24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

As a serial CLI requester I've found bank of America stops me around 25k limit before asking for more information. Six figures has no effect. Chase i can go higher, about 8k per request. Amex can go HAM with increases.

Can anyone recommend business cards with a high sign up bonus and that won't report to personal credit? I've got most of them, but asking to see if I overlooked any.

Last edited:
27352CC5-77C3-43BA-B837-CF525B91DE8D.png

Started from the bottom now we here.

I only have credit cards as lines of credit now so I imagine I won't be seeing any large jumps going forward

What is the most credit you can get on a chase card before you have to show paperwork of income??

So I recently went on credit karma and noticed that a student loan(~800) that was in collection fell off my accounts. My equifax jumped 36 points while transunion stayed the same. Why is that?

Making good money finally but my credit is ****ed cause of student loans. Don't have any credit cards and got denied for a secured credit card even tho I make around 90k a year. :rofl:

Gonna have to wait a few months for this default to drop off my report I guess.

Which is more accurate between credit karma and discover for credit score?

Credit Karma, & whatever “credit score” Discover/Capital One/Etc... give you is just a simulation. FICO is where you want to get the most accurate credit score.

Which is more accurate between credit karma and discover for credit score?

The score Discover offers is your Transunion FICO 8 score, which is accurate. That is the score 90% of lenders look at to extend credit. Discover also offers your Experian FICO 8 score on another website of theirs. It is creditscorecard.com. It is free to register. You can register there if you don't have an account with AMEX, which also offers your Experian FICO 8 score for free.

Don't worry about the scores on CK. CK is only good to view your reports.

Can you get FICO for free? CK has me at 797 and discover 820

A lot of my CC’s offer for it for free, I have a Discount Tire Card, & Walmart CC that are backed by Synchrony Bank. They offer it for free but it only updates once a month.
On Credit Wise by Capital One, & Credit Karma I’m at a 743, but on FICO that was updated last month on the 17th I was at 702.

Trying to be debt free by the end of the year, I feel like after my next update I should be in the 720’s. This FICO uses Score 8.

49D3B2D8-68FF-4C44-8559-1FF987B866A0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom