24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Uh, it's your fault for opening an account just to close.

I know but I’ve had it for like a year now. I was just annoyed when I made that post I’m all good now it actually closed the next day, before my direct deposit came in

Signed up for the Marriott Premier Rewards card with 100k points yesterday. Gonna put the 5k minimum spend towards my school loans and use the points to ball out in hotels until that annual fee hits again. Anyone have any tips on how to maximize that card? I already have the Chase Reserve so this will be my secondary card.

For Discover CLI, you're not gonna keep getting it if you enter the same stats every time. If your salary game is weak, they're not going to give it to you just because you asked for it.

For Discover CLI, you're not gonna keep getting it if you enter the same stats every time. If your salary game is weak, they're not going to give it to you just because you asked for it.
They ask for liquid assets as well now. Gotta have that paper in your acct

So at around a 720 Vantage currently; Just applied for the Navy Fed Cash rewards, and was approved for 15k. I'd like to get an Amex and also one of the Chase Cards. At what score approximately should one apply for the Amex everyday Blue and also the Chase Sapphire?

So at around a 720 Vantage currently; Just applied for the Navy Fed Cash rewards, and was approved for 15k. I'd like to get an Amex and also one of the Chase Cards. At what score approximately should one apply for the Amex everyday Blue and also the Chase Sapphire?

Is the NFC rewards card your first credit card? If not and you have a credit history of at least 12 months, you should be able to get both AMEX and the Chase, given you have a squeaky clean profile of on time payments and no charge offs or BK. Chase requires at least 12 months of credit history before issuing their CC. I've read AMEX will issue the BCE with a minimum score of 670-680. That'll barely get you in with a not so high limit and higher APR. Get your actual FICO scores if you want to know your chances. They may be higher or lower than you vantage 3.0 scores. Neither issuers use vantage.

I'd think a score in the 700s should get you the Amex. I have the same card, they give such good limits and also a chance to bump them up pretty quickly.

When someones runs a hard inquiry how many days do you have to apply to multiple things until it becomes a 2nd hard pull?

When someones runs a hard inquiry how many days do you have to apply to multiple things until it becomes a 2nd hard pull?

It really depends. If you apply for a chase you can prob apply for another chase the day of and they’ll combine the pulls. But if you apply for a chase and apply for a discover the same day, that’s two hard inquiries

:lol:

Wit all due respec, this is not the reason bruh.

Last edited:
Can someone point me in a good direction on how to get a small business loan!!! I figured this would be the best thread on NT to ask.

Will adding someone to my credit card drop my score if theirs is low? Would it make a difference in raising theirs?

Will adding someone to my credit card drop my score if theirs is low? Would it make a difference in raising theirs?
I added my gf to my credit card and her credit score was in the low 500's, and mine in the 700's and it helped raise her score to the high 500's and adding them won't effect your score.

I added my gf to my credit card and her credit score was in the low 500's, and mine in the 700's and it helped raise her score to the high 500's and adding them won't effect your score.
Appreciate the response. Not trying to get dropped from the 800 club :lol:

It's funny how people look at me differently when I pull out my Amex to make a purchase. Not gonna lie, lately I've been pulling it out when the cashier is a cute girl. I still prefer my Discover though

Can someone point me in a good direction on how to get a small business loan!!! I figured this would be the best thread on NT to ask.

Any update on this? I’m looking to secure a line of credit for my new business. Applied for the Chase Ink Preferred card last week but had to send in my EIN paperwork via fax, so it’ll be another week or 2 before I hear back.

Back
Top Bottom