30 years since the death of the Greatest musician ever!!!!

I dont want to get into the 'overrated' argument, I'll just say... no. RIP to a legend. The man will always be remembered for his music and activism more than being a pothead.

bob_marley_tattoo_fail.jpg

Bob is consider to be the greatest artist of all time in many many third world countries and his legacy is not to be over looked. This man inspired millions to peacefully fight against injustice and to be yourself. If you don't like the music - fine - but don't try to fight the fact that he is potentially the most influential artist of all time and actually stood for something. 2pac is a minor figure compared to Bob when it comes to influence (not to put him down in any way).

Bob is consider to be the greatest artist of all time in many many third world countries and his legacy is not to be over looked. This man inspired millions to peacefully fight against injustice and to be yourself. If you don't like the music - fine - but don't try to fight the fact that he is potentially the most influential artist of all time and actually stood for something. 2pac is a minor figure compared to Bob when it comes to influence (not to put him down in any way).

R.I.P. and long live Robert Nesta. You will always be my favorite artist of any genre of music. Your music
still lives on strong after your death. Appreciated and RESPECT. *plays Forever Loving Jah*  
bob-marley-and-guitar-pic1.jpg

R.I.P. and long live Robert Nesta. You will always be my favorite artist of any genre of music. Your music
still lives on strong after your death. Appreciated and RESPECT. *plays Forever Loving Jah*  
bob-marley-and-guitar-pic1.jpg

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

Originally Posted by Flyest In The Hood

Wow, Bob Marley has to be the most overrated musician ever.

He is. People our age today only like him because he smoked pounds of weed
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

That has to be one of the most ridiculous generalizations I've ever seen.  If you don't like his music, that's cool, but don't assume that nobody "your age" can like Bob Marely's music for its own merit.   

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

Originally Posted by Flyest In The Hood

Wow, Bob Marley has to be the most overrated musician ever.

He is. People our age today only like him because he smoked pounds of weed
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

That has to be one of the most ridiculous generalizations I've ever seen.  If you don't like his music, that's cool, but don't assume that nobody "your age" can like Bob Marely's music for its own merit.   

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by tim teufel

greatest? nah

co-sign, not even close IMO

Not even CLOSE? Are you serious? Explain why he isn't even close to being the greatest musician ever and please tell me who you think is.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by tim teufel

greatest? nah

co-sign, not even close IMO

Not even CLOSE? Are you serious? Explain why he isn't even close to being the greatest musician ever and please tell me who you think is.

I wouldn't say greatest either, I definitely listen to it though. Coming in from the cold
pimp.gif

I wouldn't say greatest either, I definitely listen to it though. Coming in from the cold
pimp.gif

Back in college at nearly every house I’d visit I’d see a Bob Marley poster. That %%%% caught me off guard at first, I thought I was amongst people who actually listened to the music. I remember freshman year being at someone’s house asking them what their favorite album was and they couldn’t even think of one. I toned the question down and always asked what their favorite song of theirs was and they’d always say “I shot the Sheriff, but I prefer Eric Clapton’s version

Back in college at nearly every house I’d visit I’d see a Bob Marley poster. That %%%% caught me off guard at first, I thought I was amongst people who actually listened to the music. I remember freshman year being at someone’s house asking them what their favorite album was and they couldn’t even think of one. I toned the question down and always asked what their favorite song of theirs was and they’d always say “I shot the Sheriff, but I prefer Eric Clapton’s version

Back
Top Bottom