3/16 Lakers v. Rockets (Where 22 Happens)

Thanks for the props everybody. I love the lakers but I love the game of basketball even more. Its not hard to give another team props. We had a shot but wedidn't do what we needed to do to win the game. The rockets did and they won end of story.

I know some people let being a fan get in front of knowing basketball. I can't do that. I have played the game all my life and when my team is doing bad Iwill call it out. Only thing I hate are certain trolls who come in just to hate on the lakers or most of the time to hate on kobe. IMO kobe is the best rightnow but he had a terrible game. 11 for 33 isn't going to get it done. Fisher/farmar's D was horrible vs skip and he took advantage if it. The roleplayer the rockets have know their game and thats what they do. THIS ROCKETS TEAM IS DANGEROUS!

But me I will always look on the bright side. I know that my team isn't 100%. But that doesn't excuse the D. But when we do get bynum, pau, chris andarzia back we are going to be a better team. So I look at it like this. Take the L, try to fix what you did wrong and move on. This wasn't game 7 but thiswas a great regular season game that I am glad ABC picked up so everybody in the nation could see H-town and give them their props.

We have a very tough mav squad up next. We need to put it together or we will drop to the 5th seed. PHX next two games are vs portland and the sonics. Theyshould take care of those teams and then they have H-town. I love the west right now.

6836e7e84e0f88899d6e4f56ad0b586a-getty-76075385bb040_lakers_rockets.jpg

91e9aca9df3bef967d30b6aab5b54748-getty-76075385bb039_lakers_rockets.jpg

2647fb261c6ddb29ab4d5a83508ea196-getty-76075385bb037_lakers_rockets.jpg

9a8a9c7ce8690f897e0ef8308491f7a0-getty-76075385bb038_lakers_rockets.jpg

Rocket defense

32433c8fc1325a1b75bc5d1ad23d3fe6-getty-76075385nb031_lakers_rockets_1_rockets_knicks.jpg

We had a great game today and our role players really stepped it up in place of T-Mac's poor shooting. Our defense was on lockdown mode.
22 in a row
pimp.gif
. #1 seed
pimp.gif
. Let's get itttttttttttttttttt.

incredible streak, cant knock that

^skip with the dribbling exhibition for "the machine"
laugh.gif

only thing missing was rafer bouncing the ball off sasha's head and dikembe on the mic screaming and1 style "OH BABY, look at skip go"

amazing streak by the rockets, you guys have killer defense, and great to see the little skip to my lou exhibition(sp) at the end...

Originally Posted by odiggidy

Originally Posted by tupac003

Can somebody explain to me why us laker fans can't leave a damn thead without talking stupid crap? Tmac didn't have the best game but they won.

You may believe they won't do crap in the playoffs but game threads are game threads. And in this game they beat us. Take the L and move on. Rockets are number one in the west and thats all there is to it. We have to worry about us. PHX is only one game behind us for a tie of the pacific divison. Thats what we need to worry about.

props to this man.
glasses.gif
no excuses like "we were Pau- less"
indifferent.gif
so the hell what? Rockets were "Yao- less".

edit*
akajaedeuce you mad?
tupac is definitely one of the better Laker fans. Because of guys like him, I try to keep my Dirty Snake references to a minimum.
mad.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Before i go to wash my car...

smh.gif
and
indifferent.gif
at TMac most of the game. Jesus! However, i'm glad he did step up and provided a little lift in the fourth and also glad he stuck to the TEAM game plan and NOT try to force anything and make it a one on one thing with Kobe. This game also showed me that for the FIRST time in his ENTIRE career, Tmac has a TEAM. If this was ANY other year in his career, they would've been BLOWN out with no chance of winning if Tmac didn't score what he usually does.

Secondly, RAFER ALSTON for MVP!!!!!!!! He was an ABSOLUTE BEAST tonight. He CARRIED the team the WHOLE game. Hit BIG basket after BIG Basket and pulled the "Skip To My Lou" at the end on that piece of %@#+ broke "Machine."
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Third, Shane *%!!%%@ Battier. Dude is BY FAR, THE BEST guy in the NBA that does NOT get NO kinda recognition and i'm SOOOOO glad that the NATIONAL audience got to see and appreciate what this guy does night in and night out and NEVER complains about ANYTHING. Doesn't care if he doesn't get a shot the ENTIRE game, goes out and defends the BEST player on the opposite team, scraps for loose balls...He is THAT dude and i wish they made awards for Best Role Player or something cause he'd probably be the winner of 8 straight of those.

Lastly, I'm just VERY VERY happy that the Rockets didn't lose to the Lakers and get their streak snapped by the Lakers. As long as that didnt' happen, i'm good.

22-0....that's SERIOUS business.

pimp.gif

6e5a1622d951ecbf7b86f15905698dfb-getty-76075796bb034_bobcats_rockets.jpg

HOUSTON - MARCH 14: Tracy McGrady #1 of the Houston Rockets gets an IV to hydrate himself after the game on March 14, 2008 at the Toyota Center in Houston,Texas.

8639187f9e40bf0bac1fd88861093e62-getty-76075796bb031_bobcats_rockets.jpg

546319fa4d907c87d3ecd307dfe83295-getty-76075385nb033_lakers_rockets_1_rockets_knicks.jpg

r1552500540.jpg

a4b5a4318981ed2bf97d4da58376e5f0-getty-76075385nb019_lakers_rockets_1_rockets_knicks.jpg

ad080be23a0c31888ddf00563d8ceffb-getty-76075385nb028_lakers_rockets_1_rockets_knicks.jpg

r137067578.jpg

495132284a43fae3f9db9ada777fed99-getty-76075385nb001_lakers_rockets_1_rockets_knicks.jpg

capt.391a05c748b947b9a1de45400f1396e5.lakers_rockets_basketball_htr101.jpg

pimp.gif

SHUGES always taking shots at Kobe.
laugh.gif

When things are going bad for #24, Mr. SHUGES is there to stick the dagger in his back.
tongue.gif

*sigh*

Why do so many players have career games against the Lakers? Our defense needs drastic improvement (or have Bynum and Ariza back). I hope Lakers don't gowinless on this roadtrip.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

so much for kobe MVP talks.

CHOKE!

Once again, the only group more irrational than Kobe riders, are Kobe haters.

So one game takes him out of the MVP race and leads to the Lakers being overrated pieces of trash(not talking to you, just in general of what some people aresaying) who won't even make the playoffs?

Right?

Congrats to the Rockets for their 22nd victory.
eek.gif
That is quite a feat. I really am hoping this leads to bigger things, i.e, a playoff series win because weall know T-Mac needs one in his life.
laugh.gif

Also, it's like clockwork how some of these Laker fans act, aside from a few like SoHi or Tupac, crying and acting salty after a loss.
laugh.gif

^ i don't know if the rockets can do this to a healthy laker/spur team in a 7 game series. they MIGHT be able to do it v. the jazz/mavs/hornets. theyprobably can do it v. the warriors.

but we'll see. they have the celtics on tuesday, then hornets the next night (b2b). then ANOTHER b2b v. suns and warriors.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

^ i don't know if the rockets can do this to a healthy laker/spur team in a 7 game series. they MIGHT be able to do it v. the jazz/mavs/hornets. they probably can do it v. the warriors.

but we'll see. they have the celtics on tuesday, then hornets the next night (b2b). then ANOTHER b2b v. suns and warriors.

Back
Top Bottom