you all recommend that have free checking without minimums?

My student checking with TD is about to graduate to a standard checking account so I'll have to keep a minimum balance....but really not trying to worry about that. What banks do you all recommend that have free checking without minimums?

Chase college is completely free

Back
Top Bottom