3/16 Lakers v. Rockets (Where 22 Happens)

Walkin Memorial wrote:
okay congrats to the Rocket fans
you guys win kool
us Laker fans were Pau-less
but the Rockets arent gonna win crap in the playoffs imageimageimage and its the truth

And Lakers fans wonder why people hate us. We were Pau less, but they were Yao less. It was actually a pretty evenly matched game. Our PG's just got outplayed and Battier locked down Kobe. There's no need to bring playoffs into this game post. When that time comes, it comes. As for now, Congrats to the Rockets. 22 is a row is amazing. Lakers need to take note on how the Rockets play defense.

i dont care if other fans hate lakers fans oh well too damn bad its not going to change
you're sounding real salty for no reason might it be that the lakers lost so you rather take it out on your own team fans
just keep quiet and fall back

smh.gif
@ a lot of niketalk Lakers fans. Hobe gets shut down in the 4th and they putthe blame on everyone else, but him
roll.gif
Go Rockets!

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Damn, it's unbelievable how some PG's crush our defense, that pick and roll is very effective. Especially a PG who can shoot 3's.

The way the Lakers are playing, it looks like they are going to draw a 0 on this road trip.

with the way tmac was shooting, i don't understand why they keep doubling him way out to the 3pt line on that pick and roll. when they use tmac as ascreener, kobe and the lakers' PG always leave alston to shade tmac.

JVG was right, shoulda switch and force alston to give the ball back to tmac and see if what tmac can do.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Damn, it's unbelievable how some PG's crush our defense, that pick and roll is very effective. Especially a PG who can shoot 3's.

The way the Lakers are playing, it looks like they are going to draw a 0 on this road trip.

with the way tmac was shooting, i don't understand why they keep doubling him way out to the 3pt line on that pick and roll. when they use tmac as a screener, kobe and the lakers' PG always leave alston to shade tmac.

JVG was right, shoulda switch and force alston to give the ball back to tmac and see if what tmac can do.

I know Phil doesn't seem to coach any DURING the game, in making any kind of adjustments. He just sits in his damn high chair and waits for the playersto figure it out for themselves. I mean that it wouldn't kill him to draw something on the white board to at least look like he's doing something.

tupac003 is the realest laker fan on here. dude actually gives out criticism from their best to the worst player and gives the opponents props. that's a real fan right there.
I'll co-sign this. He seems to be the least irrational Laker fan on this board.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I know Phil doesn't seem to coach any DURING the game, in making any kind of adjustments. He just sits in his damn high chair and waits for the players to figure it out for themselves. I mean that it wouldn't kill him to draw something on the white board to at least look like he's doing something.

i wasnt able to watch the game, +#%% finals, but phil doesnt seem to be that kind of coach during the game anymore like he was during the bull first 3peat, hes not young anymore and if u watched the lakers 3 peat, he still sat on the bench, he'll draw up plays every once and a while but he has highexpectations for his players to know what plays to run through practice, he also mainly coaches by yelling at players during defense unlike when he just sitsback on offense, im pretty sure he relies on fish and kobe to coach on the floor, - also if u watch the lakers at the end of games on the last possession wheretheyre either tied or down by a possession, phil will draw a play up but its usually the same concept as always just a different play
- i guess what im saying is that he does most of his coaching in practice and expects his players, mainly kobe and fish possibly farmar too to already know theoffense and coach it on the floor, hes not young anymore, thats why people are surprised that hes coaching a team thats been rebuilt as opposed to a setcontender

First of all, Pau Gasol, in case you haven't noticed, is not a good defender.
Sure he would have made a big impact on the Offensive end, but he would not fix up our crummy D.

When your 2nd best perimeter defender and your best interior defenders are out for 2+ months, of course you're not going to be as good on D.
I'm worried because Bynum and Ariza aren't coming back as quickly as I had hoped, I hope we have at least 2 weeks to prepare for the playoffs at 100%
Take away Pau and Bynum and we got the 05' Lakers all over again.

Anyway, back to the game.
Fisher, Farmar, and Sasha were gettin torched out there on D, Shane Battier had one of the better Defensive games I have seen in a while.
Kobe did a good job on T-mac for the most part, but he tried to force the game way too much on Offense.
The pick-n-Roll was killing us though.
Skip-to-my-Lue played the best game of his career. If he played like that every night(he has improved alot this year), this team is gunna be tough.
22 wins is impressive, props to the Roc. Let's see if this year is any different on the playoffs, because we all know, that's the ONLY thing thatmatters

One loss isn't the end of the world, I would be estatic if the Lakers one the next 2 games and finished at 500 for the road-trip.

On a sidenote, JVG should not be allowed to do Rockets games anymore.
T-Mac, the 2nd best passer in the league?
Skip to my Lue is the 2nd best pg in the league?
Scola is the rookie of the year?(this one isn't as bad as the others, but still
smh.gif
)

Walkin Memorial wrote:
okay congrats to the Rocket fans
you guys win kool
us Laker fans were Pau-less
but the Rockets arent gonna win crap in the playoffs imageimageimage and its the truth

And Lakers fans wonder why people hate us. We were Pau less, but they were Yao less. It was actually a pretty evenly matched game. Our PG's just got outplayed and Battier locked down Kobe. There's no need to bring playoffs into this game post. When that time comes, it comes. As for now, Congrats to the Rockets. 22 is a row is amazing. Lakers need to take note on how the Rockets play defense.

i dont care if other fans hate lakers fans oh well too damn bad its not going to change
you're sounding real salty for no reason might it be that the lakers lost so you rather take it out on your own team fans
just keep quiet and fall back

Explain to me how I'm the one sounding salty when you brought up playoffs to make todays loss feel better. Why bring up Pau and not mention Yao? We got beat by a good team today, thats it. We got outplayed at certain positions and Kobe played horribly. I'm not taking it out on anyone son. I just don't see the point of being immature. Some of us can be gracious losers and some can't I guess.

Originally Posted by Walkin Memorial

Lakers fans shouldn't wonder why people hate us. Some of you guys are immature as hell. Yes we were Pau less, but they were Yao less. It was actually a pretty evenly matched game. Our PG's just got outplayed and Battier locked down Kobe. There's no need to bring playoffs into this game post. When that time comes, it comes. As for now, Congrats to the Rockets. 22 is a row is amazing. Lakers need to take note on how the Rockets play defense.

The rockers players would outplay the lakers players 10 out of 10 times with the current squads. Wouldn't that mean that the rockets have betterplayers overall? Keep thinking it is an even matchup

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

First of all, Pau Gasol, in case you haven't noticed, is not a good defender.
Sure he would have made a big impact on the Offensive end, but he would not fix up our crummy D.

When your 2nd best perimeter defender and your best interior defenders are out for 2+ months, of course you're not going to be as good on D.
I'm worried because Bynum and Ariza aren't coming back as quickly as I had hoped, I hope we have at least 2 weeks to prepare for the playoffs at 100%
Take away Pau and Bynum and we got the 05' Lakers all over again.

Anyway, back to the game.
Fisher, Farmar, and Sasha were gettin torched out there on D, Shane Battier had one of the better Defensive games I have seen in a while.
Kobe did a good job on T-mac for the most part, but he tried to force the game way too much on Offense.
The pick-n-Roll was killing us though.
Skip-to-my-Lue played the best game of his career. If he played like that every night(he has improved alot this year), this team is gunna be tough.
22 wins is impressive, props to the Roc. Let's see if this year is any different on the playoffs, because we all know, that's the ONLY thing that matters

One loss isn't the end of the world, I would be estatic if the Lakers one the next 2 games and finished at 500 for the road-trip.

On a sidenote, JVG should not be allowed to do Rockets games anymore.
T-Mac, the 2nd best passer in the league?
Skip to my Lue is the 2nd best pg in the league?
Scola is the rookie of the year?(this one isn't as bad as the others, but still
smh.gif
)

i just pray we play denver or warriors. those teams don't play defense at all.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by thachosen123

The Lakers always make average pg's teams look great
eyes.gif
fixed that for you sir

laugh.gif
at you if you honestly believe that. #1 in the best conference in years [Rakim/Ain't no joke/Rakim].

average team my $%!, the D they play is top 3 in the league along with the Spurs and Pistons.
What do the Spurs and Pistons have in common?

You figure it out

so can we pencil in the Rockets for the championship?
grin.gif

and my response wasn't solely about the Rockets, when i said average team i was referring to games like the Sac games 2 weeks ago

and in now way am i taking anything away from the Houston, there just on another level right now

with the way tmac was shooting, i don't understand why they keep doubling him way out to the 3pt line on that pick and roll. when they use tmac as a screener, kobe and the lakers' PG always leave alston to shade tmac.

thats because our PG's along with odom and walton are ******ed, they always "help" on defense without actually helping if you know what Imean

Lmao good 2 see skip do his thing smh at sasha... but we r so weak without pau or bynum n the line up kobe was forced 2 play lock down d on t mac score againstthe lockdown d of shane and create 4 his team 2 much 4 one guy but the main thing pau does is he gives a 2nd consistant scorer and frees up both kobe andlamar... tough games ahead 4 us but I kinda wanted us 2 slide down sum spots n the west so hopefully we can get an easier 1st round rather than getting bangedup early

The rockers players would outplay the lakers players 10 out of 10 times with the current squads. Wouldn't that mean that the rockets have better players overall? Keep thinking it is an even matchup

I understand where you're coming from. But Rafer played out of control today. I doubt he'll do that every night. Fisher, Farmar and Sasha have justbeen in slumps last couple games. When they get back to playing their game, I believe the PG play is about even if not in our favor. Kobe also had a horriblegame today. He shot a whole lot of jumpers and basically got like 2 shots going to the hoop. It wasnt a normal game for him. I blame the loss on our defensethough. We came out in the 3rd with fire and intensity and got the lead down. Then we went back to playing how we did in the first half.

Originally Posted by Walkin Memorial

The rockers players would outplay the lakers players 10 out of 10 times with the current squads. Wouldn't that mean that the rockets have better players overall? Keep thinking it is an even matchup

I understand where you're coming from. But Rafer played out of control today. I doubt he'll do that every night. Fisher, Farmar and Sasha have just been in slumps last couple games. When they get back to playing their game, I believe the PG play is about even if not in our favor. Kobe also had a horrible game today. He shot a whole lot of jumpers and basically got like 2 shots going to the hoop. It wasnt a normal game for him. I blame the loss on our defense though. We came out in the 3rd with fire and intensity and got the lead down. Then we went back to playing how we did in the first half.

the rockets players seem to play with 100% effort even when they are sucking on offense. I would take those type of players over sasha, fisher, and farmar
tired.gif

you already knew lakers were gonna lose when kobe took 33 shots with soft fadeaway jumpers.
11-33

tmac made 4 out of 16 which is bad already. the question is if he took 17 more shots, could he make more than 7? which is kobe's 11-33.

probably.

Originally Posted by FYALADY

you already knew lakers were gonna lose when kobe took 33 shots with soft fadeaway jumpers.
11-33

tmac made 4 out of 16 which is bad already. the question is if he took 17 more shots, could he make more than 7? which is kobe's 11-33.

probably.

tmac was 4-7 in the 2nd half. but his teamates had it going so he didn't need to force the issue. he was 2-4 for 9 pts in the 4th quarter.

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

tupac003 is the realest laker fan on here. dude actually gives out criticism from their best to the worst player and gives the opponents props. that's a real fan right there.
x2

also add KB8 Sandiego , Sohi, etc...

+ Ska imo

Back
Top Bottom