30 years since the death of the Greatest musician ever!!!!

Bob overrated? you guys are trippin'

and to say that people like him only because he smoked the ganj is straight ignorant

not even top 5????????

that man brought people together unlike any musician before or after him (MJ is the only close one imo)

always had a positive message, never had a bone in his body that did it for the $ or fame

this man put his life on the line as a revolutionary and a leader of his people and those in similar circumstances

nt, you have really disappointed me tonight....if you cant feel his music, thats fine, but he was so much more than his tunes. our generation is trash sometimes...

Bob overrated? you guys are trippin'

and to say that people like him only because he smoked the ganj is straight ignorant

not even top 5????????

that man brought people together unlike any musician before or after him (MJ is the only close one imo)

always had a positive message, never had a bone in his body that did it for the $ or fame

this man put his life on the line as a revolutionary and a leader of his people and those in similar circumstances

nt, you have really disappointed me tonight....if you cant feel his music, thats fine, but he was so much more than his tunes. our generation is trash sometimes...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

TheAfricanDream wrote:

Clearly, the point point of this thread has been missed. Rest in peace to ONE of the greatest and most influential artists and of all time. I've been to numerous Wailers and Ziggy/Damian/Stephen, etc concerts and don't know of any many other artists that have/had the ability to bring together people of all races and walks of life together in the spirit of positivity and having a good time.

Lil B. 

This has got to stop. Take Lil B's genitals out of your mouth.
Bob Marley is great and is def appreciated but... MJ>all

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

TheAfricanDream wrote:

Clearly, the point point of this thread has been missed. Rest in peace to ONE of the greatest and most influential artists and of all time. I've been to numerous Wailers and Ziggy/Damian/Stephen, etc concerts and don't know of any many other artists that have/had the ability to bring together people of all races and walks of life together in the spirit of positivity and having a good time.

Lil B. 

This has got to stop. Take Lil B's genitals out of your mouth.
Bob Marley is great and is def appreciated but... MJ>all

Bob Marley was the greatest reggae artist... maybe is just me but the man music was amazing. R.I.P Bob Marley
and to compare MJ and bob is like comparing oranges and apples.

Bob Marley was the greatest reggae artist... maybe is just me but the man music was amazing. R.I.P Bob Marley
and to compare MJ and bob is like comparing oranges and apples.

Whoa, the disrespect in here is pretty thick. I wouldn't have assumed this.

I like Sade's music more than Bob Marley but could never say that she accomplished all that he has as an activist and world figure.

And I am certain that most of his fan's (older crowd) don't smoke or support smokin tree.

Whoa, the disrespect in here is pretty thick. I wouldn't have assumed this.

I like Sade's music more than Bob Marley but could never say that she accomplished all that he has as an activist and world figure.

And I am certain that most of his fan's (older crowd) don't smoke or support smokin tree.

TmAk15 wrote:
If there’s any musical artist that I can say has been in my ear from the beginning of my life it’s Bob Marley and the Wailers. My dad being Belizean the dialect he speaks is called kriol, the soft spoken cousin of Jamaican patoi so it’s clear where he found a connection with the language. He fell in love with the music because he found personal similarities in the songs portraying a poor man living in the third world. Growing up in DC I didn’t endure the same circumstances but the hood here drew me towards appreciating the music’s stance on social justice. 

Same exact circumstance with me and I am French speaking from West Africa.

TmAk15 wrote:
If there’s any musical artist that I can say has been in my ear from the beginning of my life it’s Bob Marley and the Wailers. My dad being Belizean the dialect he speaks is called kriol, the soft spoken cousin of Jamaican patoi so it’s clear where he found a connection with the language. He fell in love with the music because he found personal similarities in the songs portraying a poor man living in the third world. Growing up in DC I didn’t endure the same circumstances but the hood here drew me towards appreciating the music’s stance on social justice. 

Same exact circumstance with me and I am French speaking from West Africa.

Back
Top Bottom