2nd Annual N.C. Sneaker Summit Saturday November 21st Charlotte, NC

I'm literally about to faint from being tired.

The turnout from the crowd wasn't what I had hoped for. But I thank everyone who came out, and everyone who participated as well.

I'm proud of what we all worked for,and the best thing that came out of it that many people told me they were able to network.

Thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart.

Good to see everybody that showed up. Wasnt a bad turnout...saw sum definite heat. Shout out to FYSH, they def doin it big
*LOCAL CELEBRITY*

"Bush Man 202,"
Much respect man. You Rakim, I'm just trying to catch up! Nothing worth mentioning @ Fashion Ave in Durham on ride back. Made the "big" stopto Salisbury. I see nothing has changed!

"Air Ant23,"
In the great words of 'Bunk' from 'The Wire' (Season 5), "Shame on you, and I mean it."
laugh.gif
Damn man, I would have paid your $5 just to get in. I jive owe you forlooking out on info when I took the fam down to Charlotte this past summer.

Real talk, I think I'm the only dude who got stopped at the door more than once, making sure everything was paid (walked out with 3 shoes, didn't seeanyone else buy more than 1-2 tops not from the $50 table).

Went in with $400, left with $16 and a happy man (someone still in debt with a seller, but I'll cover that asap
wink.gif
).

- Big shout out to Velocity Style (www.velocitystyle.com) for selling the black and white Dee Brown retros for$90. I will be supporting your store and pointing people to y'all! Special shout to the real "spacej23" from SC for texting me before I gotthere with the heads up.
eyes.gif
@ pickyourshoes.com!
laugh.gif

- Another shoutout to all them legit dudes from South Carolina, that "Team SC" crew. Any of you all need anything (Tyler will vouch my, er,"connects" I hate to say) just holla... with PATIENCE after EARLY REQUEST (repeat x one hundred, thousand, trillion). Banana Fudge shake fromCookout got y'all a free life discount pass with me! Jeah!
laugh.gif

- To the female that was there (who also graced the cover of the flyer) you look just as awesome in person. I know its wack saying that online, but I'm ahappily married man with ring in tact 24/7. And approaching you to tell you that in person... These days... Just never know how it may be interpreted!
laugh.gif
"Compliments" just can't be innocent and motive-freethese days with the opposite sex. Game has changed FTL.
tired.gif

- To Mr. NCSneakerSummit, I know I been busting your balls in this thread. But that's just me. Great event,organized, and I'll support every year guaranteed.

- And I gotta shout out DTLR, just cause! Hate the company (Levtran), love most of the people that work for the company (outside Bmore main office). Free "Gucci without thered" LRG hats
laugh.gif
and multiple $50 gift cards for raffle were a goodlook, period.
pimp.gif

eyes.gif
@ majority in attendance in their KAZE "Fresh" but not buyinganything. Browsing can be done up the street at North Lake Mall, free of charge. Bammas! Dudes ain't pay $50/each for a table to not sell, and sellerswere being more than fair.
indifferent.gif

My pickups are nothing special, thus, a few pics I had to take while there (from BB curve, sorry for crappy pics)...

Yea they def was some steals...was gonna cop some p-rods for the misses but she kept flip floppin so I copped some shirts for me and her...ill post them laterin the wk. Def would have liked to have stayed longer to do more networking with everyone but its cool.

Minus people not being able to read a sign(do not TOUCH!), and people lowballin' mylowball prices, I had a good time. I would have loved to sell more than I did, which would have been nothing if my homey Kevin didn't buy anything(thanksa ton!), but I still had a good time nonetheless. I don't think I'd ever display again, but I definitely will come and show support.

Krooma - What's up?! It was cool talking to you and your homey.

Bush Man 2002 - I actually pointed you out to Kevin, but I stayed at my table themajority of thetime.
embarassed.gif

KT - Nice meeting you man. It sucks you didn't get as much traffic as you would like, but it wasstill a good time. One suggestion though...

Whenever announcements were being made, it was a little hard to hear.
ohwell.gif
All in all, great job. Can't wait for the next one.

^damn homie I wish u would have spoke to me lol. I didn't know who was who besides Kev, my mans who had a table display on the further upper righttable(4got his name but see him in FA when I do swing thru) and my man Lemont who owns Kosmic Kickz...would have liked to have chopped it up more with thedifferent NTers there but its all good.

A lot of cats was just standing there just peeping out what u was wearing....INTERACT DAMNIT lol

Originally Posted by Bush Man 2002

A lot of cats was just standing there just peeping out what u was wearing....INTERACT DAMNIT lol
If you weren't wearing "Gucci SBs" or Ye's, you weren't "doing it" with the majority.

It is what it is.
laugh.gif

Until "we" go back to the way it was pre-2003--respect and love because you're buying/selling within the same circle--again, it is what it is. Mr. Steve Mullafraud and SOLE changed the culture for the worst. TRUST!

Dudes had heat (vintage AF1, classic runners, etc.) and it was like those items didn't exist on tables!

The fact that you see foams everywhere, and not ONE flightposite (TBs, Carbon Fibers, o.g. pearls, o.g. red/gray, SOMETHING) shows how the majority just followthe e-trend of coolness.

Shocked that no Bobcats sponsorship/giveaways was there. Coming from out of town, with NC being MJ town, and him being employed there in Charlotte, and havingJB athletes on the team. But I was impressed with all the Jordan collections on display, as expected...

I was planning on initiating some dialogue with you when you walked to my table, but thatnever happened.
laugh.gif

I figured you'd might make your way back around because I saw plenty of the same faces come to mytable over and over again, but I guess your girl wasn't having you staying very long.
tongue.gif
I guess I should haveleft my table, but I didn't want to leave my table unattended for too long and I didn't want to leave my girl there solo.

I agree with you though. A lot of people were just silent looking dudes up and down. I was only able tohave a good conversation with just a few people because whenever I tried starting up some conversation, most would just look back with blank stares anddip.
tired.gif

^I feel u

I would have liked some of the OG NTers from NC out to the summit (Blco02, Quadaffi, Ali, Cannibus2000bc...or something along those lines)....but I know thosecats are long gone from NT. Just me & Ant are the only OGs from the area lol.

i actually had a nice time seen a lotta heat the dj could of had betta spins but he still held it down TRUTH is hands down THE TRUTH never seen sumthin like inperson thanks fo the lebrons the timing was kinda off being that it was early but i still had a great experience it was worth the drive from TN

Damn I'm down in SC right now just got in last night and missed this! Anyone know of any spots down in SC i would really pre she ate it!

Originally Posted by dakid926

Damn I'm down in SC right now just got in last night and missed this! Anyone know of any spots down in SC i would really pre she ate it!
None. We had a sneaker boutique, but it's not in business anymore.

spacej23 can give you more info on that.

My first time messing with Adobe Premiere Pro, so i hope ya'll enjoy the recap! Also, Flava Factory has their recap on their blog, which came out pretty good!

smh.gif
i ALWAYS forget about the regional forum

I'm from SC and me and my homeboy made the trip. it was pretty good... alotta heat. Only thing that was kinda wack were the dancers haha.

We found out about alotta sneaker boutiques and stuff in charlotte and gboro so we'll be headin back to check those out

And we'll def. be back next year

I am salty that I missed this, but I was helping a friend move that day (and was also totally unaware this was even going on). Hadn't been to the regionalforums -- or NT in general -- in quite a while. Hope everyone had fun.

Back
Top Bottom