Originally Posted by University of Nike

Chalmers is probably gone. Someone is going to overpay him.

Cut all of the fat off the roster. The majority of the vets they brought in can't play for crap anymore.

Two guys I would target: Aaron Brooks and Sam Dalembert.
Aw hell naw
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by KenJi714

keep that stuff outta their offseason thread.  i know you'd be tight if people did something similar to troll in the laker offseason thread.

one advantage miami will have this offseason is the fact dudes will be willing to go there for cheap.
Agreed on both points. I loved seeing the Heat lose as much as the next guy, but there are enough threads already for that celebration.

As for role players (mainly vets) that will go to Miami in a heartbeat, that's a given, and it brings up a point Wilbon discussed back in the ECF. He said he's talked to many current players and apparently Miami is the place a lot of vets want to go (and will play for cheap). In the same vein, he said apparently the list of shooting guards are lining up waiting to go to Chicago. If I'm a fan of either of those teams, I have to feel pretty good. They are both a relatively cheap piece or two away from getting over the hump. Just as the Heat got farther this year than many expected, so did the Bulls.

I was wondering with all this venom spewed toward Lebron, do any of you heat fans realize your biggest problem?

erik-spoelstra.jpg

This mofo is the reason yall lost the finals. Mike Brown 2.0

tired.gif
 the pain is finally subsiding ..it was a great season Finals first year with the Big 3 only can get better from here !!

Man i would love for chalmers to stay but it doesn't look like he will  
tired.gif
 .. out of everybody that was mentioned aaron brooks and NeNe jumps out at me   but and yes there is a (but) I got this feeling Samuel will be in a heat jersey next season instead....I say keep joel anthony as many times as I scream and yell when he goofs on the offensive side I yell and scream cheering when he is on defense great defender lots of energy just needs to work on finishing at the rim this summer ....cool I to agree with you like i was telling one of my co-workers yesterday I believe pittman will make a big impact for us next season I HAVE FAITH IN THAT YOUNG MAN
laugh.gif
..  ...Pat work ya magic man  

and my gosh Bibby's PER
sick.gif

Originally Posted by bdis1986

tired.gif
 the pain is finally subsiding ..it was a great season Finals first year with the Big 3 only can get better from here !!

Man i would love for chalmers to stay but it doesn't look like he will  
tired.gif
 .. out of everybody that was mentioned aaron brooks and NeNe jumps out at me   but and yes there is a (but) I got this feeling Samuel will be in a heat jersey next season instead....I say keep joel anthony as many times as I scream and yell when he goofs on the offensive side I yell and scream cheering when he is on defense great defender lots of energy just needs to work on finishing at the rim this summer ....cool I to agree with you like i was telling one of my co-workers yesterday I believe pittman will make a big impact for us next season I HAVE FAITH IN THAT YOUNG MAN
laugh.gif
..  ...Pat work ya magic man  

and my gosh Bibby's PER
sick.gif

laugh.gif
 .. Exactly!!! Sometimes you just have to put faith in people until they prove you wrong. I truly do believe he can have a strong and bright future with this team and in this League .... Rooting for the homie!

Man, it would be amazing to see Grant Hill (my favorite player in the league) play with LeBron (my second favorite player in the league). Really interesting how Grant could substitute any of the big 3. It is killing me to see that Jason Kidd got a ring and Grant didn't.

But Dalembert should be their biggest priority. Of course Nene would be better, but of those they have a realistic chance to pick up they should focus completely on Dalembert. They sure could've used him this series to prevent Chandler from getting default offensive rebounds because of size.

And as for Bibby, what a moron Spoelstra is for waiting all the way to game 6 to let Chalmers start over him. Especially after he bricked four open threes in game 1. And then in game 6 he doesn't even give Bibby a single minute. Like he finally had a revelation that he wasn't that good. People really need to stop calling this guy a good coach because he really isn't. Miami will probably win a couple or more championships over the next dozen seasons, but it certainly won't be because of his coaching.

I don't get the notion that the Heat will lose Mario Chalmers but turn around and nab themselves Aaron Brooks.

Brooks had a terrible season by all accounts, but he's still better than Chalmers. He'll end up fetching a more expensive contract.

^ you really think brooks is better than chalmers? i think chalmers value went up in these playoffs.

i think the only thing the heat need to do is replace the coach and get rid of bibby.

they HAD this title if spolstra subbed correctly....

Originally Posted by NobleKane

^ you really think brooks is better than chalmers? i think chalmers value went up in these playoffs.

i think the only thing the heat need to do is replace the coach and get rid of bibby.

they HAD this title if spolstra subbed correctly....
Is Brooks as good as his 09-10 season suggested? Nah, but he's definitely not as bad as he was this past season either. Chalmers is a solid PG that can knock down threes, cause steals/deflections and make the occasional play for others but nothing special. For this Heat team, I much prefer Chalmers though. I would not pay him over $3.5 million per season.

Originally Posted by mrezykickz

Thought maybe you guys might appreciate this. Some nice words..
http://blogs.sun-sentinel...-2010-11-miami-heat.html

Definitely a good read and thanks for posting fam!
I strongly believe Riley will do whatever in his power to keep Rio. He's proven his value over the course of the playoffs and Finals and with a full off-season to get in tune with the 3, he can truly evolve in a Rondo style player for this team .... with the ability to score! But unfortunately, that's not how this league works. Everything is based on Dollars and "Sense" and I don't mean Common either ...

NBA Finals 2011: 8 Moves the Miami Heat Need to Make This Summer

By 
Ethan Norof
  June 14, 2011

112272219_crop_650x440.jpg

LeBron James
Dwyane WadeChris Bosh and the entire Miami Heat team face a long summer after a disappointing end to their campaign.

For this team to compete for a championship, they're definitely going to have to make some alterations to the current roster.

While it certainly doesn't make any sense for the club to entertain the thought of dealing either LeBron James or Dwyane Wade, the lack of payroll flexibility makes any potential deal challenging.

Here are eight potential ways to improve the Heat in an effort to bring the biggest party of them all to South Beach.
8. Draft Jeremy Tyler
da93680f-e72f-de11-a973-001cc494dda6_original_display_image.jpg

Currently, the Miami Heat hold just one draft selection (No. 31) in the 2011 http://bleacherreport.com/articles/717254-nba-draft-2011-50-bold-predictions-for-draft-day-in-juneNBA draft, so they would be very wise to make it count in a big way.

Despite the fact that they've got reserve big men Joel Anthony and Udonis Haslem signed for the long-term, drafting Tyler and his sky-high ceiling makes all of the sense in the world for the team moving forward.

He's going to need some work at the next level, but the Heat won't be in a rush to deplore him into the rotation and he could finally give the club a reasonable answer in the middle once he begins to hone his skills.

The sky is really the limit for Tyler, and his stock seems to be rising by the day.[/Spoiler]
7. Sign T.J. Ford

107497603_display_image.jpg

Mario Chalmers is a restricted free agent, and it's crucial that the Heat don't overpay to retain his services.

Clearly still an area where the team desperately needs an upgrade, T.J. Ford has been a forgotten man for the Pacers, but that doesn't mean that he has nothing left in the tank.

Just 28 years old and a former lottery pick out of Texas, Ford is the type of point guard the Heat needs, as he could capably facilitate the offense without looking for his shot.

He'd certainly come cheap after barely seeing the court this season (career-low 41 games played), and the veteran would really do well to improve the Heat's offensive flow.
6. Trade for Jerryd Bayless

110968760_display_image.jpg

Miami Acquires: PG Jerryd Bayless, $5 million Trade Exception

Toronto Acquires: SG Mike Miller, Two Future First-Round Picks

They can't all be blockbuster trades.

Jerryd Bayless isn't getting the burn that he deserves in Toronto, and a change of scenery could be of great benefit to his reaching the fullest of his potential.

Should Leandro Barbosa depart to Brazil, Mike Miller would make an excellent replacement for him off the bench, while Bayless would immediately become the starting point guard for Miami.

He's the type of player who fits the current construction of the team, and although Bayless hasn't always had a pass-first mentality, he's done an excellent job of acclimating his game over the last couple of seasons.

It's mind-boggling to think about how many assists he could compile dishing passes to LeBron, Wade & Bosh.
5. Sign Allen Iverson

97063424_display_image.jpg

Now that Allen Iverson is fully healed from a calf injury that cut his time in Turkey short, he's already said that he'd like to resume his NBA career.

After alienating himself from the league over the last few seasons, Miami offers the grandest of stages for A.I. to make his valiant return to the big show.

The need for a point guard is clear on Miami, and while Iverson hasn't been the most prolific contributor over the last few seasons, he's certainly better than anyone they rostered during the year.

He represents another reason for Heat fans to fill the building, and it could be an awfully intriguing scenario should the team express legitimate interest.
4. Sign Michael Redd

81206201_display_image.jpg

Miami isn't going to have a ton of leeway with the payroll to execute a ton of signings, so the team needs to shop in the bargain bin (to an extent) in order to find the best value.

Granted that there is going to be an enormous risk in signing Michael Redd—we're talking about a guy who averaged 20-plus points for six straight NBA seasons.

The veteran would serve to anchor the second unit, and he'd most likely be playing on a one-year "prove it" type of contract that would provide incentive for both sides.

He would allow the team to actually rest LeBron James for an extended period in the second half and wouldn't be asked to play more than 20 to 25 minutes per night.
3. Trade for Josh Smith

114134400_display_image.jpg

Miami Acquires: PF Josh Smith, PG Kirk Hinrich

Atlanta Acquires: PF Chris Bosh, C Joel Anthony, C Dexter Pittman, Future First-Rounder & Future Second-Rounder

There have been some indications that both Josh Smith and Kirk Hinrich could be on the trade block for Atlanta, and if the Heat can swap Chris Bosh for both of them, that's a deal that they should not hesitate in making.

Hinrich only has one year remaining on his deal, so in addition to being an expiring contract, it instantly provides an upgrade to the point guard situation and that would slide him in as the starter.

Smith would take Bosh's spot in the starting five, and the picks sent to Atlanta wouldn't have much adverse impact on the long-term future of Miami.
2. Sign Samuel Dalembert

110564766_display_image.jpg

There's no doubt that Samuel Dalembert would have to take a major pay decrease if he is going to join Miami next season, but the chance at playing for a championship could entice him to do exactly that.

After spending the majority of his entire career with the Sixers and some brief time with the Kings, Dalembert finally has the chance to join a legitimate contender.

His arrival to the team would bump Joel Anthony to a reserve role, but that shouldn't be a problem for the big man who is already familiar with that.

Dalembert, an excellent rebounder and a defensive presence in the middle, is exactly the type of center the Heat desperately need.
1. Trade for Andrew Bogut

111785922_display_image.jpg

Miami Acquires: C Andrew Bogut, PF Drew Gooden

Orlando Acquires: PF Chris Bosh, SG Mike Miller

In an outside-the-box scenario, the Heat could plug their hole at center in an emphatic way by making the push for Milwaukee's Andrew Bogut.

Although he hasn't exactly been a harbinger of good health throughout his NBA career, Bogut when he's at his best is one of the most overpowering centers in the game.

He's offensively capable enough to replace what Bosh does for the team currently, and he brings a whole lot of defensive intensity to pair along with it.

Drew Gooden would be an excellent fit to pair with Udonis Haslem at the power forward spot moving forward, and despite a very different look, this Miami club could be even better than the 2010-11 version.

I don't get it. The heat certainly does not lack on offense nor defense. The problem is Lebron James

Miami needs 1 other guy who is going to look for his shot and create his own shot off the dribble. They surrounded the big 3 with guys who are stand still shooters(bibby, miller, jones)

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

I don't get it. The heat certainly does not lack on offense nor defense. The problem is Lebron James

hahahaaa... riiight.. Lebron James is a  problem.. lol..
          Cause in his first year with the Heat.. he made it to the Finals.. lets see what he does in his second year with the Heat lol...

He's going to cause a lot of Problems in the league next season... Cant Wait for the heat to stampede through the season
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

That last article is stupid, the author makes it as if the heat didn't reach the finals.

I agree with you on that point. It was pretty interesting to see their argument as to why they need to look into any of those 8 players though; especially the Rookie from San Diego. Kid has some great upside for sure! Be that as it may, any transaction involving the removal of Dexter Pittman would be frowned upon in my opinion  .... at least I would frown upon it. We have to keep him on this roster some way some how!

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

It's gotten to a point that you don't even need to read the words that someone with a Kobe avatar writes.

It's just quicker to look at the avatar/name/signature than to actually take the time to see what they write.

I'm wondering why a lot of Miami fans are satisfied that they made it to the Finals. An accomplishment, sure, but for a team like the Heat? I mean Lebron took his scrub Cleveland team to the Finals once, and pretty far into the playoffs several times. It really was a championship or bust season for them.

Miami Heat extend qualifying offer to Mario Chalmers

MIAMI— The Miami Heat entered the bookkeeping portion of their schedule Wednesday by extending a qualifying offer to guard Mario Chalmers, an impending free agent.

By extending the qualifying offer of just over $1 million for the 2011-12 season, Chalmers becomes a restricted free agent, allowing the Heat to match outside offers, regardless of the salary-cap implications.

What happens next remains unclear. With the current collective-bargaining agreement to expire June 30, it is unclear if restricted free agency will remain part of a new agreement. As it is, while Chalmers becomes a free agent on July 1, no free-agent signings will be allowed until a new CBA is reached. In the void of an agreement, the NBA is expected to impose a lockout on July 1.

While Chalmers has spent three uneven seasons with the Heat after he was added out of Kansas in the second round of the 2008 NBA Draft, he is coming off a strong performance in the NBA Finals against the Dallas Mavericks, regaining his starting position for Sunday's series finale.

Mike Bibby, the other point guard who finished the season on the Heat roster, also will become a free agent July 1. Chalmers is the lone restricted free agent on the Heat roster.

Three other bookkeeping matters remain unresolved for the Heat, the player options forward James Jones, center Zydrunas Ilgauskas and guard Eddie House hold for next season. Those decisions must be made by June 30. Jones is expected to opt-in, with Ilgauskas likely to retire. House also could return.

Chalmers ranks eighth on the Heat's all-time list in steals, ninth in 3-pointers made, 12th in assists, 19th in minutes, tied for 19th in games and 22nd in 3-point percentage. He set a franchise record for a reserve with his 13 assists April 13 in Toronto and holds the franchise record with nine steals against the Philadelphia 76ers on Nov. 5, 2008. In 2008-09 he became the first Heat rookie to start all 82 games, earning an NBA All-Rookie second-team nomination.

With us only offering Chalmers around 1.3million I'm pretty sure Riley is intending to offer a FA the MLE. But in the last article posted if we can dump Mike Miller to the Raptors in return for Jared Bayless and 5million i'll do that in a heart beat.

Having a MLE along with 5mil could land us Dalembert, Grant Hill, TMAC, and a TJ Ford/Allen Iverson..
eek.gif

Thats only if everything goes well the the CBA.

...the hate for Chalmers is unfair. but expected from the usual S&T geniuses
eyes.gif
. Chalmers played VERY well. too good to be 'the problem'.

- real talk? they sign Nene in the offseason and MIA would be perfectly fine as-is.....

Originally Posted by roboski

But in the last article posted if we can dump Mike Miller to the Raptors in return for Jared Bayless and 5million i'll do that in a heart beat.
Bayless though!?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

...the hate for Chalmers is unfair. but expected from the usual S&T geniuses
eyes.gif
. Chalmers played VERY well. too good to be 'the problem'.

- real talk? they sign Nene in the offseason and MIA would be perfectly fine as-is.....

co sign... nene would be the best thing we can get... bosh/haslem/nene/anthony/pittman..
i would not trade miller for bayless... if we keep chalmers and house why would we need a player like bayless if we have miller?... he can play the 2/3 sub in for wade or lebron and handle the ball a little bit.. did he play bad? yeah but he still did hustle and his thumbs will heal...

our main problem was a center that lacked scoring... that gave other teams to load up on other players..

SaintVitus07 wrote:
roboski wrote:
But in the last article posted if we can dump Mike Miller to the Raptors in return for Jared Bayless and $5million i'll do that in a heart beat.

Bayless though!?
laugh.gif

Mike Miller is injury prone and didn't give the Heat any advantage in any aspect of any game this season. By dumping is over paid salary to a team willing to take him would be a blessing. But I'm just speculating on the article Mr2Cool80 posted.

Back
Top Bottom